Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
14 signings Arry has made. 14.

Meanwhile, the striker he deemed crap, Clayton Donaldson, has scored almost as many goals for his new club in 2 games than Birmingham have all season.
Exactly. It's hilarious. [emoji38]

Redknapp is undoubtedly the jammiest tw4t in football though. Nobody in the media ever remembers his disaster at Southampton, his underwhelming stint at West Ham and you can be sure that this Birmingham shambles will be somebody else's fault too. I do hope they go down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Redknapp is undoubtedly the jammiest tw4t in football though. Nobody in the media ever remembers his disaster at Southampton, his underwhelming stint at West Ham and you can be sure that this Birmingham shambles will be somebody else's fault too. I do hope they go down.

Don't forget how the media let him get away with blaming Mark Hughes for the relegation at QPR, even though Hughes was sacked in October. No mention of the dross he brought in, including that £10m centre back who he just couldn't even get fit. He then stayed on with the strongest squad by a country mile in The Championship, and they limped home, via the play-offs in a Final that they were completely outplayed, and were only saved by Bobby, while 'Arry by his own admission was stood on the touchline thinking about playing golf next year rather than having another go at The Championship. That's it 'Arry don't stand there thinking tactics or motivation, openly tell the media you were thinking "meh, this is all too much like hard work" and the media for some reason do NOT destroy him for it.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

You can add Pompy to that list.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You can add Pompy to that list.
He won the cup at Pompey. Granted, he almost bankrupted the club by bringing in players like Sully Muntari at salaries that would have made Italian giants think twice, but they did win a cup. I think you'll find the fact that they then tumbled down the league into division 4 was NOT his fault. The media told me.

Is there any football fan anywhere who rates the bloke? He is quite clearly a clueless chancer.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
'Arry and his son are both a couple of muppets. Not sure why I felt the need to bring Jamie into it, but he just annoys me.

I've loved Stocko over the last couple of years, but IMO don't think he'd be good enough for the Premier League. Not sure why he left but I'm sure he's probably regretting it a bit now, but I don't think we miss him in our squad at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't forget how the media let him get away with blaming Mark Hughes for the relegation at QPR, even though Hughes was sacked in October. No mention of the dross he brought in, including that £10m centre back who he just couldn't even get fit. He then stayed on with the strongest squad by a country mile in The Championship, and they limped home, via the play-offs in a Final that they were completely outplayed, and were only saved by Bobby, while 'Arry by his own admission was stood on the touchline thinking about playing golf next year rather than having another go at The Championship. That's it 'Arry don't stand there thinking tactics or motivation, openly tell the media you were thinking "meh, this is all too much like hard work" and the media for some reason do NOT destroy him for it.

Christopher Samba? Mediocre performances and massive wages.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Off the top of my head, there is a load to laugh about where arry is concerned.

- Telling Roman Pavlyuchenko to 'Run about a bit' when he put him on as sub for Spurs
- van der Vaart explaining that the tactics board at Spurs was normally blank.
- The player bought by Redknapp who he never played but knew liked Horse racing. Bought him into the office most days for his opinion on the days racing.
- His in court defence of financial dealings by saying he couldn't read or write.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
'Arry would still have made a better England manager than that clown Hodgson
He really wouldn't. Although with hindsight I think I'd love to have seen him involved and trying to explain away a defeat to Iceland without his usual advantage of a £100m war chest the rest of the teams could only dream of.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's the fella. But don't forget, it was all Mark Hughes's fault.

In which case, he was £12.5m, as opposed to £10m, which makes it even worse! :wrong:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's a good keeper, very good at Championship level, but he's not "top class". DeGea, Oblak, Neuer, Buffon are top class. I'd say Cech, Lloris, Courtois etc are the ring below. Then you've got Butland, Heaton etc. I wouldn't say Stockdale would be in any of these three 'tiers. He's decent but if he were top class he wouldn't have been, and still be, knocking around the Championship for most of his career.

Fair comment..

I'm still living in my championship bubble, where I evaluate players based on those who would actually play for us.
He's better than Ryan. IMO

I

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Fair comment..

I'm still living in my championship bubble, where I evaluate players based on those who would actually play for us.

I

Early days for Ryan but judging on his performance against WBA I would say he is better than Stockdale.

The diving save in the first half is one that Stockdale may have struggled to make. His one on one save should his speed off the line and his distribution was good.

Yes he has had a couple of ricks - but his decision making and sheer agility seem excellent. The question marks maybe his handling - not worried about his supposed lack of height so much as his agility more than makes up

Time will tell but I think the whole have grown in confidence after Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Absolutely, it's so irritating this free ride he has from the media because he's a 'character'. He was a total and utter disaster at QPR and Southampton (very funny mind), ruined Portsmouth and then under achieved with Spurs. He would have been a disaster with England.

Not forgetting he committed the ultimate footballing crime as he left Pompey to go to Southampton and then BACK to Portsmouth in the most incredibly arrogant manner. Why the Skate fans ever accepted him back I will never know but I guess that says more about them.

Can't stand the bloke and thoroughly enjoying his latest failure.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Early days for Ryan but judging on his performance against WBA I would say he is better than Stockdale.

The diving save in the first half is one that Stockdale may have struggled to make. His one on one save should his speed off the line and his distribution was good.

Yes he has had a couple of ricks - but his decision making and sheer agility seem excellent. The question marks maybe his handling - not worried about his supposed lack of height so much as his agility more than makes up

Time will tell but I think the whole have grown in confidence after Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are talking about the two shots from Barry then yes Stockdale would have saved it. It was virtually hit straight at Him. Ryan palmed it away because it was hit with power

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If you are talking about the two shots from Barry then yes Stockdale would have saved it. It was virtually hit straight at Him. Ryan palmed it away because it was hit with power

The shot from Barry in the first half, he probably would have got. I am not sure he would have been as quick off his line to block Morrison late on (and I was a fan of Stockdale).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fair comment..

I

Far, far too early to say which of the two is better. Ryan has now played four league games (and has looked good in the last two) and Stockdale is hardly setting the world alight at Birmingham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here