Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team v Leeds

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How was he at fault for the 3rd?
It was Ince who let Novak turn and score.

Novak was his player to mark. He was in his area of the pitch and Dunk should have been closer not standing off two yards back marking an empty space. He had time in the build up to see where he was but whether it was lack of focus or tiredness he stood back.
It's his concentration that is a little worrying for me. For the first he played Donaldson onside when everyone else had moved out and for their second he could and should have done much better in allowing Thomas to turn and get his shot in.
I'm not having a knock. He is a talent and a prospect and he makes more good decisions than not but he won't realise his potential if he continues to make the mistakes he does. On Saturday he had a stinker!
What highlighted it for me was that yet again everyone wanted to get on Greer's case which was just wrong! Where Greer may be at fault in my view is that because he has been struggling for form himself he has stopped pushing Dunk to stay concentrated. He noticeably doesn't talk as much as he did when we were winning and as a result Dunk is lacking the guidance/leadership he still needs.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Novak was his player to mark. He was in his area of the pitch and Dunk should have been closer not standing off two yards back marking an empty space. He had time in the build up to see where he was but whether it was lack of focus or tiredness he stood back.
Are you serious?
I suggest you look at the highlights then and see where Novak ran from when the ball was played, and who ran with him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Are you serious?
I suggest you look at the highlights then and see where Novak ran from when the ball was played, and who ran with him.

Did that. Still maintain that as with the first two goals he was slow to see what was happening and was out of position as a result. Too deep. Back on his heels. Stepped to his left (outside the line of the goal) allowing room for the shot ithrough the space he left. Had he been closer, no goal. Had he stepped forward or even maintained his position instead of moving away from the goal, they don't score. Bad defending.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Did that. Still maintain that as with the first two goals he was slow to see what was happening and was out of position as a result. Too deep. Back on his heels. Stepped to his left (outside the line of the goal) allowing room for the shot ithrough the space he left. Had he been closer, no goal. Had he stepped forward or even maintained his position instead of moving away from the goal, they don't score. Bad defending.

Oh well, we'll have to differ on that one.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I would imagine that it's a bolt on certainty that we will see our new chap Ledesma tomorrow at some point.
Difficult to drop either Calde or Baldock after Saturday though so I guess Des will have to settle for a place on the bench initially.

I'd think that Tex and Kayal were subbed on Saturday with Hughton looking ahead to Leeds.

It's an unchanged team I reckon.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
COG in for Best; Hughes or Halford (if fit) in for Greer; if Halford fit, then him or Hughes at RB in place of Bruno.

That should be a good bet for a victory with a strong bench if needed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It will be unchanged.
Hughton likes a settled team especially after a win.
Expect same subs bench too.

(Halford still injured, March now out for a month or more.)

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
would like to see Baldcock start as the no9
with KLL or (I know not for some ) JFC starting on the left
if tex tires cog on for sub as alternative no 10

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the defence was reluctant to give away another penalty.

I thought Holla played well enough recently to be in the squad.

I can't see both Tex and Lualua starting.

I would not be surprised if there is just on change in the starting XI. Most likely inclusion is Dale Stephens?

Who is going to take the highly possible free kicks? It is dirty Leeds afterall. Very few fouls in their last match at 'Boro though. Reports say Leeds counter-attacked quickly.

Calderon has playing well but not as full back.

Bruno is definite starter for me as well as Ince and now Stockdale.

I prefer Baldock slightly wide on the right. Effective there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see ol Malky gets a visit from his old club this evening ....Fulham Rotherham and Bolton have tough away games...three points tonight would be lovely...but i can see it being a draw

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hughes for Bruno
Lua Lua for Calderon

Controversial I know....

I can see the logic of Hughes but think Ledesma is more likely than Lua Lua to replace Calderon unless they move Baldock to the right. I dont think he will drop Calderon after scoring 2 goals on Saturday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think our best team is:

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett
Holla Ince Stephens
March Lualua
???

but in view of current form and injuries, I would tend to play

Stockdale