Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Dr Who

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
When the first doctor regenerated, I'm fairly sure it was said Time Lords could only regenerate 12 times.
It's time this series came to a close. I stopped watching when Colin Baker started.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When the first doctor regenerated, I'm fairly sure it was said Time Lords could only regenerate 12 times.

They can, but Matt Smith's Doctor was given a whole new regeneration cycle, as was The Master in the "classic" era.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's time this series came to a close. I stopped watching when Colin Baker started.

Colin baker was genius!

Edited as I had written complete bollox

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A good choice - she's a decent actor and a little fanicable. Peter C was shit and I stopped watching .... I'll be tuning in again now.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
They can, but Matt Smith's Doctor was given a whole new regeneration cycle, as was The Master in the "classic" era.

the master stole it from the Keeper of Tracken,,, God I'm showing my age and that I'm a nerd. He killed to be able to regenereate

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was never that keen on Capaldi so have no problem with JW in the role, she was excellent in Broadchurch although I'm hoping she doesn't try that Dorset accent in the new role.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The formula for sci fi is Harrison Ford type hero and Princess Leia to perve over. The reason is quite simple. Only blokes watch it.

Blokes should never get involved in Clothing discussions, conversations about eye brows, Clarins and Love island. In contrast, the only interest most women should have in Doctor Who is 'Has it finished yet' so some of the feminist tubthumping I'm reading on twitter is bizarre given that a sonic screwdriver is most likely to be identified as a cocktail by most of them.

That all said, I've given up with the latest series and so have the kids. Clearly, im not alone. I might be wrong but my money is on this being a terrible idea.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The formula for sci fi is Harrison Ford type hero and Princess Leia to perve over. The reason is quite simple. Only blokes watch it.

Blokes should never get involved in Clothing discussions, conversations about eye brows, Clarins and Love island. In contrast, the only interest most women should have in Doctor Who is 'Has it finished yet' so some of the feminist tubthumping I'm reading on twitter is bizarre given that a sonic screwdriver is most likely to be identified as a cocktail by most of them.

That all said, I've given up with the latest series and so have the kids. Clearly, im not alone. I might be wrong but my money is on this being a terrible idea.

MRs T says '**** off you misrable sexist ****' :rock:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mrs T says.....

Actually you get the message.

We are Dr Who fans in the Tackle houshold, and look forward to the next series with anticipation which, let's face it, is the best way to look forward to anything.

Pump3ster

Dec 15, 2014
If you think that having a woman in the blue box is a bad idea and you don't watch the show anyway, do you really need to express your annoyance, it's no skin off your nose.

This choice for the lead role just confirms that the show is reinventing itself, not many shows get the chance to do that and I imagine it will only get more viewers now, not less.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Some of the comments on this thread are shameful. This is North Stand Chat not Owls Talk,

I'm sure she'll be a brilliant Doctor.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Opening line for the first episode:

Cyberman: Ah, Doctor. What the fvck's happened to the side of the Tardis?

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Is the last season couldn't get any better, along comes the next DR and she is from Huddersfiled!!!!
( well a small village in Kirklees which is basically Huddersfield)

So the new DR is from Huddersfield
The captain of the enterprise is from Huddersfield
Town are in the premier
The giants are crap!

...Joe Root and bairstow are both from Huddersfield.

Magnificent Yorkshire scenes.

( one of the statements above is actually wrong)

Don't forget the tour de Yorkshire and the Brownlee's!:bigwave:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Great choice. Looking forward to it.

Hey now, careful with your positive opinions, this is NSC you know.

Get back to spouting knee jerk nonsense about political correctness, the BBC and the new liberal take over.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here