Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not getting all this take the money stuff. We have 21 in the squad and have not replaced those that have already left without adding to that. Who has any faith that the money would be used to invest in the team before the window closes. Not me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've been strongly against selling him as a game changer on his day but really has gone downhill - if we have better options lined up 2.5 is good business. Although remember we paid 1mil originally...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You do realise we'll probably take the money and replace him with March don't you?

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'll say the same thing about Buckley as I said about Ulloa. If the price is right and the cash will be invested in replacement players, then sell. Buckley has been a shadow of his first season for the last 18 months, a combination of hamstrings, form and confidence have left him surplus to our current requirements. If £2.5m is a serious offer, it constitutes good profit on a current substitute. However, the club needs to get their skates on to recruit quality replacements
At this level you need a minimum of 30 games a season from a player(barring serious injury), and I don't think Buckley can deliver, just as I don't think Orlandi would have either

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wouldn't surprise me to see players having "For Sale" signs on the back of there shirts instead of numbers at this rate !
What is happening to my club ??

We're sticking to the principles of FFP , savings have to be made here there and everywhere within the club.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I'd bite their arm off at that price but only if we spend the fee on reinforcements
Just like we have done with the millions we got for Ulloa . . . not yet we haven't. We got the money in the bank so we should have targets. If the targets are from the PL we should bring in someone when the Pl teams name their squads. If they are not PL the targets should be in now. Don't get rid of Buckley unless a better replacement is signed.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Sell this time if it's true especially for £2.5mill. Way too injury prone.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I dread to think who his replacement would be. As you can tell, I'm pretty confident with our recruitment policy of late!

2.5m is a great offer though.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Remember when Bridcutt played the "my head is not in the right place" card ? Buckley has been doing this for months.

Two choices let him rot in the reserves and everyone says Sami is a fool.

Sell him and everyone blames Barber and Burke and FFP.

I hope we rebuild now and people give Sami some time.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
For what little it's worth I just read this on twitter. Probably not reliable in the slightest but still...

[MENTION=10185]Dave[/MENTION]JAllen87: Hearing #BHAFC winger Will Buckley is enjoying a meal at Asiana tonight ahead of sighing a contract tomorrow with #safc - few sources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here