Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] @Goldstone1976

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
[MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION]

I cannot find the thread but you owe £100 to Cancer reasearch. I am of course willing to have the same bet again, you can name the stake.
Thanks

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I had a bet with someone as well , It may well have been the same mod . I can’t remember what the bet was for but as we were piss post at the time I can just imagine . If this can be found I’d be most grateful.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I cannot find the thread but you owe £100 to Cancer reasearch. I am of course willing to have the same bet again, you can name the stake.
Thanks

This bet was contingent on Fat Sam remaining your manager; he didn’t. However, you have a moral victory, so how about I make a £50 donation to Cancer Research? I’ve very recently made a donation there, and noticed that you can hypothecate your donation - do you have a particular cancer in mind?

Re the next season: sure, why not? Same bet, only this time minus the manager stipulation? In our league head to heads BHAFC will get an equal or greater number of points as CPFC 2010 Ltd. £100 to a registered charity of the winner’s choice?

I had a bet with someone as well , It may well have been the same mod . I can’t remember what the bet was for but as we were piss post at the time I can just imagine . If this can be found I’d be most grateful.

I also had another bet! I remember the stake (£20), but I have no clue what the specific terms were nor with whom (except that it was Palace-related and with a Palace fan). I would be happy to concede it was with you and that you have won - I can’t see me having asked (nor you having agreed to accept) any bet that would mean I had won!

So, name your charity. I have a vague inkling we agreed REMF, but I can’t remember.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
This bet was contingent on Fat Sam remaining your manager; he didn’t. However, you have a moral victory, so how about I make a £50 donation to Cancer Research? I’ve very recently made a donation there, and noticed that you can hypothecate your donation - do you have a particular cancer in mind?

Re the next season: sure, why not? Same bet, only this time minus the manager stipulation? In our league head to heads BHAFC will get an equal or greater number of points as CPFC 2010 Ltd. £100 to a registered charity of the winner’s choice?

I really don't think our bet was anything to do with the manager. I think it was to do with who gained more points over the two games. You had Brighton/draw I had the palace win.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I had £20 with the owner of the Last Heretic in Burton as to position Palace over Brighton. He called asking if it would be cash. Blast, another trip to all the micro pubs in Burton again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I also had another bet! I remember the stake (£20), but I have no clue what the specific terms were nor with whom (except that it was Palace-related and with a Palace fan). I would be happy to concede it was with you and that you have won - I can’t see me having asked (nor you having agreed to accept) any bet that would mean I had won!

So, name your charity. I have a vague inkling we agreed REMF, but I can’t remember.

Whilst we're on the subject, I do believe that you still, owe MOD taxes, according to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] (allegedly) :cool:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I really don't think our bet was anything to do with the manager. I think it was to do with who gained more points over the two games. You had Brighton/draw I had the palace win.

I've just spent the best part of an hour trying to find the relevant posts and I can't find the buggers either! You're absolutely correct that it was you having Palace get more points over the two league games and me having BHAFC getting the same number of points or greater, but I'm certain that it was also, as I said, contingent on Fat Sam remaining your manager.

However, since you can't remember that stipulation, and since I can no longer be arsed to try to prove that I'm right, and since the other aspects of the bet that you cite accord with my memory, and since it's to a great cause anyway, I'll settle in full.

So - do you have a particular cancer that you'd like me to support?

And - your response to the bet proposal for 2018/19...?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This one?

Bugger. If Big Sam gets it, they'll probably stay up. However, if he stays in post next season and if we go up, I'd be prepared to have a small wager with one of our resident Palace fans (proceeds to REMF) that over the two league games between the clubs next season BHA would accumulate no fewer points than Palace. £20? First come, first served - open to palace fans only.

Link >>> http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...dew-sacked-(&p=7715861&viewfull=1#post7715861

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

So - Big Sam has to be manager for both league games and we have to both be in the PL next season - if either or both are not true, the bet is void. If the bet is valid, Palace have to score more points than BHA from the two league games for you to win. If BHA score the same number of points as Palace, or if BHA score more points, I win. Agreed?

???

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I've just spent the best part of an hour trying to find the relevant posts and I can't find the buggers either! You're absolutely correct that it was you having Palace get more points over the two league games and me having BHAFC getting the same number of points or greater, but I'm certain that it was also, as I said, contingent on Fat Sam remaining your manager.

However, since you can't remember that stipulation, and since I can no longer be arsed to try to prove that I'm right, and since the other aspects of the bet that you cite accord with my memory, and since it's to a great cause anyway, I'll settle in full.

So - do you have a particular cancer that you'd like me to support?

And - your response to the bet proposal for 2018/19...?

Just followed the thread that bozza posted and the bet is void. I'm willing to do the same next year for £100 but without the manager stuff obviously. Thanks

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yes! Thanks!

It was much earlier than I had remembered - I thought it was probably around this time of year, last year.

Just followed the thread that bozza posted and the bet is void. I'm willing to do the same next year for £100 but without the manager stuff obviously. Thanks

Ta.

I'll stand by my initial response in giving you the moral victory. £50 to Cancer Research.

You're on for next season.

[MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] I see that our bet is void too. (posts 145, 147, 153, 156 & 159 on the link that Bozza provided). However, since I really couldn't remember what the specific terms of the bet were (unlike the one with Swillis, where I could), and since I've already conceded the loss, I'll settle in full - £20 to REMF as per my original suggestion in post 145.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Yes! Thanks!

It was much earlier than I had remembered - I thought it was probably around this time of year, last year.

Ta.

I'll stand by my initial response in giving you the moral victory. £50 to Cancer Research.

If you want to donate money to them that's up to you mate but it's not on my behalf. The bet was void, I didn't remember anything about the manager thing. I just remembered we had a bet, waste of time as the bet was void before the bloody season started lol

As for next season if we keep Zaha and get an actual striker who scores goals then we have no worries, if we lose Zaha then it will be a miracle if I win.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you want to donate money to them that's up to you mate but it's not on my behalf. The bet was void, I didn't remember anything about the manager thing. I just remembered we had a bet, waste of time as the bet was void before the bloody season started lol

As for next season if we keep Zaha and get an actual striker who scores goals then we have no worries, if we lose Zaha then it will be a miracle if I win.

I made the donation because I wanted to honour the commitment I'd made to you in my initial response - and because they're a pretty good use of my charity money anyway.

Yep, I'd agree with your assessment of next season.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don’t for get the £200 you owe me because a month ago I said Man City would win the title

fat-chance-def.gif

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010

You, sir, are a gentleman. So good to see someone who looses a bet, paying up even when unsure about the deal. :bowdown:

Oh, and don't forget the £200 you owe me. I promise to spend it all on alcohol so none will be wasted.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

REMF would be a good beneficiary.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I made the donation because I wanted to honour the commitment I'd made to you in my initial response - and because they're a pretty good use of my charity money anyway.

Yep, I'd agree with your assessment of next season.

Okay nice one mate. In the spirit of this I will give you 2/1 for next season. If you win I will owe £200 to wherever you decide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here