Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Palace. Hard to explain...

albionite

May 20, 2009
This. I have several friends who are Palace fans and have known a fair few down the years. Indeed, I can't say I've met any I've actually actively disliked.

So thank f**k for cpfc.org and in particular, their away fans end - a forum so dull that they ban opposition fans for the most trivial "infractions" imaginable. And then that proper sad away fans end, where there is one thread in particular about 1,000 posts long dedicated to sneering at people on here - many of them proudly announcing they know or have met NSC people in real life (when they are clearly lying) merely to give credence to their drivel. Absolute Nigel gimps, the lot of them. You will struggle to find such a collection of snivelling bell ends in one place anywhere else. Even RedCafe.

try their other forum holmesdale they give bbs a run for their money at being the biggest gimps.

Looks more like a forum aimed at 11-16 old Nigel's.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So the missus and I were talking last night about the recent terrible tragedies and I commented how Palace fans and even their Chairman had been the kindest with regards to messages and support.

She said "But they hate you don't they?", "Well, yes" I replied. "So does this mean they don't hate you anymore?". "Oh God no they still despise us... always will"

To a non football person it's genuinely hard to explain how it works. Palace hate us the most yet support us the most in times of need... and I'm sure we'd reciprocate.

Easily explained tho eh? It's a pantomime fake rivalry. Always was. Same as the majority of football rivalries are. Or the gormless rivalry between one village and the next village along. Or one school and another school in the same town. Reckon [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] summed it up best on here many moons ago when he said something along the lines of why on earth would you hate somebody who is exactly like you apart from they're wearing a different colour branded polyester shirt?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Easily explained tho eh? It's a pantomime fake rivalry. Always was. Same as the majority of football rivalries are. Or the gormless rivalry between one village and the next village along. Or one school and another school in the same town. Reckon [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] summed it up best on here many moons ago when he said something along the lines of why on earth would you hate somebody who is exactly like you apart from they're wearing a different colour branded polyester shirt?
Oh for goodness sake, football is tribal, that's what makes it enjoyable, yes the hooligan stuff most of us of a certain age were involved in during the late 70's and early 80s was over the top, but it was the sign of the times....and we all loved it, the singing ( and I mean songs not the mindless chanting we get now) mostly stemmed from goading and abusing the oppo team or fans, just get over yourself, the holier than thou faux intellectual looking down your noses attitude is tiresome in the extreme.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Oh for goodness sake, football is tribal, that's what makes it enjoyable, yes the hooligan stuff most of us of a certain age were involved in during the late 70's and early 80s was over the top, but it was the sign of the times....and we all loved it, the singing ( and I mean songs not the mindless chanting we get now) mostly stemmed from goading and abusing the oppo team or fans, just get over yourself, the holier than thou faux intellectual looking down your noses attitude is tiresome in the extreme.

An opinion is an opinion, but I wholeheartedly agree with yours and disagree with his.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
for christs sake the best bit is singing you should have burnt MORE --you stupid bast@rds you should have burnt more ---when we are at their dump of a ground ----and the Eric Cantona adulation during that night at the palace ---I love us in white shirts --- I honestly hate everything about them including the numerous palace fans mates I have and thoroughly enjoy ribbing --although im a bit miffed at how well their doing -I think it makes me remember with fondness all those times I spat on their club shop window ! that's I ive got to say except I agree with millwall they take it up the arse !!!!!!!

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The plastic Premier fans I work with however are complete bellends.

you-got-that-right-thumb.jpg

Dec 15, 2014
Here
footie was a cool word 20/30 years ago but got hijacked by politicians etc pretending to be one of the lads. I won't raise the argument about 'soccer' again but for the record I think it's an acceptable word invented by the British and used a lot throughout the 20th century up until the mid 70s onwards. Americans use it to avoid confusion with their own form of football.

Could you imagine Americans calling the NFL footie?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And then that proper sad away fans end, where there is one thread in particular about 1,000 posts long dedicated to sneering at people on here - many of them proudly announcing they know or have met NSC people in real life (when they are clearly lying) merely to give credence to their drivel. Absolute Nigel gimps, the lot of them. You will struggle to find such a collection of snivelling bell ends in one place anywhere else. Even RedCafe.

Agreed. They truly do take tedium onto a whole new level there, with the incessant round-the-clock sneering and the CONSTANT use of their most favourite word of all when referring to BHA - "delusional". Yup, apparently everyone on NSC is operating under the firm belief that we're going to be challenging the top 4 in the Premier League in a couple of years. "Delusional" this and "delusional" that, obviously ignoring the total miseryfest that this place is 90% of the time, particularly over the last year or so. Because that wouldn't fit their narrative would it.

You'd think they'd get bored of forever trawling NSC just to drag a nondescript quote from here to there to be dissected and ridiculed, so they can all chuckle at the "delusion" of it all, whilst basking in their all-consuming, overwhelming sense of superiority. The same little group of posters doing it day after day, month after month, year after year, threads with posts running into the thousands. It certainly takes dedication, I'll give them that. But wow. Their boredom thresholds must be somewhere up in the stratosphere. "Life, get a" springs to mind.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
for christs sake the best bit is singing you should have burnt MORE --you stupid bast@rds you should have burnt more ---when we are at their dump of a ground ----and the Eric Cantona adulation during that night at the palace ---I love us in white shirts --- I honestly hate everything about them including the numerous palace fans mates I have and thoroughly enjoy ribbing --although im a bit miffed at how well their doing -I think it makes me remember with fondness all those times I spat on their club shop window ! that's I ive got to say except I agree with millwall they take it up the arse !!!!!!!

Well from that semenal film "My Favourite Launderette" Millwall fans certainly do adopt that practice.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't feel the need to explain it to anyone. I know, that's all that matters. And if you're a proper football fan of any club, then you know as well because you will have something similar.

It's a real shame for all of us that we haven't seen more derbies in the last 25 years, circumstances have deprived the fans. They are just great games to attend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here