Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all stop ****ing Bedwetting again please

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Football Weekly think we're as good as down because of our Norwichesque run-in.

Football Weekly haven't said anything insightful about us all season - so won't be losing any sleep over that. Like most of the shows, once it goes beyond the top sides, they don't seem to have a clue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Football Weekly haven't said anything insightful about us all season - so won't be losing any sleep over that. Like most of the shows, once it goes beyond the top sides, they don't seem to have a clue.
They were onto Gross a long time before most on here were.
I think on the whole they have been very complimentary about us, with the odd stereotypical Hughton defensive comment thrown in, not to dissimilar to here.

The theory was we're just waved goodbye to our last 'easy points', and 35 isn't enough to stay up.
Stoke and palace are the best teams in the bottom half, and they both have considerably easier run-ins than us.

The panel were pretty bullish until our remaining fixtures were read out, at which point the mood changed and relegation was on the cards.

There's a little voice in the back of my head that agrees, although that would probably still be chipping off if we were on 45 points. :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you could point out specifically, in that post, where I am personally worrying about our strikers, that would be great. If you’d like to read the post again and understand my gripe is people being labelled with that utterly pathetic phrase, well that would be even better.

Even if you had been concerned (in which case your opinion would have been mocked), we're now scoring goals for fun, so you have nowt to worry about.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think on the whole they have been very complimentary about us, with the odd stereotypical Hughton defensive comment thrown in, not to dissimilar to here.

The theory was we're just waved goodbye to our last 'easy points', and 35 isn't enough to stay up.
Stoke and palace are the best teams in the bottom half, and they both have considerably easier run-ins than us.

The panel were pretty bullish until our remaining fixtures were read out, at which point the mood changed and relegation was on the cards.

There's a little voice in the back of my head that agrees, although that would probably still be chipping off if we were on 45 points. :lol:

Stoke 27:
West Ham A
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Stoke have to win 3 of those fixtures.

West Ham look pretty good again all of a sudden, and can make themselves safe with a win at home after already beating Stoke 3-0 just before Xmas. Burnley have just won 4 in a row and sense Europe for next season.

Stoke haven't won in 9 games. Their record since Boxing Day is P14 W1 D5 L8 pts 8.

Southampton have won once in 19 games. Since the end of November their record is P19 W1 D9 L9 pts 12.

I don't say we haven't made it nervy for ourselves, and we probably do need 2 more points, but it is going to be some turnaround for Stoke and Southampton to finish on 34 points or more.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

:

Sort of. They all agreed it was a tough run in and one of the three changed his view that albion were safe. But...

- They said 36 was enough.
- that the top 6 “might not care” about fixtures at end of season and thus not as grim as it looked.
- and it “might” mean we’re still in mix.

But nobody said “relegation was on the cards”.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Football Ramble is miles better than Football Weekly. Better analysis, and much funnier.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And are they basing their profound insight on our run-in independent of anyone elses?

Sort of. They all agreed it was a tough run in and one of the three changed his view that albion were safe. But...

- They said 36 was enough.
- that the top 6 “might not care” about fixtures at end of season and thus not as grim as it looked.
- and it “might” mean we’re still in mix.

But nobody said “relegation was on the cards”.

I'll cut and paste this here (as posted on the Saints thread).

The idea of Saints' easier run-in (based on us having to play 4 of the elite) ignores that they also have 2 of them left.

If we assume that we automatically get zero points from our four games, then it should logically follow to assume zero points from Saints' two games. (pretending that all those games are out of the way first) this leaves the respective sides as follows:

Albion on 35 points with 2 games to play
Saints on 28 points with 4 games to play

If you follow the same process for all the bottom 9 sides:

Watford 37 (4)
Albion 35 (2)
WHU 35 (3)
Swans 32 (4)
Hudds 32 (2)
CPFC 31 (5)
Saints 28 (4)
Stoke 27 (4)
WBA 21 (2)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The theory was we're just waved goodbye to our last 'easy points'
Well we waved goodbye to two of them, and we took one home. But yes, they were the easiest points we had left.
and 35 isn't enough to stay up.
Well it might not be. But we might get another point or two yet.
Stoke and palace are the best teams in the bottom half
Stoke have the worst GD in the whole league, how the **** have they worked out they're the best in bottom half?
and they both have considerably easier run-ins than us.
Of course they do. But Stoke are 8 points behind us.

Read out? So the, presumably self titled 'expert' panel didn't even know what our fixtures were until someone read them out during the podcast? Amateurs.

We're clearly not safe. We might not get any more points, and Stoke and SCC might get a few wins. But 'as good as down'? Clearly not.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
We're clearly not safe. We might not get any more points, and Stoke and SCC might get a few wins. But 'as good as down'? Clearly not.

Well no. But then they didn't say that anyway. SB just paraphrased that bit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Read out? So the, presumably self titled 'expert' panel didn't even know what our fixtures were until someone read them out during the podcast? Amateurs.
Odd to assume 3 journos would have a photographic knowledge of all the Premier League's remaining fixtures, esp the fixtures of a team they'd assumed it's season was over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This!

TFS, followed by the ramble, followed the FW for me.

FW, TFS then Ramble.

Ramble would be higher if they weren't of the impression everything said was the single funniest utterance in the history of humanity.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
FW, TFS then Ramble.

Ramble would be higher if they weren't of the impression everything said was the single funniest utterance in the history of humanity.

The quality of analysis on FW has fallen through the floor since Jimbo et al left to make TFS imo.

edit: not sure what happened with the quotes there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here