Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tomasz Kuszczak close to return to the Premier League"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's not the best keeper in the Championship. Frankly I'd be amazed if a Premier league club took him on.

I'm in this camp. He's one of three or four outstanding Championship keepers and one of the best I've ever seen play for us, but how many Premier League keepers can you honestly say are noticeably worse than the PIG? Not many. So the only way he gets to play regularly in the Premier League is if another Premier League keeper moves abroad. And if he does that, we'll be in the running for another out-of-contract top quality Championship keeper I should think.

Keeper is the position I'm least worried about, we only have a problem if the club don't get is replacement right, but I trust them to do so.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
but how many Premier League keepers can you honestly say are noticeably worse than the PIG?.

olivier-giroud-artur-boruc-goal-vs-southampton.gif

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The all have their moments. I don't need to show you a gif of Kusczak at Birmngham last season in the last ruddy minute do I?

I was being kind, that was one of Boruc's better performances.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
And yet he is Poland's second choice keeper, with Kusczak third. He is also not first choice at his club in any case, Gazzaniga is.

Think that then backs up the point that poor old TK isn't Prem material. :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't think his distribution has got worse. It is just under Poyet he was pretty much banned from knocking it long. This approach perhaps covered up any distribution problems he had.

Not the best 'keeper in the Championship like some suggest. But the best we have had for a long time.

Maybe if he leaves we can sort out a season long loan for an up and coming 'keeper from the Premier League.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Exactly what I was saying last week. He'll be off to the Prem. He's too good for the Championship.

We won't find a player of the same caliber without spending serious money. The only goalkeeper in our league I'd take over him is Bogdan.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Exactly what I was saying last week. He'll be off to the Prem. He's too good for the Championship.

We won't find a player of the same caliber without spending serious money. The only goalkeeper in our league I'd take over him is Bogdan.

Totally agree with that.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

No, no he's not.

Schmeichel, Green, McCarthy, Heaton, Gilks all on par or better than TK in my opinion. He's good at the level but vastly overrated by many on NSC and certainly not irreplaceable.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And yet he is Poland's second choice keeper, with Kusczak third. He is also not first choice at his club in any case, Gazzaniga is.

Southampton do have quite the collection of not-quite-up-to-it Premier League keepers, don't they?

Surely they can just magic a good one up from their youth academy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, no he's not.

Schmeichel, Green, McCarthy, Heaton, Gilks all on par or better than TK in my opinion. He's good at the level but vastly overrated by many on NSC and certainly not irreplaceable.

I don't particularly rate Heaton, & Gilks is on his way down.

Lee Camp seems to be Mr Consistent at this level. And I've always been a big fan of Ali Al Habsi.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Yes, he's good and certainly better than the two "back-up" keepers by a long way but I'm not sure he'd be a number one in the Premiership. He wasn't at Manure and it's interesting that no other premier teams took him on loan or appeared to be wanting to sign him when we did. He was much better last season and whilst I wouldn't want to see him go, he's not irreplaceable.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would prefer him to stay, but I feel we could get a keeper of similar (or better) ability for the same money we would need to offer Tommy K to convince him to reject Premier league offers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

With who? Who's getting benched for TK in the Prem then?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No, no he's not.

Well we disagree then. Would you honestly rather Schmeichel than PIG? He's better than Schmeichel, McCarthy, Heaton, and Gilks in my book. On par Bogdan, and not quite as good as Green.

We wouldn't replace him without spending mega bucks. He'll be off to the Premiership before long and those other names you mentioned (bar Green) won't be.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well we disagree then. Would you honestly rather Schmeichel than PIG? He's better than Schmeichel, McCarthy, Heaton, and Gilks in my book. On par Bogdan, and not quite as good as Green.

We wouldn't replace him without spending mega bucks. He'll be off to the Premiership before long and those other names you mentioned (bar Green) won't be.

Yup, no hesitation.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just find it quite funny you can compare T.K to one goalkeeper making one save, Ref's: But what they've needed to do, they've done? Are you saying T. K don't

Don't be silly. Of course I'm not basing that keeper's performance entirely on one save - it was merely an illustrative point.

And yes - I'm saying exactly that - that TK has not always done what you'd expect of him. [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] 's post lists a few goals against, this season that were eminently saveable. There are a good few others too. Sheff Wednesday last week for example. Not to mention his contribution to Blackburn's shambolic first, and getting beaten from a very narrow angle for their second...

Its all very frustrating, because when he is at his commanding best, like home to QPR, he is MAGNIFICENT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here