Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I assume you went to the game, and wasn’t scared / couldn’t be bothered like thousands of others
?
Hopefully you’ve obtained a ticket for Coventry, where once again you can orchestrate hundreds of your fellow fans in Brighton classic songs.
Wemberlee Wemberlee

The 2015/ 16 season FA Cup 3rd (or 4th maybe) your replay against Bolton, remind me, what was the home crowd? It must have made the 12000 you use to get in the Championship seem like a capacity.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I assume you went to the game, and wasn’t scared / couldn’t be bothered like thousands of others
?
Hopefully you’ve obtained a ticket for Coventry, where once again you can orchestrate hundreds of your fellow fans in Brighton classic songs.
Wemberlee Wemberlee

Everything alright at home?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I think both Brighton and Palace will stay up relatively comfortably but, as a neutral, I have to say Palace (like Burnley) have had a cruel spate of injuries to key players - more than their fair share.

From the outside looking in, the Seagulls have not lost many key players for really long spells - I don't count Sidwell as a key player any more.

Swansea have just had a double setback with Bony & Fer, but I think they will also stay up.

I would be very worried if I was a Huddersfield supporter and quite concerned if a Stoke or West Brom fan. But things can quickly change for the better as both Bournemouth and Swansea have shown recently (both with SIX points against Top Six teams).

Personally think we are in huge danger now. The depth in quality is just not there. Board have taken a gamble on recruitment and has come home to roost pretty much as soon as the window slammed shut.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
No doubt that Zaha's absence will be a huge setback but I still don't think it will be enough to put them in the bottom three at the end of the season.

Of course it's a bit of a lottery and any one of about 10 teams could be relegated but I suspect Hodgson's canniness will keep them safe.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally think we are in huge danger now.The depth in quality is just not there. Board have taken a gamble on recruitment and has come home to roost pretty much as soon as the window slammed shut.

5 years in the Premier League, what a DAMNING indictment. Absolutely shocking that you can have 10 transfer windows AWASH with all that PL cash, plus that investment from the yanks. Yet CPFC2010 invest nothing in the stadium, nothing in the academy, nothing in the training ground, and end up with a squad that is falling apart at the seams and has become solely reliant on one player to keep your heads above water.

What an utter, utter shambles.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
5 years in the Premier League, what a DAMNING indictment. Absolutely shocking that you can have 10 transfer windows AWASH with all that PL cash, plus that investment from the yanks. Yet CPFC2010 invest nothing in the stadium, nothing in the academy, nothing in the training ground, and end up with a squad that is falling apart at the seams and has become solely reliant on one player to keep your heads above water.

What a shambles.
But we're not allowed to talk about it, as it makes the thread too long, which presumably makes us the laughing stock of football?

Oct 25, 2003
That’s the price you’ll pay for having a few good quality., super high earners mixed in with some very average players in a poorly balanced squad

Basically if ANY of those high earners gets injured you’re a bit ****ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
4,520 posts on a rival forum. :facepalm:
Exactly this. Must be a full kit, full fat Palacette.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
?
Wemberlee Wemberlee
You are a very odd person. You believe in the old adage that if you spout the same shit enough even you begin to believe it's the truth.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Also ironic that the one player in question was produced by their academy. The academy that they kept going when in administration as it was key to their business model, but that they abandoned any ambition for once rolling in the Premier League cash. They must have needed all of that money to make millionaires out of players, managers, agents and their car dealers and bookmakers.

Surprising that such short-termism has gone virtually unmentioned by fans who make banners about being "Against Modern Football." Could you imagine how much fuss Brighton fans would be making if our club was being run this way? There are probably more threads on here moaning about chip forks and car-parks than there are on any of their boards raising the lack of stadium development or youth investment.

Maybe they will start asking questions when Palace do eventually drop. It probably won't be this year for them, but it will come eventually to everyone bar the super-rich.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013

Training ground has been hugely invested in and stadium application has been submitted with funding ring fenced so incorrect. We are also right up there in terms of wages. We have a left back that cost more than your record fee striker. All significant investment. We have had horrific luck with injuries any team would suffer. But we had a window to do something about it and we didnt thats the issue.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
?
Wemberlee Wemberlee

Why this slight inference that Palace fans frighten us old git, sorry Se20?

If you are proud that the billy boys injured a steward and lit some party crackers then do say so. Come on declare your colours.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Training ground has been hugely invested in and stadium application has been submitted with funding ring fenced so incorrect. We are also right up there in terms of wages. We have a left back that cost more than your record fee striker. All significant investment. We have had horrific luck with injuries any team would suffer. But we had a window to do something about it and we didnt thats the issue.

How impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here