Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ring Of Fire before kick off

Ring Of Fire before kick off, do you like it?

• Total voters

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Grandkids love it , and in the scheme of things the get them young thing business wise makes perfect sense when you run a football club , harmless fun , isn't it ? .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Grandkids love it , and in the scheme of things the get them young thing business wise makes perfect sense when you run a football club , harmless fun , isn't it ? .

As someone else said, why does everything have to be 'for the kids' thesedays?! I'm pretty confident that playing Ring of Fire just before ko isn't going to be the deciding factor in any child's decision to keep attending or not...

Yeah it's harmless fun , but I think it just sounds lame, I hate the faux-atmosphere nature of it all. Such is football these days though, I guess. Everything is so happy-clappy (up and down the country, not just the Amex) :nono:

Last edited:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
As an old school type I thought it was cringeworthy when it started but I`m use to it now and more people seem to like it than dislike.
Anything that generates an atmosphere can`t be a bad thing can it?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Because that’s maybe a bit tinpot as well....? Great to hear though that Stand or Fall has pretty much taken over from ‘win the cup’ now too.

That is a really good thing. I assume it is because they think enough people know the words now for it not to be needed.

I hope there is no backsliding now to GUTWTC from the infinitely better TTATWSOF.

Hmm, whilst us NSC superfans know it, there seems to be a lot of people near me that only join in once we get to the chorus. Though YES, stand or fall is now definitely winning thankfully.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
its decent but just have it included in the fanzone section. The bit as the teams come out should be free for the fans to create their own atmosphere imo

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As someone else said, why does everything have to be 'for the kids' thesedays?! I'm pretty confident that playing Ring of Fire just before ko isn't going to be the deciding factor in any child's decision to keep attending or not...

Yeah it's harmless fun , but I think it just sounds lame, I hate the faux-atmosphere nature of it all. Such is football these days though, I guess. Everything is so happy-clappy (up and down the country, not just the Amex) :nono:

It does tend to drown out the North Stand's inability to sing the same song in unison in the run up to kick off. :moo:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bring Back Gully's Grandma's , now that's a proppa ring of fire .

albion v millwall 33.JPG.gallery.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here