Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which manager is next for the sack?

Next manager to be sacked

• Ronald Koeman

Votes: 124 56.9%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • Roy Hodgson

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 18 8.3%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not been v.successful but I reckon there's still a lot of love for him from the Liverpool fans. The Liverpool fans seem to have taken him to their hearts in the same way that we have with Hughton.
Klopp at Liverpool strikes me as a Poyet/Albion relationship.
When it comes to an end it'll be grim, and by god are we going to hear about it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the next few weeks could see a flurry of activity. My money is on Koeman. I've included Hodgson in there because I've a feeling that if Palace don't start picking up points then defeat against us (please, please, please) could see him going.

If you own a Business and Palace owe you money I would send the Bailliffs round now because history tells us if they go down you only get 10p in the £1 - As for Managers, they will have at least one more this season for sure

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you own a Business and Palace owe you money I would send the Bailliffs round now because history tells us if they go down you only get 10p in the £1 - As for Managers, they will have at least one more this season for sure

I think you're right. Hodgson won't be there at the end of the season.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
He's not been v.successful but I reckon there's still a lot of love for him from the Liverpool fans. The Liverpool fans seem to have taken him to their hearts in the same way that we have with Hughton.
Yes I see what you mean but Liverpool fans have higher expectations than we do. For now anyway.:cool:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Carlos Carvalhal, 16th place after 13 games when they should really be top 4 in the PL is not good enough, must go now!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

I have to say this.I don’t think we have taken Hughton to our hearts.Yes he has done something that only 1 other Brighton Manager has done & will forever be remembered for doing it but I think his
lack of emotion & personality makes it hard for fans to feel love for him.
If you asked any Albion fan who they loved more Tony Bloom or Chris Hughton we all know what the answer would be.
There are not many other EPL teams that would say the same.
I’m not trying to put Chris Hughton down It’s just the way I think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Klopp won't be sacked - the love-in is still in place. Koemann on the other hand..... (although he has soent an awful lot of money so he could use that as an excuse).

Probably Bilic.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have to say this.I don’t think we have taken Hughton to our hearts.Yes he has done something that only 1 other Brighton Manager has done & will forever be remembered for doing it but I think his
If you asked any Albion fan who they loved more Tony Bloom or Chris Hughton we all know what the answer would be.
There are not many other EPL teams that would say the same.
I’m not trying to put Chris Hughton down It’s just the way I think it is.

Fair enough and I'm not knocking your view at all but the Brighton fans I know all love the bloke to bits. Also, I'm going to disagree and it's just my opinion but I think he does show emotion and genuine charisma and I find his shyness very endearing, his humility and fairness refreshing. As you say we're in the very fortunate and rare position of having a true fan as owner so Bloom will always win a popularity contest against any manager but I still think there's genuine deep affection for Hughton across our fanbase.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Really ?

Well I love the bloke. He’s class, knows his stuff and a great coach.

Should have seen the outpouring of applause and thanks for him at the pre- season forum. So fairly sure I’m not alone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Esp when your ground is a free cash cow.
Doesn't the deal they have with concessions alone mean it would be cheaper to offload Bilic than play to a half empty ground.

As we wandered happily into the East London night on Friday, [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] told [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I that Newham Council take all profits from the concessions at the stadium.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A bit leftfield, but I reckon Klopps not too far behind on the list, IF he doesn't get Liverpool firing again!

I know it sounds odd but I would not be surprised if Klopp walks. He seems to have quite high ideals and he may now be feeling he has taken Liverpool as far as he can take them. If he feels that the team just keep making schoolboy errors he may take his talents elsewhere.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A bit leftfield, but I reckon Klopps not too far behind on the list, IF he doesn't get Liverpool firing again!

Klopp is really taking Liverpool down the table, personally think Hughes is next

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here