Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The football cow

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
..........and the top 6 are currently trying to get a bigger slice of the pie. :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So for those of you who think there's too much money in football, how much do you think there should be? How much should PL players get paid?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So for those of you who think there's too much money in football, how much do you think there should be? How much should PL players get paid?

If you set a cap on wages Trig, like some clubs have done, the agents will always offer their player to someone who'll pay the extortionate demands of wages?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There's a lot at "steak"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you set a cap on wages Trig, like some clubs have done, the agents will always offer their player to someone who'll pay the extortionate demands of wages?
Sure but I wasn't suggesting a cap or any other solution, simply asking what people that was a fair amount, instead of too much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sure but I wasn't suggesting a cap or any other solution, simply asking what people that was a fair amount, instead of too much.

Would 2k a week do? Not bad money for playing football for a few years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry chap.
Ball park figure for a PL English striker, £100,000 p/w :shrug:
That's what you think they should get?
Would 2k a week do? Not bad money for playing football for a few years.
It's quite out of place with others in the entertainment industry, like actors, musicians, and even presenters. And it takes no account for the shorter career than the other examples I've given.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I think part of the issue is the disparity between the PL and the lower leagues (for example, the Championship) which is getting bigger with each new tv deal.

It's this gap in incomes that's the issue imo, and it would be interesting to do a comparison between the 2 figures for every season since the PL began to see how it has changed and it's not necessarily how much they earn in the PL or how much players get (providing the clubs can afford it and not putting their futures on the line through accumulating debt)

It's incredible to think that there are clubs who are losing money on £100m+ incomes a season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here