Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom.......have run out of money

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
1 start, 3 appearances, 0 goals. The 3rd appearance lasted all of 3 minutes before he was carted off at Chelsea 6 weeks ago with a hammy. He's not been seen since.

I mean honestly, who could ever possibly have FORESEEN that ?

And some idiots said we should have signed him. Hindsight was not required.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Or an absolute genius as they can't afford to pay him off...

I just hurts me to think that a club like West Brom are being held to ransom by a chancer, a loser and
a journeyman manager who screws up everywhere he goes and I'm sure has probably lost no sleep over
condemning good fans to the Championship while he sits on his millions.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
At one stage I thought we were unlucky, in that our PL season lacked a car-crash Villa, Boro or Sunderland.

Then, step forward, Alan Scott :wanker: Pardew and WBA.

We owe him.

We paid him. With his only league win. We also seem to have paid everyone else in the bottom half by keeping him in the job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just hurts me to think that a club like West Brom are being held to ransom by a chancer, a loser and
a journeyman manager who screws up everywhere he goes and I'm sure has probably lost no sleep over
condemning good fans to the Championship while he sits on his millions.

He's certainly on a win-win, despite repeated failure. His career high point was getting to a FAC Final 12 years ago, yet he keeps getting multi £m contracts.

If WBA sack him, he gets paid in full. Or they keep him, to get try to get themselves promoted.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1 start, 3 appearances, 0 goals. The 3rd appearance lasted all of 3 minutes before he was carted off at Chelsea 6 weeks ago with a hammy. He's not been seen since.

I mean honestly, who could ever possibly have FORESEEN that ?
He'd still be chosen for England this summer ahead of Murray.

el punal

At one stage I thought we were unlucky, in that our PL season lacked a car-crash Villa, Boro or Sunderland.

Then, step forward, Alan Scott :wanker: Pardew and WBA.

We owe him.

You mention car crash clubs - West Brom in the driving seat (sorry!), hopefully a couple of rear end shunts with the likes of West Ham and Southampton to add to the relegation debris.

By the way, I wonder if anyone has picked up on the fact that Pardew has been manager at several of this season's possible relegation contenders. I give you West Brom, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Newcastle. :drink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And some idiots said we should have signed him. Hindsight was not required.
Or our magnificant medical team would get high praise heaped upon them for sniffing out a potential problem.
Just like the Brazilian fella who turned up for a medical, in the summer, in a wheelchair.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not quiet administration fodder yet, but with relegation and the exodus that will follow, they probably will find it difficult to get back up at the first attempt, an if still in the Championship when the parachute payments stop, it could be a gloomy future

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The joke is that Pardew won't give a shit. He'll get the sack, a nice payout, media work for a couple of months whilst folk forget how bad he is at his job, then walk into another Championship/desperate PL job.

And so it goes on.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The joke is that Pardew won't give a shit. He'll get the sack, a nice payout, media work for a couple of months whilst folk forget how bad he is at his job, then walk into another Championship/desperate PL job.

And so it goes on.

This. Where else would such crass incompetence be rewarded? (Government ministers excluded :) )

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Notwithstanding the fact that they are doomed to relegation, the story just smacks of a bloke building his part. "Ooh what a mess, I'll need time to sort it out".

When you look at what he's actually saying it's nothing major. I bet pretty much every PL club has record, wages, transfer fees etc this season and (unlike say Palace) at least their last accounts showed a decent profit.

The overdraft thing could also be misleading as many profitable companies run an overdraft for cashflow purposes. It could also mean that they're ****ed but I wouldn't read too much into it without knowing what the actual figures are

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I just think he means compared to how it was when he was here last - throwing his former directors under another bus and restating their part to blame for the current predicament.

They own nothing else, their players actually have 50% wage reductions if relegated in their contracts and those that don’t want to stay and get them back up on half money will be sold.

I don’t think it’s the picture of doom as such just a CEO getting his ducks in a row that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If everything is so bad then why have they made a profit or am I missing something?

'Although the club's accounts filed up to June 2017 showed pre-tax profits rise to £39.7m from £1m, Jenkins has warned that West Brom's finances need rebuilding.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here