Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Foles was throwing Hail Mary bombs last night...but only because the defence gave him time...just as important as the glamour boys.

The match up between the all time great Brady and the second stringer Foles will be fascinating.

If the eagles play like they did yesterday when they blew the vikings away, the Super Bowl will be heading to Philli!

Just need the phillies to get their act together now.

Just in case you are confused like I was, the Super Bowl will be played in Minneapolis, the Vikings home pitch, which was predetermined two to three years ago. No NFL team has played in the Super Bowl on their home pitch but if the Vikings had won it would have been the first time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just in case you are confused like I was, the Super Bowl will be played in Minneapolis, the Vikings home pitch, which was predetermined two to three years ago. No NFL team has played in the Super Bowl on their home pitch but if the Vikings had won it would have been the first time.

no I meant the trophy.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Whilst everyone will talk about that fumble/interception, in truth your last sentence is what ought to be talked about - we knew what was coming. And being specific, something happened a few plays later that we didn't know was coming - the Jags stopped a Pats drive when a TD seemed inevitable. But what did they do with possession from their own 10? They tried to run the ball on the first down, then attempt a throw on the second. Exactly what everyone knew they'd do, including the Pats defence. It was predictable and poor, and led to a punt that was returned right back to their own 30 yard line. Had they been able to drive down the field at that point, they'd have left the Pats with a lot more to do and also left a lot less time to do it in.

I bet on a Jags, Eagles Superbowl. Fole's did (or the coaches allowed him to do) what Bortles did not, made the big plays (The flea flicker and TD when squeezed in the pocket were emense).

Still the Jags have had an inredible season 3-13 to conference game is no mean feet, and much to take away, lets hope this game really fires them up next season. You have to take your hats off to Brady and their play calling, even when the Jags were ahead and looked in control, they needed to acumalate points to bank at the end of the game.

Two fanatstic games and I think the Pats will have to contend with a similar side in the superbowl, in your face defence with take away secondary and a reliable if not flambloyant quarter back.

A great match up that I am looking forward to. The Jags feel to the Belechick sourcery, the danger for the Eagles is giving him two weeks to prepare against you. But go London born Adjai.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I bet on a Jags, Eagles Superbowl. Fole's did (or the coaches allowed him to do) what Bortles did not, made the big plays (The flea flicker and TD when squeezed in the pocket were emense).

Still the Jags have had an inredible season 3-13 to conference game is no mean feet, and much to take away, lets hope this game really fires them up next season. You have to take your hats off to Brady and their play calling, even when the Jags were ahead and looked in control, they needed to acumalate points to bank at the end of the game.

Two fanatstic games and I think the Pats will have to contend with a similar side in the superbowl, in your face defence with take away secondary and a reliable if not flambloyant quarter back.

A great match up that I am looking forward to. The Jags feel to the Belechick sourcery, the danger for the Eagles is giving him two weeks to prepare against you. But go London born Adjai.

Foles is twice the player Bortles is. If I was a Jags fan I would be a bit worried about the talk that Bortles will still be under centre next season. When Keenum, Bridgwater and Bradford are all out of contract from the Vikings alone, they really should be able to upgrade on Bortles without breaking their cap.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Foles is twice the player Bortles is. If I was a Jags fan I would be a bit worried about the talk that Bortles will still be under centre next season. When Keenum, Bridgwater and Bradford are all out of contract from the Vikings alone, they really should be able to upgrade on Bortles without breaking their cap.

Not sure whether I have teal tinted specs but Bortles has been quite efficient this year, he’s had a core of rookie receivers and not an above average tight end in sight. He’s not perfect, he’s never going to be Brady, but he’s improving.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Not sure whether I have teal tinted specs but Bortles has been quite efficient this year, he’s had a core of rookie receivers and not an above average tight end in sight. He’s not perfect, he’s never going to be Brady, but he’s improving.

I agree. He had a horrible year last year, and a very good one the year before that. He's clearly a bit hit and miss, but without Robinson the Jags offense should have been horrible this year. The fact that it wasn't says a lot imo. Not sure about the Foles-Bortles comparison to be honest: I don't think there's too much in it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Foles just quietly goes about his game. When wentz suffered the horrible injury, everyone said the eagles season was over, but we eagles fans knew foles would step up.

His throw from the middle of the melee for the TD last night was pure class ...he didn't panic, didn't blink and hit the man exactly where he knew he would be running to. One of the best TD passes this season.

Jul 7, 2003
Stories coming out of the US that Cousins to the Broncos is looking likely for next season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Only a few hours to go now, so here's a little light relief to pass the time before kick-off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0176.JPGIMG_0112.JPGIMG_0178.PNG

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...and here's a few NFL jokes in Friday's Colbert Report.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here