Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm sure Kieran could explain that this is not actually anything that serious, but then again that would not suit his obvious agenda. It's a shame as he could have even let us know what it could mean. Keep up the good work mate, we need financial insight such as this.

Out of interest, what is my ‘obvious agenda’? I reported exactly the same about Newcastle United recently, and they then produced their accounts. The consequences of a striking off order are on this thread, before your post, so why the need for me to post them as well?

In addition there’s a thread on the BBS about the topic of Palace not publishing their accounts, but would you say that’s agenda driven too?

I monitor all 92 clubs as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I run http://priceoffootball.com as an independent website to NSC, and it covers football finance matters objectively.

It was we who found, for example, that West Ham’s owners had sold the Boleyn Ground for £38million and this was flipped by the new owners and resold for £60 million shortly afterwards.

The last couple of weeks have involved looking at Villa’s FFP challenge after failing to win promotion back to the Premier League and a review of Newcastle’s finances after they (eventually) submitted their results to the registrar. This report does contain an acrostic, such that if you take the first letter of each sentence it initially spells out MIKEASHLEYISAFATCOCKNEYWANKER
http://priceoffootball.com/newcastle-2017-lovely-jubbly/

I’m pretty hacked off that you accuse me of letting team rivalry override reporting objectivity as the following are all facts.

Palace have failed to submit accounts on time despite having had to provide them to the Premier League for FFP monitoring purposes some time ago.

Palace have been served with a striking off order by the Registrar.

Steve Parish is the owner of a company called Smoke & Mirrors Group Ltd (which incidentally charged the club £78,000 for office rent in 2016).

Palace have moved their statutory documents to an office above a branch of Wetherspoon’s in Altrincham Cheshire.

You’re playing the man, not the ball.

Ironically I was on the radio a couple of years ago praising a club for taking on an odious former manager who had extracted money from them unethically, when the club could have brushed the issue under the carpet. The club was Palace and the manager was Tony Pulis. There’s no anti Palace agenda, I take the mickey on occasion like any rival fan would do, it goes no further than that. There’s no way I’d compromise my reputation by being subjective when commenting or reporting football finance matters, and to infer otherwise is professionally insulting.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
But but but but they CAN'T be in financial difficulties - looka t all those nice drawings they put up for the new ground - they surely wouldn't do that if they were in the mire. . . or would they ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But but but but they CAN'T be in financial difficulties - looka t all those nice drawings they put up for the new ground - they surely wouldn't do that if they were in the mire. . . or would they ?
Perhaps it's why they didn't put up nice drawing for the new ground, and only put up drawings of the 1 new stand leaving 3 dilapidated, not fit for purpose stands intact.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I’m pretty hacked off that you accuse me of letting team rivalry override reporting objectivity as the following are all facts.

You just posted about the application and then sat back, when you are in fact the most qualified to explain what it actually means. You knew that what would follow would be loads of speculation whereas you could have just explained thats it not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You just posted about the application and then sat back, when you are in fact the most qualified to explain what it actually means. You knew that what would follow would be loads of speculation whereas you could have just explained thats it not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

So why don't you?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The people who are most qualified to explain have been absolutely silent. It could be a big deal but most probably isn't and no one outside the club knows. Of course we would make less of a deal if it had been any other Premier League club, particularly one with a history to live up to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me waiting for [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] to explain that it not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

giphy.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Companies only file their accounts late for a reason. That reason is there is something in those accounts that they don't yet want to be made public. It could be minor, it could be major. We won't know until they finally file them shortly before the striking off date I suspect.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

He answered you in great detail above yet you still come back with a childish, pathetic yet expected response.

I'd just keep quiet and let the intelligent observations flow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still waiting [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION]

giphy.gif

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I’m not best qualified as this is a company law issue and I’m not a lawyer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My monies on it being an FFP thing - they're probably still desperately shuffling / fiddling with the figures to try and weasel out of getting a hefty fine. They've certainly splashed the cash of late on transfer fees, and have a wagebill north of £80m. Their one man team is probably on some RIDICULOUS bonuses on top of his £110k a week to keep him there as well.

Weasels.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see CPFC Limited and CPFC SELHURST PARK LIMITED are also late

CPFC Bedford Limited's sole Director is Andrew Johnson, is that the Andrew Johnson, I guess so as the date of birth ties up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here