Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toko

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It does seem a bit strange but Toko was both at the Xmas kiddies party and at Fulham unlike the rest of the DS squad which to me implies that he is viewed as more than a DS player and on the fringe of the first team squad. There is something more to this but it does imply that the club still see him as part of the first team squad.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Could just be the impact of Sami-coaching and the recovery from that. As i said on another thread, let's not judge anyone on the strength of how they performed under Sami. If Toko goes out on loan and still doesn't perform, or stays with us and has done nothing by Easter then perhaps we can begin to wonder.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is this was a bloke that we were chasing. Sorry Burke was chasing for AGES. I thought he had a rep as a tough tacking midfielder and yet the OP says he was pushed off the ball easily in an U21 match.

I also believe that he was NOT an Oscar signing.

So if there was anyone questioning why Burke had to go this is reason number 9999

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Thing is this was a bloke that we were chasing. Sorry Burke was chasing for AGES. I thought he had a rep as a tough tacking midfielder and yet the OP says he was pushed off the ball easily in an U21 match.

I also believe that he was NOT an Oscar signing.

So if there was anyone questioning why Burke had to go this is reason number 9999

I can only assume that he was playing well within himself for the U 21 and deliberately ' not putting himself about ' I watched film of him after he joined us and to say he was tigerish in the tackle was an understatement!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
From the highlight video on NSC when we first bought him he looked like a ready made Bridcutt replacement, flying into well won tackles in a DM position ??? Curious.

Does this not say something about highlights videos? This is not a dig at you, as I'm similarly implicated, as I thought he was terrier-like in the tackle on the basis of that video, and accepted the Bridcutt replacement narrative.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It does seem a bit strange but Toko was both at the Xmas kiddies party and at Fulham unlike the rest of the DS squad which to me implies that he is viewed as more than a DS player and on the fringe of the first team squad. There is something more to this but it does imply that the club still see him as part of the first team squad.

at 23 and with 140+ competitive games behind him, he was never brought in for development squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With the likes of JFC, Crofts, Gardner and Stephens out I would have thought one of Hughton's top priorities is to assess whether Toko is worth his place in the squad, or perhaps better?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's the fact that Naylor reports that Spartak Moscow, Augsburg (6th in the Bundesliga) and Hannover (8th in the Bundesliga) among others all made moves to sign him that leads me to believe there MUST be something to him as a footballer, and is part of the reason why I find his complete lack of game-time so mystifying. Those clubs are all far higher up the food chain than we are in terms of the quality of player they can attract.

Indeed. A loan now would be in everyone's interest I think.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Take Paddy McCourt for instance...

And weren't plenty drooling over the video of Spanish Dave 2/Rodney/Rodriguez last January and look how that panned out. Even a mediocre player will have had some good moments in their career and some clever editing can make them look like the next Pele/Cruyff/Bale/Messi etc

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
And weren't plenty drooling over the video of Spanish Dave 2/Rodney/Rodriguez last January and look how that panned out. Even a mediocre player will have had some good moments in their career and some clever editing can make them look like the next Pele/Cruyff/Bale/Messi etc

Lesson learnt indeed...still enjoy watching them though :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here