Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
How the Home button works is one of the changes Amazon introduced when it upgraded the Fire TV software to 5.0.5.1 (I think) over the last few days. The big change (for me) is that Kodi is once again available from the 'Recent' menu on the home page, so no need for Llama or Firestarter (the latter of which gets deleted in the upgrade, anyway).

This is the reason as I've just found out. The update has disabled firestarter so that's why I don't have the home screen as it was before. Even though it's installed and I've reinstalled it, the app doesn't show up in the manage application screen.
Not sure if you can get past this or not

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
This is the reason as I've just found out. The update has disabled firestarter so that's why I don't have the home screen as it was before. Even though it's installed and I've reinstalled it, the app doesn't show up in the manage application screen.
Not sure if you can get past this or not

It seems Amazon is barring the app based on its name, so someone has recompiled it with a different name - Firestopper - which appears to bypass the issue for the time being.

http://www.yourkodi.com/how-to-install-firestopper-for-fire-tv/

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Should have said device, bloody auto correct

After reading posts from people who obviously know more than I do on this 'Kodi' stuff, but are having problems, a question to you 'Swillis'

As a total ignoramus on all of this stuff:
Is it worth it or will it feck up my computer/my windows/her indoors/ the next door neighbours windows / or am I being a dinosaur :moo:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION]

I was reading about something called Roya tv which is a kodi based subscription service. They offer a trial for £2 for 24hrs so I thought I'd try it out. It is bloody amazing! Flawless streaming in full HD from channels all over the world. Think premier league pass but 50 times better, it's that good. My question is they are obviously streaming this stuff from somewhere, is there anyway to find it because I've never seen anything like this since I've been using kodi and is it legal to pay someone for services like this or am I likely to get into trouble?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
After reading posts from people who obviously know more than I do on this 'Kodi' stuff, but are having problems, a question to you 'Swillis'

As a total ignoramus on all of this stuff:
Is it worth it or will it feck up my computer/my windows/her indoors/ the next door neighbours windows / or am I being a dinosaur :moo:

It's really not that difficult. You do get less trouble with kodi on android devices but it run perfectly well on computers. Also there is no way it will mess up/slow down your computer.
Once you have put it on, drop me a PM and I will take you through it step by step.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Has anyone tried this "firestopper" ?
Tried the page in Es explorer and no file there?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION]

I was reading about something called Roya tv which is a kodi based subscription service. They offer a trial for £2 for 24hrs so I thought I'd try it out. It is bloody amazing! Flawless streaming in full HD from channels all over the world. Think premier league pass but 50 times better, it's that good. My question is they are obviously streaming this stuff from somewhere, is there anyway to find it because I've never seen anything like this since I've been using kodi and is it legal to pay someone for services like this or am I likely to get into trouble?

I think you they are using their own servers and the sources are basically pointed towards that. In much the same way that we get access to NSC unless bozza banned us. I have heard of roya but it defeats the object for me.
If I was going to pay a subscription I would most certainly get an zgemma box and getba subscription for sky/virgin in HD etc

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I think you they are using their own servers and the sources are basically pointed towards that. In much the same way that we get access to NSC unless bozza banned us. I have heard of roya but it defeats the object for me.
If I was going to pay a subscription I would most certainly get an zgemma box and getba subscription for sky/virgin in HD etc

As I told you in the PM ...Zgemma is fantastic....

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It's really not that difficult. You do get less trouble with kodi on android devices but it run perfectly well on computers. Also there is no way it will mess up/slow down your computer.
Once you have put it on, drop me a PM and I will take you through it step by step.

I've changed my mind - feck off and die you c##t nighty night:moo:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Just invested in an Amazon Fire stick and am pondering if to install Kodi. Just wondering if I should go down the VPN route as mentioned on various websites? If so any recommendations as to a good way to go down this route?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just invested in an Amazon Fire stick and am pondering if to install Kodi. Just wondering if I should go down the VPN route as mentioned on various websites? If so any recommendations as to a good way to go down this route?

Who you asking?
Swillis is a Palarce **** so don't waste your time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here