Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand judgement

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Suggestion for that "Brighton and Hove Albion, Oh we love you" chant... Brighton and Hove Albion crammed in like that doesn't really work and isn't picked up easily by those who don't know it. I think if it was sung "When I was young, how I loved you, the Sussex boys, in white & blue" it would catch on better.
'The Albion'.

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
For f**k sake mate stop moaning! This subject is getting so boring! How dare a group of our fans try and create an atmosphere?! People can sing what they want, who are you to say what they can or can't sing? Love to hear any ideas for good songs from you, if not what's the point of your thread?

Absolute agree here im part of the pbc with the judge i dont get why people slag us off we want to create better atmosphere at the amex what the **** is wrong with that...i better then sitting there with ypur tea and pie moaning all the time...maybe get off ur arses n join in and get behind the team...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oi ...some of us shout up there to ya know

Brenda once threw her knickers at Bruno after she'd had a few sherrys before the game. How dare they describe the Zimmer Crew in such a disparaging way.

They're asking for a good talking to.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Twenty minutes listening to the police box crew singing complete bollocks AGAIN was enough to send me back up to the mosh pit:ohmy: of the East Upper.

Are these fellas drugged up/pissed up or just deluded:moo:

Are you sure the rubbish being played out on the pitch was not influencing your mood? You might have had a different view if you'd started EU then spent the last 20 in the North.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Absolute agree here im part of the pbc with the judge i dont get why people slag us off we want to create better atmosphere at the amex what the **** is wrong with that...i better then sitting there with ypur tea and pie moaning all the time...maybe get off ur arses n join in and get behind the team...

You have asked some questions here that deserve an honest reply.

Your little group seems to have your own songs that TBH i haven't heard of before this season.

Maybe if you sang some old/traditional Albion songs you may get others to join in.

From the WSU it does sound like less than 20 of you are singing a song that no one else seems to know. Well this seemed to be the case in the first half against Reading.

And what on earth is that Yankee Doodle song about, did one of you lot make this up?
Do you honestly expect people to join in with that?

No disrespect to you singing , but maybe trying to sing 3 or 4 new songs in a row doesn't work.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Happy to be corrected but there isn't a great deal of evidence of a 'bitter division' between the North Stand regulars. However, there does seem to be a lot of evidence of the following:

1. A number of separate groups in the North Stand who can't hear each other singing.
2. A number of separate groups in the North Stand who would love to be co-located and to be able to sing as one.
3. A number of people who sit near, or overlook, the North Stand who seem undying in their ability to question, criticise, undermine, ridicule and put down some of the people who are making a noise.
4. A number of people who sit in silence a long way from the North Stand who criticise the North Stand for not making a better atmosphere.

Groups 1 and 2 are engaging with the club and trying to find a way forward.
Groups 3 and 4 could try a little harder to be supportive and make some noise of their own. It's a pity there's little evidence of either of those at the moment.

Maybe when the club engagement bears fruit things will get better. I hope so.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Likewise how about your "crew" joining in with the other songs that are sung, or is it a condition of membership that your only allowed to sing songs that you started?

And that is the problem and will not be solved easily. It seems to a lot of people that this group has its own agenda and will happily sing all match, but the songs that they want to sing and are reluctant to join in with any other song started in the north. The club can have all the meetings they want with the fans, they can have unreserved seating, but this group will still sit together and sing their songs. Maybe I am wrong, but all I hear in the north is them singing most of the match and people not joining in with them, is it down to not knowing the songs or just not wanting to sing them

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

No wonder nobody joins in with the Judge and his PBC.
If your songs have no commas's or full stops,as per your post, then how the f*** can they follow it, or even breathe?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Happy to be corrected but there isn't a great deal of evidence of a 'bitter division' between the North Stand regulars. However, there does seem to be a lot of evidence of the following:

1. A number of separate groups in the North Stand who can't hear each other singing.
2. A number of separate groups in the North Stand who would love to be co-located and to be able to sing as one.
3. A number of people who sit near, or overlook, the North Stand who seem undying in their ability to question, criticise, undermine, ridicule and put down some of the people who are making a noise.
4. A number of people who sit in silence a long way from the North Stand who criticise the North Stand for not making a better atmosphere.

Groups 3 and 4 could try a little harder to be supportive and make some noise of their own. It's a pity there's little evidence of either of those at the moment.

Dan, I seem to be in group 3, you are correct in your comments about group 3 but to save me trying to explain again try reading post #147.

Other people that I go to the match with ( not members of this forum) also haven't got a clue what is being sung.

In the second half of the Reading match everyone around me in the WSU was chanting ' come on Brighton '
Correct me if I'm wrong but im sure this chant wasn't started by the fans under the police box.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And that is the problem and will not be solved easily. It seems to a lot of people that this group has its own agenda and will happily sing all match, but the songs that they want to sing and are reluctant to join in with any other song started in the north. The club can have all the meetings they want with the fans, they can have unreserved seating, but this group will still sit together and sing their songs. Maybe I am wrong, but all I hear in the north is them singing most of the match and people not joining in with them, is it down to not knowing the songs or just not wanting to sing them

The answers are all here [MENTION=27804]Dan Aitch[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28222]gazfoster[/MENTION]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I have defended the Police Box lot in the past as it's certainly true that at times you are the only people in the whole ground making a noise and the team and club really do need support during games. Yes the "I'm a better fan" nonsense is annoying especially from non-singers but there's a few of the NSK that indulge in that too.

However you are not the only people in the ground who make a noise full stop. I sit in the WSU at the back of G block and there are pockets of singers all round there, mainly old Goldstone North Stand types. It's the old simple songs. My son loves them and one of the advantages of them are they are very simple to learn and repeat. At no point do you get threads on here or posts on twitter from people in the WSU slating each other, yet I can't hear the Southern end of that stand and the next nearby noisy group to us sometimes start a different (old) song at the same time we do. Only the Police Box lot come in for stick. Why IS that?

Basically certain people need to accept we're not Palace or St Pauli, we're Brighton. When that happens the atmosphere will improve for everyone.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
FFS!!!! Sitting on a coach going up to FULHAM and that JUDGE chap is sitting right behind me singing "Yankee doodle dandy " relentlessly for the last 30 mins, it's gonna be a long journey :facepalm:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I sit in the North stand albeit on the far side on the East side and whilst i can hear the middle of the north sing, i cant hear the NSK/PBC, it just a muffled noise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here