Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Canada legalises recreational cannabis use.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are using a lazy stereotype to dismiss a wide range of people who smoke cannibis. It really has nothing to do with what they choose to smoke they are just people you find irritating.

You can't judge other people on this experience just because they share an enjoyment of cannabis.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Well, I can obviously only go on my own experience but adults who smoke pot all seem a bit lacking in one way or another.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It sounds like you're saying there are no health risks at all with cannabis itself, and I don't think that's correct.

Out of interest what do you think ARE the potential health risks if ingested. Remember people with underlying mental health problems will have them exacerbated by alcohol and even just modern living so don't rely on that one. Genuine question about what you think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Out of interest what do you think ARE the potential health risks if ingested.
My main concern would be long term mental health. Maybe there's very little risk, and that would be great. But I don't think we have a lot of data to show that there is not risk in the long term.

Remember people with underlying mental health problems will have them exacerbated by alcohol and even just modern living so don't rely on that one.
Well I'm not relying on anything, and underlying problems make it harder to know what the truth is.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
My main concern would be long term mental health. Maybe there's very little risk, and that would be great. But I don't think we have a lot of data to show that there is not risk in the long term.

Well I'm not relying on anything, and underlying problems make it harder to know what the truth is.

Therein lies the problem, it has always been on the wrong schedule. Mind you ole Queen Vic took it for period pains I believe. Teresa Mays husband has shares in G.W Pharma and her bank balance has a certain percentage in drug money. They export and we can't use it.

Thanks for your answer.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not sure. A glass of red a day is supposed to be good for your heart isn't it?

Because it's legal for them to be drinking beer, and they can grab it for a couple of pounds from the nearby off-license.

But surely they were alcoholics before homelessness? How many weed smokers end up homeless because of their habit?

Homeless Alcoholics look like they're on deaths doorstep, like heroin addicts. I've not seen any weed addicts in that state.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But surely they were alcoholics before homelessness?
No, of course not all homeless people were alcoholics.
How many weed smokers end up homeless because of their habit?
More people drink alcohol than have cannabis, so that alone is going to have an impact on the numbers. Also, just because alcohol can damage lives is not a great reason to legalise another drug just because it might not damage as many.

Homeless Alcoholics look like they're on deaths doorstep, like heroin addicts. I've not seen any weed addicts in that state.
I've already addressed that. Homeless people can get a couple of quid and buy some alcohol from the shop a few yards away. They can't do that with cannabis.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So if cannabis was legal, the homeless who are spending their last pennies on alcohol might buy weed instead?
I would imagine some would. If they can grab something easily and get high, and especially if it's cheaper than alcohol, then yes.

If so, isn't that more reason to legalise it?
Would the weed do them less harm than the alcohol? If so, then yes, why not?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
At the end of the day, people know there is a risk and they take that risk. A person has the right to act as they choose.

I read this before I saw your name and assumed it was another argument for legalisation. I exercised my right to act as I choose for many years and the law told me i was a criminal.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Canada have done the right thing and we should follow suit.

We won't thought because it doesn't play well with Theresa's May's Daily Mail-reading core supporters.

And that core support is part of the electorate that you also are a part of, and they are perfectly entitled to their views and beliefs. If you wish to see the legalisation of cannabis you best get a new government, and the only way that will happen is if the Tories screw up Brexit even more than they have so far!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well, I can obviously only go on my own experience but adults who smoke pot all seem a bit lacking in one way or another.

I know plenty who still like a toke and they are no more lacking than the rest of us. BUt like you say our experiences are different.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And that core support is part of the electorate that you also are a part of, and they are perfectly entitled to their views and beliefs. If you wish to see the legalisation of cannabis you best get a new government, and the only way that will happen is if the Tories screw up Brexit even more than they have so far!
Yep. Life's going to be so much better when the grey vote is populated by ageing twats like me. There's a massive disparity between sense and staying in power at the moment. Once old ravers are really old, the power will shift.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
What should a parent say? "Son, there's this drug that's relatively safe, millions enjoy using it regularly and it's used for marriage guidance in Switzerland. According the the government's chief drugs advisor it's around 20 times safer than going horseriding. Unfortunately because it's illegal it could be any strength and cut with any old shit."

You haven't been following my posts very well, if you need to ask what a parent should say. Definitely not your suggestion.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I read this before I saw your name and assumed it was another argument for legalisation. I exercised my right to act as I choose for many years and the law told me i was a criminal.

That is because it is a crime. The key to doing illegal things is to be very discrete about it and don't get caught. Due to the anti social nature of smoking weed, it is right that 94% of the population are given protection by the law from this activity.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yep. Life's going to be so much better when the grey vote is populated by ageing twats like me. There's a massive disparity between sense and staying in power at the moment. Once old ravers are really old, the power will shift.

But as people get older they tend to gravitate towards the Tories..........there are exceptions of course but as people get older they want to keep what is theirs and what they have worked for, will their be enough of a shift in future years to make a massive change to the UK political scene? I rather doubt it, unlucky Jeremy!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That is because it is a crime. The key to doing illegal things is to be very discrete about it and don't get caught. Due to the anti social nature of smoking weed, it is right that 94% of the population are given protection by the law from this activity.

This is an interesting question I think. I wonder how many of the 94% actually want protection from the activity?

Personally I would rather they used the diminishing police and justice budget for something that might actually be harmful to me. I consider policing cannabis to be a waste of my taxes.

Thankfully, globally we seem to be shifting in our attitudes to 'drugs' and how to deal with them

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
But as people get older they tend to gravitate towards the Tories..........there are exceptions of course but as people get older they want to keep what is theirs and what they have worked for, will their be enough of a shift in future years to make a massive change to the UK political scene? I rather doubt it, unlucky Jeremy!
Not where I live mate. [emoji23]

But yeah, I'm talking post Corbyn anyway. I think he's a prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here