Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] American ALT-right blogger refused entry to UK

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Its not ok. However, what benefit would they be by having an interview with Tommy Robinson? An interview they could and did hold in Austria, or could have done via the internet. Do you believe that every undesirable on the planet should be allowed in on the basis of people getting through the net?

I believe in free speech and believe that if a harmless independent journalist wishes to interview Tommy Robinson they should not be refused entry due to her desire to interview Tommy.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I believe in free speech and believe that if a harmful independent journalist wishes to interview Tommy Robinson they should not be refused entry due to her desire to interview Tommy.

Free speech? There are documented pieces of her 'free speech'. Do you mean hate speech?
She could of course gone directly to Quillan organisation. Strange they didnt.

ps..your Freudian slip was noticed :lol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I believe in free speech and believe that if a harmless independent journalist wishes to interview Tommy Robinson they should not be refused entry due to her desire to interview Tommy.

I don't think she should have been let in. Like I joked about earlier. This is us being tough on immigration. Why do you care some much about this American coming over trying to cause a stir?

I don't think many of the people who are outraged at this would be so outraged if a hardline muslim blogger was coming here to interview a conservative Imam with a chequered past.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

We’ve got our borders back remember! We can turn away who we like.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Exceptional (well maybe not) manipulation.

An applicant was allowed entry after an in depth interview and assessment (one small part of which you choose to select to suit yourself). Certainly a bad decision with 20/20 hindsight. Many others in genuine need are rejected for every one, right or wrong, accepted.
Not exactly a trumpeted from the rooftops, roll out the red carpet and the band hoorah that you pretend to but in your world it'll do I guess.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Dear Tommy. So good they named him....................... several times.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Amazing how they stop a 22 year old and a 25 year old under section 7 of the terrorism act and rascism act (if though a religion is not a race) and allow 400 jihadis walk through customs without blinking. It is also amazing how our countries establishment does nothing to protect our children from grooming gangs up and down the country and suddenly gets offended when homophobic comments are made about a religion in Luton. The irony of it all.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
do you genuinely think i dont know that ?

It wasn't a post of yours I was responding to.

Plenty of people do confuse these things, and I am not getting annoyed about it. I wasn't exactly doing this in a fit of rage.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It wasn't a post of yours I was responding to.

Plenty of people do confuse these things, and I am not getting annoyed about it. I wasn't exactly doing this in a fit of rage.

you stated that you would point out to alfred mizen that you can be asian without being muslim , i am asking do you really not think i know that ? its irrelevant whether you were responding to a post of mine.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
you stated that you would point out to alfred mizen that you can be asian without being muslim , i am asking do you really not think i know that ? its irrelevant whether you were responding to a post of mine.

I answered too hastily, presuming you were responding to the "denomination" bit, and forgot I had made the other comment.

No, I didn't think you didn't know that. It's just that any Muslims I know abhor what has gone on in the sort of case this is about, and you seemed to be the main person making the point about Asian/Muslim.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Overton window.

I don't see how the concept of the Overton Window mean that the tories are left of centre. With accusations that the window has moved to the right for UKIP and Trump and left for Saunders and Corbyn I don't see how this is affecting the UK Conservative party who appear to me to be going about things in the way they always have.

Could you add some more information to your explanation?

Jan 30, 2008
Really, a load of fuss about feck all isnt it. A couple of foreign political agitators who want to boost their youtube income have been denied entry to the country. Good. What do people crying about it feel they have lost out on exactly?
no one's said they're losing out on anything:yawn:
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really, a load of fuss about feck all isnt it. A couple of foreign political agitators who want to boost their youtube income have been denied entry to the country. Good. What do people crying about it feel they have lost out on exactly?

It's the emboldened right. After they scraped through an undemocratic referendum they now feel that anything that is anti- liberal, far right or in this stupid Canadian woman's case or this angry teenager type ,Tommy Robinson character just plain antagonistic, should have carte blanche to ride roughshod over the laws of our land and if spoken up against should be shouted down with cries of undemocratic behaviour and whining about not being able to say anything when in fact they never shut the **** up.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Your time machine needs readjusting and you should read carefully any links you comment on.

The news is from 16 months ago. All Mosques cancelled his visits.
Can you supply the link that shows all mosques cancelled his visits ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here