Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So.....

-silent on handing season ticket to a mate (so would take this to mean they’ll still turn a blind eye to this, but can’t freely allow it/condone it)

He says whatever happens, the STH is accountable. So if you lend it to a mate and he acts like a darsh (or sells it on to an away fan, etc) , you will be the one who suffers. Seems fair enough.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Interested to see that Everton/StubHub seem to allow you to set he price. I understood that tickets for sports events could not be sold above face value - that's touting.

If you can, then I imagine a lot of people buy Everton season tickets purely to make a profit selling the ticket for each game. And that's bad for real fans on the waiting list.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Splitting hairs over a few quid in my opinion there. There would be a mathmatical way of working out % difference of price category's and how many games in each category but tbh anyone doing that needs to get out more. I meant the easiest way is just % by 19 or 23 etc.

It is splitting hairs, but that is how the club work it out if you want to upgrade the ticket. The point I was making was you can't actually say you've advertised your ST at face value, because unlike a match day ticket, it doesn't have one, it's just how you decide to work it out.

There is still one glaring question that PB has not addressed about the ticket exchange.

Yes, I’m sure we all get and understand why tickets can’t be offered for resale until it’s a sellout.
Yes, there is no point having the ticket office make exchanged seats available early doors, in case it does not sell out

But..... WTF are STH not invited to let the club know NOW what games they cannot go to? Not just Leicester or the next one, but the whole season if necessary.

Some will have had holidays booked months in advance and by the time the club eventually have made it possible to list your ticket, you could either be at the top of Etna, being pulled around the Caribbean on a banana boat or suffering a week long hangover in Benidorm.

The other advantage to the club is that the moment it does indeed sellout, the club will instantly have a meaningful number of tickets that can be made available at once, rather that one’s or two’s coming in ad hoc after the exchange has been launched. I would have also thought it would be less time consuming for staff to make a number of tickets available in one hit than have them come available and then be offfered for sale in dribs and drabs.

We all agree the current Survey Monkey exchange is a joke, but if it’s the best we have then changing to the above policy will at least make the most of it, benefit both fans selling and buying the most and the club too. What’s stopping this happening?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
There is still one glaring question that PB has not addressed about the ticket exchange.

Yes, I’m sure we all get and understand why tickets can’t be offered for resale until it’s a sellout.
Yes, there is no point having the ticket office make exchanged seats available early doors, in case it does not sell out

But..... WTF are STH not invited to let the club know NOW what games they cannot go to? Not just Leicester or the next one, but the whole season if necessary.

Some will have had holidays booked months in advance and by the time the club eventually have made it possible to list your ticket, you could either be at the top of Etna, being pulled around the Caribbean on a banana boat or suffering a week long hangover in Benidorm.

The other advantage to the club is that the moment it does indeed sellout, the club will instantly have a meaningful number of tickets that can be made available at once, rather that one’s or two’s coming in ad hoc after the exchange has been launched. I would have also thought it would be less time consuming for staff to make a number of tickets available in one hit than have them come available and then be offfered for sale in dribs and drabs.

We all agree the current Survey Monkey exchange is a joke, but if it’s the best we have then changing to the above policy will at least make the most of it, benefit both fans selling and buying the most and the club too. What’s stopping this happening?

Paul Barber did cover the point about the current ticket exchange not allowing fans to pre-list season tickets for games they know they can’t attend well in advance. However, to reiterate:

- the current ticket exchange system is highly manual; following a fan’s completion of the survey monkey, every season ticket listed for re-sale is done so manually by a member of staff

- the pre-listing of season tickets for re-sale without knowing whether (a) the game will fully sell out, and (b) whether the ticket exchange will become operationally, is a very time-consuming and costly process

- furthermore, even if the club had the time and resource available to do it, the current ticket exchange system wouldn’t give the club easy visibility on how many tickets had been listed and, in any case, this wouldn’t influence the decision on when to open the exchange; it opens on sell out.

- a further issue with offering a “pre-list” facility is where a supporter’s plans change having already listed their ticket, and they then want to withdraw their ticket from the exchange for their own use. This would involve another highly labour intensive and time consuming process for staff, the capacity for which we just don’t have.

- the good news is that we are now very, very close indeed to launching the new system which provides far greater flexibility and will allow pre-listing as well as pro-rated cash rebates to season ticket holders and 1901 members; the exchange will however only become active once the stadium is sold out

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Paul Barber did cover the point about the current ticket exchange not allowing fans to pre-list season tickets for games they know they can’t attend well in advance. However, to reiterate:

- the current ticket exchange system is highly manual; following a fan’s completion of the survey monkey, every season ticket listed for re-sale is done so manually by a member of staff

- the pre-listing of season tickets for re-sale without knowing whether (a) the game will fully sell out, and (b) whether the ticket exchange will become operationally, is a very time-consuming and costly process

- furthermore, even if the club had the time and resource available to do it, the current ticket exchange system wouldn’t give the club easy visibility on how many tickets had been listed and, in any case, this wouldn’t influence the decision on when to open the exchange; it opens on sell out.

- a further issue with offering a “pre-list” facility is where a supporter’s plans change having already listed their ticket, and they then want to withdraw their ticket from the exchange for their own use. This would involve another highly labour intensive and time consuming process for staff, the capacity for which we just don’t have.

- the good news is that we are now very, very close indeed to launching the new system which provides far greater flexibility and will allow pre-listing as well as pro-rated cash rebates to season ticket holders and 1901 members; the exchange will however only become active once the stadium is sold out

Good to hear, thanks for the update

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
3 Arsenal fans in front of us. Whilst annoying, I wouldn't dob the regulars in.

Instead, there will be some finger wagging going on next home game.

I’d be doing more than finger wagging if that happened in front of me. Might not have gone too mad seeing we wer3 kicking their arses for 35/40 minutes in that first half. The thing is what if they were grinning or celebrating if Arsenal had been anything other than shi.te. It’s very naughty in my view, very naughty.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Re: an above point, PLEASE don't pass your tickets on to opposing supporters, even if they're mates. Have had them alongside me for 3/4 important games and it is ****ING annoying.
Thanks for the update on the exchange [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]. But on this point, can you enlighten us as to why away fans are not removed from home areas when it is clearly against the T&Cs? It does appear that Albion fans are penalised (rightly so) when infringing the rules, but away fans get away with it. If it was clear there was zero tolerance then over time, less would attempt to infiltrate or at least keep quiet.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I’m not saying it would be fisty cuffs - I do love that sketch anyway - but I would say if you are letting your tickets go them make sure they go to Brighton fans and not some ......... “Ooh yes I’ve always loved the Arsenal, every since my great uncle Herbert took me when Alex James was playing” type.
F...uck off out of there. See.......... now that’s hard.... ave it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The cash instead of vouchers will be very welcome. Having listed our two tickets and getting vouchers a few times my house is beginning to resemble the club superstore.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You would have thought this was the time to mention opening the ticket exchange, not just a side line halfway down the secondary click:-

[tweet]973248676188557312[/tweet]

The club really have to take a decent chunk of responsibility for this mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here