Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £2m bid rejected by Sunderland for Paddy McNair

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he really wants Premier League football and ends up at Middlesbrough then he is as weak as anyone who wants a job in central London, but is persuaded by a recruitment agent to apply for one in Watford [emoji38]ol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he really wants Premier League football and ends up at Middlesbrough then he is as weak as anyone who wants a job in central London, but is persuaded by a recruitment agent to apply for one in Watford [emoji38]ol:

Maybe he doesn’t want to be a squad player?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe he doesn’t want to be a squad player?
Maybe he doesn't want to move house either ?

But to make a big thing about playing in the PL and then signing for a team that isn't is a bit like caving and compromising to a pushy recruitment agent [emoji38]ol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm not sure why Middlesbrough are upset with Sunderland - as Boro's bid has been accepted, if they had been able to tie up personal terms with the player he wouldn't even still be available (for other clubs).

Seems pretty clear he has no desire to go to the Riverside.

Think he wants to join us in PL...hoping we will up our offer......the Boro offer was accepted over weekend and would normally have been sewn up in matter of couple of days..

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Think he wants to join us in PL...hoping we will up our offer......the Boro offer was accepted over weekend and would normally have been sewn up in matter of couple of days..

I think it is clear he wants to get back into the Premier League; I'm not sure that he necessarily wants to do it with us, rather than any other PL team.

However, if no other PL team matches our bid, I think the pressure will be on Sunderland to accept it as I'm sure they wouldn't want an unhappy player in the camp (although I guess, as we demonstrated with Stephens, keeping a player who wants to play in the Premier League can work out in your favour).

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I think it is clear he wants to get back into the Premier League; I'm not sure that he necessarily wants to do it with us, rather than any other PL team.

However, if no other PL team matches our bid, I think the pressure will be on Sunderland to accept it as I'm sure they wouldn't want an unhappy player in the camp (although I guess, as we demonstrated with Stephens, keeping a player who wants to play in the Premier League can work out in your favour).

Not when you’ve had consecutive relegations, now play in League 1 and are officially recognised as a basket case football club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully this means we have made progress with Bernardo as the defender / defensive midfield utility recruit, and we let McNair's agent know.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here