Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Officials- What a joke.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Didn't think they were that bad yesterday.

Greer's challenge was stupid and gave the ref the opportunity to give a second yellow. If it was the other way round we would have been giving the ref grief to send the player off.

The incident just gave people a chance to shout and get emotional about something because lets face it watching our style of play at the moment is like watching paint dry.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
it was a difficult game to referee, with 2 teams needing the points and one i, webb or collina would not have done better.

my point from the start is we can not blame the guy for losing 2 points today, we should be looking at other areas.[/QUOTE]

Sorry old chap but in no way was that a difficult game for a professional to referee ,and if it was then he should not be choosing that as his choice of career, but thats my opinion and of course I am not a referee.Respect your opinion but certainly dont agree with it .

C

CT1

Wannabe ref.:facepalm:

Not a wana be ref at all mate. I'm not even saying the ref got Greer's second yellow correct, I'm just saying, why give the referee that dilemma? And my comment about accordance with the laws of the game, I make that point in response to all those fans that moaned when March played the ball twice. You don't need to be a referee, nor want to be one, to know that rule.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not a wana be ref at all mate. I'm not even saying the ref got Greer's second yellow correct, I'm just saying, why give the referee that dilemma? And my comment about accordance with the laws of the game, I make that point in response to all those fans that moaned when March played the ball twice. You don't need to be a referee, nor want to be one, to know that rule.

Wannabe ref was about you sucking up to the ref who posted on here.
Please point out who seems to be confused about the March corner decision.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
well i am.
believe it or not there is a clue in the username.

i look at the game from a referee's point of view, without going to a game as a bhafc supporter expecting every decision to go to my chosen team.

it is a bloody hard job, i have been doing it 13 years and is a thankless task.

today, he got the big decisions correct and did not affect the result of the game.

if you are looking for a scapegoat try our captain, but we cant criticise our own.

contact me, i will point you in the direction of a course.

you too like me can train 5 days a week
do 4 games a week
travel to rye for £30 on a Tuesday night
attend 6 meeting a month
pass yearly fitness test, 12600 meters in 12 minutes
mentor schemes and assessments

it would give you far more of an idea about refereeing and change your opinion about football

I would say i am a fair better judge on a referee's performance, than your regular supporter who watches 90 minutes - 23 times a season after a few beers in my belly

Are you serious, 12, 600 metres in 12 minutes. You must then sir enter the next Olympic 10,000 meters as you would smash the current world record!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He does train 5 days a week and do 4 games a week, got to be superhuman. :D

You'd have to be - the 10,000m world record is 26:17:53, so 2600m further in 14 minutes fewer is some bloody going!

C

CT1

Wannabe ref was about you sucking up to the ref who posted on here.
Please point out who seems to be confused about the March corner decision.

How does agreeing with his point of view make me want to be a ref? And how can I point you to all the fans moaning about the March corner decision, we are no longer in a stadium full of outraged fans. Sorry I don't know their names and their addresses.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How does agreeing with his point of view make me want to be a ref? And how can I point you to all the fans moaning about the March corner decision, we are no longer in a stadium full of outraged fans. Sorry I don't know their names and their addresses.

:shutup: and go to bed

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To be fair for the March decision, most at the time probably had no idea about the "2 touch" corner rule so the reaction was understandable.

Certainly was that around me anyway, until someone near said why the ref blew the whistle and it was all fine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Err, he was just about to race away from Greer and Upson to have a one-on-one with the keeper. How is that not a goal-scoring opportunity? Greer knew what he was doing with a professional foul but the ref gave him the benefit of the doubt.

So there's only one person to blame with the blatant body check to get him sent off.

I do think their one in the first half was a red too, strictly by the laws of the game but at least the ref was consistent. Unfortunately the Reading player wasn't stupid enough to commit another bookable offence.

If you want to see some ridiculous ref decisions look at Match of the Day. Fonte's booking against Palace, the Chelsea penalty and sending off for example.

The rule is CLEAR goal scoring opportunity which neither were. As for the second one if that's a yellow there would be a lot more red cards in football. Errrrr to u too.

shangambling1

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton
Totally agree with you mate, an utter shambles again. Yes it is so easy to blame others but Brighton were not poor? there is no need to unsec blame excuse Brightons performance as they were doing fine, untill, in my opinion Greer was wrongley sent off. 2 Fouls 2 yellows. No warnings. Linesman on WSL side was awful 5 clear onsides for both teams given as offside. didnt use his flag at all, all round poor. What annoys me is we pay our money to go and enjoy watch football. It gets spoiled and is frustrating when unfairly teams get decisions against them.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Ref gave out unnecessary cards all over the place, linesmen made numerous incorrect offside decisions and why oh why was there 6 minutes injury time? Where do they get these officials from and how are they officiating in the Championship? Disgrace.

The ref's biggest error was the complete lack of control over the match. He showed a shocking lack of consistency over fouls, diving, etc. Blowing sometimes, cards sometimes and playing on (when there was virtually no advantage to be had) sometimes. Shame, but demonstrates that he shouldn't be officiating at this level.

The linesman down the west side had the real shocker. At least twice he called it wrong when it occurred within 5 feet of him! The real lino was taken ill and they got the bus driver to replace him!

The other lino actually seemed, from our vantage, to have had a reasonable game. I guess 1 out of 3 is better than nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here