Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Two shootings in north London - 17yo girl dead

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
BBC news now reporting that a 78 year old man has been arrested after 1 of 2 men burgling his home in London has died .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
BBC news now reporting that a 78 year old man has been arrested after 1 of 2 men burgling his home in London has died .

A 78-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death.
The homeowner discovered two intruders in Further Green Road, Hither Green, south-east London, at about 00:45 BST.
One suspect, armed with a screwdriver, forced the man into his kitchen where a struggle ensued and he was stabbed, Scotland Yard said.
The pensioner, who suffered bruising to his arms, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

And the OB wonder why they don't have the public's support. This is a pensioner being attacked in his own home in the middle of the night. Kudos and respect to the ol' fella for fighting back. Now the long arm goes and nicks him for murder.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You are banning someone for an opinion? I would think most people would think "thats sad but Im glad that shits well away from me and mine".

Its not like modern urban black crime is undocumented, or discussed by one of the smartest people on the planet, Thomas Sowell a black and a conservative. The latter being the reason hes beyond the pail to leftist identity politics and why black youth aspire to be gangsters not economists.

Would also explain why you have banned someone on the bequest of a load of virtue signalling leftist man-babies.
He loves banning people he doesn't agree with, loves what little power a mod gives him, pathetic.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
This. Having lived in London for ~30 years - the areas where this is happening tend to be (although not exclusively) the less affluent regions (Tottenham, parts of South East London & Walthamstow) for example. Gang
culture is rife and, sadly, a lot of young people see this as a way out (money etc). Tragic on so many levels. No opportunities and no hope.

I'm no expert - but that is my take. The economic climate is not helping.

these kids dont get the opportunity to go to school and get qualifications etc ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nope, I banned him for being an insensitive prick.

So the rule is all posters must be sensetaive ala the cultural revolution under Mao were neutral opinions were not tolerated?

Theres a range of attitudes to the issue, Promoting hate and violence which is illegal, just hating which is more a problem for the hater, then not caring followed by "Have to care".

Are you for real? Beyond an academic ineterest(Which I'm guessing is more naunced and evolved than yours) I dont care. Same for Grenfell or the Bradford fire, I dont care beyond immediate sympathy for victims and relatives, a human reaction, I dont give a fig.

Its not like he posted just dont care he gave a reason. But I suppose it gave you a chance to play Identity politics and abuse your panel for political sentiments.....AGAIN.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
About 12 years ago, I worked on an after-schools project in an inner-London school. I was talking to one of the teachers about what the kids' plans were. She told me that they'd asked all their Year 10s what they wanted to do in their adult lives. She said that every single boy, without exception, said they wanted to be a footballer, pop singer/rapper or drug dealer. This wasn't in Hackney or Tottenham either.

It's one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

ernest bevin ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes. And he's spot on to do so. Free speech is the latest banner around which bullies, thugs and fascists are gathering around. And they're getting very vocal at it too. Remind us of what happened last time this was allowed to get out of control?

Wow look at all that jargon and chop logic. Saying he doesn't care about a particular issue doesn't make him a bully, a thug or a fascist(That would be antifa). Free speech has never got out of control lol. But I am sure you would be more comfortable without it, until you found your speech controlled.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Worryingly, we don't have easy access to guns like the citizens of NYC yet their murder rate is falling..

we dont have easy access to guns ? hahaha oh really ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Give over loonster, your trolling is sometimes amusing, but this isn't the thread for it.
Freedom of speech/opinion comes with responsibilities. He knew exactly what he was posting.

I pity you as you are incapable of telling the difference between a troll and legitimate point. Yes freedom of speech does come with responsibilities, would one of them be not posting an opinion that triggers the forum snowflakes?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He loves banning people he doesn't agree with, loves what little power a mod gives him, pathetic.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I dont know how true that is, I have realise he does pull stunts driven by a political blind spot/bias or incompetence.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
She said that every single boy, without exception, said they wanted to be a footballer, pop singer/rapper or drug dealer. This wasn't in Hackney or Tottenham either.

It's one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

Probably also one of the most untrue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So the rule is all posters must be sensetaive ala the cultural revolution under Mao were neutral opinions were not tolerated?

Theres a range of attitudes to the issue, Promoting hate and violence which is illegal, just hating which is more a problem for the hater, then not caring followed by "Have to care".

Are you for real? Beyond an academic ineterest(Which I'm guessing is more naunced and evolved than yours) I dont care. Same for Grenfell or the Bradford fire, I dont care beyond immediate sympathy for victims and relatives, a human reaction, I dont give a fig.

Its not like he posted just dont care he gave a reason. But I suppose it gave you a chance to play Identity politics and abuse your panel for political sentiments.....AGAIN.

FFS Looney grow up. Two young people have just been senselessly killed.

Surely you, as a scoutmaster, must feel this is a waste of a young life, and anyone making cheap comments about it simply is a bellend.

As far as I'm concerned there's a time and a place for being a smartarse in relation to the deaths of others, I know you love your politics, but for once just give it a rest.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nah, this wasn't in Tooting. It was in Lambeth.
It wasn't all the Year 10s, it was all the boys in her particular class - it's still a sad state of affairs.

then i dont k ow why you referenced hackney or tottenham mate , large parts of lambeth are nust as bad

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Let’s focus on one issue at a time. Grenfall, why has very little been done to house those affected, help those affected, and to deal with similarly clad tower blocks? Why is there such overt negligence? What’s the reason if the government are so domestically focussed?

you have got to be fvcking joking with the comments about rehousing and helping those affected :facepalm:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
FFS Looney grow up. Two young people have just been senselessly killed.

Surely you, as a scoutmaster, must feel this is a waste of a young life, and anyone making cheap comments about it simply is a bellend.

As far as I'm concerned there's a time and a place for being a smartarse in relation to the deaths of others, I know you love your politics, but for once just give it a rest.

looneys a scoutmaster ? really ? :lolol:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
It might be interesting to look up the ratio of police/ citizens in both cities? I would not be surprised if NY had a higher ratio.

Last time I checked the NY ratio of police officers to population was around double that of London, and that was before all of the recent cuts here. There is no doubt that zero tolerance policing reduces street crime wherever it is tried. If only we had the will here. Sadly, as many have already said it is only likely to get worse.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
NY still has something like 3 times the number annually that London does, and London has also dropped significantly (almost 50%) in the same period (see [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] post above). Think the concern is that it's starting to rise...............

When I first started travelling to NYC with work, Central Park was (I was told) a complete no-go area after dark (and even in the day people stuck to the 'busy' areas). Now it's mobbed from before 5am to midnight with joggers, walkers, cyclists, fitness groups, dogwalkers etc etc.

Yes, all achieved with Guiliani's zero tolerance policing. That needs numbers, and it is always re-assuring in NYC to turn a corner and find a couple of police officers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here