Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James MacArthur

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
For 2 million quid as quoted that would be a steal, If fully fit would sit alongside Stephens very nicely

My first reaction was feck off, but actually 2million is not bad Buisness and would enable to add someone else in the same position, so it's a yes from me as back up not a main player unless he proves himself worthy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Jimmy Mac made an instant impact after signing for Wigan and had an excellent first two years with the club. In that time I'd say he was probably one of our best players. Unfortunately he sustained ligament damage last season and hasn't been the same player since his return. If he could return to his form of 2015, he'd be a massive upgrade on your current midfielders. He's a solid box to box midfielder; he can tackle, he can carry the ball and he'll chip in with the odd goal as well.

Hardly a selling point TBH :shootself

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I saw him last season against Saints at Selhurst and I thought he was the best player on the pitch. He won every tackle and was always positive with his passing. I would sign him.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I'd doubt he can play every game of a season these days but he is a cracking player.

I'd be gutted if we sell him and, assuming you don't expect him to play every game, he'd be a quality addition to a premier league squad.

He's one of those players who rarely makes the headlines but can be absolutely relied on to perform well if he's fit. He's turned plenty of games for us, whether it be him going off injured and us imploding, or him coming on and stabilising our midfield.

Please don't buy him.

At £2m he'd be well worth it and, personally, Id be gutted if you bought him for so little money.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Once we had him de-loused he could be a useful signing at that price. The idea these Palace ***** want to spread that he is better than our midfield though makes me want to puke. Stephens and Kayal if he's fit will both hold their own at this level. We may and probably will have problems staying up, but not everyone we have is shit. Can't someone just ban the mugs?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'd doubt he can play every game of a season these days but he is a cracking player.

I'd be gutted if we sell him and, assuming you don't expect him to play every game, he'd be a quality addition to a premier league squad.

He's one of those players who rarely makes the headlines but can be absolutely relied on to perform well if he's fit. He's turned plenty of games for us, whether it be him going off injured and us imploding, or him coming on and stabilising our midfield.

Please don't buy him.

At £2m he'd be well worth it and, personally, Id be gutted if you bought him for so little money.

Hang on.....

Somethings not right here....

Why are you lot being nice, and recommending him adding he is value for money.....

This is either what the Premier League does to fierce rivals or a feckin wind up....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Jimmy Mac made an instant impact after signing for Wigan and had an excellent first two years with the club. In that time I'd say he was probably one of our best players. Unfortunately he sustained ligament damage last season and hasn't been the same player since his return. If he could return to his form of 2015, he'd be a massive upgrade on your current midfielders. He's a solid box to box midfielder; he can tackle, he can carry the ball and he'll chip in with the odd goal as well.

Another failed medical then.

We could do with finding a midfielder who could pass one.

[emoji38]ol:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Hang on.....

Somethings not right here....

Why are you lot being nice, and recommending him adding he is value for money.....

This is either what the Premier League does to fierce rivals or a feckin wind up....

It's neither. As I said I'd be gutted if he left; even more gutted if he left to join your lot for only £2m.

He's one of those players who just does his job well and without fanfare. One of those players who, those who watch him week in, week out, really appreciate yet the media ignore because he's not famous or fashionable.

If we are selling him, I'd rather he went to any other premier team than you lot.

Does that answer your conundrum?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He's one of those players who just does his job well and without fanfare.
So what's he not doing so well since his injury then? Or is that being overstated?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn't it McArthur who let the cat out of the bag over it being a Palace employee who shat all over the dressing room floor ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here