Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I think we'll know a lot more this time next week. But we already know one thing for sure, and it's pretty brutal: If we don't go up and Huddersfield do, it's because in the end they deserved to and we didn't. If we don't go up it's because we blew it (given our points cushion). Same applies to Newcastle. Nowhere to hide if either us or Newcastle don't go up.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think we'll know a lot more this time next week. But we already know one thing for sure, and it's pretty brutal: If we don't go up and Huddersfield do, it's because in the end they deserved to and we didn't. If we don't go up it's because we blew it (given our points cushion). Same applies to Newcastle. Nowhere to hide if either us or Newcastle don't go up.

All these harsh truths are getting me down, has anyone got any sweet little lies?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
All these harsh truths are getting me down, has anyone got any sweet little lies?

FWIW I think the auto teams are going to be Huddersfield and us. But I also admit there are good reasons why I'm not employed in the worlds of football or betting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am sure we'll find plenty to whinge about if we don't go up

Didn't go for it in the January window
A cheating ref sent off a Brighton player incorrectly (probably Dunk) in a must win game we would have won allegedly.
If only Knockaert hadn't got injured
The ref cheated us
The refs favoured Newcastle and Huddersfield on the last day of the season as we blew out on goal difference
Etc etc etc

We will NOT take it well if we fail to go up :smile:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
An encouraging truth: Just seen that Sporting Index have the spread for Huddersfield's points at 84-85.5. Seems like a good buy at 85.5 to me, but perhaps indicates that realistically - i.e. when you take out the natural pessimism of the average fan - 89-90 points probably will be enough.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This has just depressed me

Apologies :down:

I just always seem to come away from these games...damaged. And Saturday has 'one of those games' feel to it at the moment. I need to give my head a wobble.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Huddersfield haven't won 7 games in a row since 1982
Think they'll break this record this weekend.
Good luck to them.
If we beat reading and Newcastle then Huddersfield will be looking at overtaking Newcastle.
I'd be more than happy with that

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

A cheating ref sent off a Brighton player incorrectly (probably Dunk) in a must win game we would have won allegedly.
The ref cheated us
The refs favoured Newcastle and Huddersfield on the last day of the season as we blew out on goal difference
Etc etc etc

You don't need to be making them up, we have plenty already.

- Baldock sending off v toon
- Stephens saga through reading, toon and brentford
- Cardiff disallowed goal when an identical goal was scored the very same day and stood
- Kayal and Baldock injuries
- Not switching formations away when without Stephens and a point will do
- And yes, where was our 10m pound man in January

NB. these are not all my opinions, just some that have been knocking around.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Huddersfield haven't won 7 games in a row since 1982
Think they'll break this record this weekend.
Good luck to them.
If we beat reading and Newcastle then Huddersfield will be looking at overtaking Newcastle.
I'd be more than happy with that

Bit less of good luck to them

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still think Hudds won't win against Barnsley and we'll get a nice boost before the Reading game and everyone will be extra buzzing....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Look pussies

View attachment 82411

Column 1 Teams we always do well against. Teams to play this season 4 from 5.
Column 2 Teams we always do badly against. Teams to play 0 from 5

Wins needed 7 plus a few draws for promotion - relevance very low, we are going up as champions!

These stats mean absolutely nothing to me TBH. How we performed against Brum in 1991 is not going to have any impact whatsoever on our result in 2017...!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

The ref cheated us
Etc etc etc

I'll take the first one definitely

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
An encouraging truth: Just seen that Sporting Index have the spread for Huddersfield's points at 84-85.5. Seems like a good buy at 85.5 to me, but perhaps indicates that realistically - i.e. when you take out the natural pessimism of the average fan - 89-90 points probably will be enough.
Good stats. Where do they have us and Toon...?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gotta give Hudds credit - they've been on a phenomenal run. I still think their bubble will burst though!!

We missed our own chance to do anything about it so all we can do is keep winning our games. And that, fortunately, will be enough.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
God you lot have got me looking at the fixture list. April 1st looks like one humongous banana skin. Us, toons and Hudds all at home to teams in the bottom 5. Could be an interesting accumulator in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here