Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hughton's getting gobby

attachment.php

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've only ever been an albion fan, missed six home games since 1988 (including Gillingham and withdean....obviously), I'm not sure since the prem if 8 can be arsed to come again, not because we're losing just because I feel like a plastic when I'm clearly not, football IS DEAD!
Why?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Good Lord. I dont know what to make of that half and formation.

An absolute horror show in the first ten minutes or so then we started attacking and we actually looked dangerous. We are, however, shambolic defensively. To be expected I suppose when we've spent the past four years being drilled in a four man defence with another bank of four in front.

Should have had a penalty(two but if the first had been given the second wouldn't have happened. Wonder save by Cabelero. Duffy missing a good chance.

I reckon we'll score. But concede a few more.

It'll be interestin to see whether we stick with this formation next week.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

An absolute horror show in the first ten minutes or so then we started attacking and we actually looked dangerous. We are, however, shambolic defensively. To be expected I suppose when we've spent the past four years being drilled in a four man defence with another bank of four in front.

Should have had a penalty(two but if the first had been given the second wouldn't have happened. Wonder save by Cabelero. Duffy missing a good chance.

I think we will when we win 3-2.

:)

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Apart from the colossally shite first few minutes, we haven't played that badly to be fair - shown quite a bit of attacking entreprise, and if we weren't lumbered with a CJTC for a "referee" then we would have had a big chance of getting something from this game

COME ON:albion2::albion2::albion2:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

Can't really complain we have been crying out for the team to attack. Just not closing players down quickly enough. That being said Chelsea have the same issue at the back. Bring it on.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've only ever been an albion fan, missed six home games since 1988 (including Gillingham and withdean....obviously), I'm not sure since the prem if 8 can be arsed to come again, not because we're losing just because I feel like a plastic when I'm clearly not, football IS DEAD!

Yes. As Mackenzie asked, why? I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything. Just intrigued. We went through a lot of crap together to get to this point so I'm fascinated what has made it untenable for you now?

At Chelsea we stifled Hazard pretty effectively playing the four at the back like normal. We look effective going forward today because players are actually trying to get up there, not sure it is the formation so much as the willing to get up there and the fact that we are two down so pushing up whilst Chelsea are sitting back more.

Maybe you're right. We could have started with a 4-1-4-1 formation with the current players on the field. Having Goldson sitting in front of the back four, with Hemed up front on his own. Then we could have changed to a 3-5-1-1 formation when we needed to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here