Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Final nail in the coffin for “I can’t get away tickets”

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You have still yet to give a reason why the consecutive season ticket rule applies if it isn’t a blackmail tool.

It’s almost like you can’t think of one.

You have still yet to give a reason why the consecutive season ticket rule applies if it isn’t a blackmail tool.

I wouldn’t really call it blackmail. It’s a) rewarding those contributing to the club on a sustained basis and b) probably much easier from an admin perspective. Can see why it’s so frustrating for anyone that have to take time out for whatever reason though.

If you leave a golf club for a year, most will charge you a new member joining fee when you sign up again - your previous loyalty doesn’t count for much.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It rewards continued financial support for the club. Does that help? Some may drop their season because of financial circumstances and some might not renew because of a bad season (eg the Hyypia reign) and then come back when things are looking up. Do you think the club should get a written reason from each fan to consider on individual merit?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not quite - we've taken an allocation of 1,868 for Liverpool.

And I’m not even a BRONZE member these days and yet I still managed to get a ticket.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Watford, no. Liverpool, yes - they took a smaller allocation. I imagine it'll be the same at all the northern games that we're guaranteed a drubbing.

I wager you are wrong!

The only other "Northern games that we're guaranteed a drubbing" will be City and United (albeit I wouldn't say guaranteed at Old Trafford if last season anything to go by). For both we will sell out our full allocations (City very quickly).

Very particular circumstances as to why the take up for Liverpool was so low as others have pointed out.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
We got tickets too (bronze members) but make the most of it, this situation will not be repeated often this season.

Coming over from oz got tickets for Liverpool what's the best way to get there early will not have a car?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It rewards continued financial support for the club. Does that help? Some may drop their season because of financial circumstances and some might not renew because of a bad season (eg the Hyypia reign) and then come back when things are looking up. Do you think the club should get a written reason from each fan to consider on individual merit?

This.... it’s never blackmail is just the easiest way to reward supporters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We got tickets too (bronze members) but make the most of it, this situation will not be repeated often this season.

Proving ONCE and for ALL that the most loyal fans aren't just JCL PL STH's...:albion2: ;)

JakyBF

Apr 19, 2016
Heathfield
13 tickets (Severely Restricted View ??? ) still available for Liverpool Away

470 tickets still available for Southampton Away

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
So many away games going to history and general sale...

Where are all the loyal fans?

So many? There's only been 4 aways on sale! Watford sold out in the second tier, Liverpool sales were severely affected by the change of kick off time and lack of trains. I was surprised Southampton took so long to sell, although being a week night again and on tv, people know it's a nightmare to get back from.

No idea about City though, thought it would sell a lot better than it has due to a lot of people (me included) missing out last season due to it being moved to midweek.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
So many? There's only been 4 aways on sale! Watford sold out in the second tier, Liverpool sales were severely affected by the change of kick off time and lack of trains. I was surprised Southampton took so long to sell, although being a week night again and on tv, people know it's a nightmare to get back from.

No idea about City though, thought it would sell a lot better than it has due to a lot of people (me included) missing out last season due to it being moved to midweek.
3 out of 4.....so many by ratio [emoji16]

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here