Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Respectfully, the lower east isn't really a Brighton end and never has been. You could compare it to the neutral side of the Putney end. I'm sure there are scatterings of true albion fans in there but they are at least equalled by people like this kid and his dad, or worse.

They pay just the same as any of us and I welcome that they do, though I would prefer a smaller capacity with a more passionate and boisterous crowd but these people are getting priced out and banned. Having been in this stand myself, it was one of the most soul-destroying experiences I have ever willingly subjected myself to and would give up going to the football if I had to be in there every other week.

You make a very good point. The East Stand has a weird vibe to it. I have sat there twice with my lads and we've hated it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
He can support whomever he chooses but home fans go in the home end and away fans go in the away end. If you're an away fan in the home end then you should show some respect to the home fans around you and keep schtum. That lad's dad didn't.

These aren't new-fangled rules. They are very well-established and long-standing.

Also rather disappointingly was a number of other fans around that rear clapping him ffs!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’ve got tickets in the East Lower for the Swansea match, I decided to get tickets there so I could shout at the away fans. Hopefully someone will smash Ayew out of the game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You make a very good point. The East Stand has a weird vibe to it. I have sat there twice with my lads and we've hated it.

I know at least 3 people that sit in the east, they are all weird.....

ESL is a strange old place. E1A and E1B are family stand, and you do get your 'sit down I can't see us take our penalty' crowd, leave on 85mins no matter what is going on, and Dads who'd rather be in the North, but are in there for their kids. You then have E1C which is a varied mix and occasionally rain down abuse to the linesman or opposing players. E1D to E1F is a sit as close the the halfway line as possible crowd, with blankets, flasks and limited vocal involvement. E1G and E1H (where this kid was) tend to be most of our guest tickets and general sale allocations, so mixed bag as to who you get in there. It is a funny old place.

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
"Harry Kane can i please have your shirt" A cardboard placard held up at Stains on Sky just now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm old school, I don't like it very much either, but before any further accusations are made I think that the perpetrators involved should be found and hauled up in front of the NSC discipline committee (any suggestions) to find out exactly what the situation was and who they support.
If they were all Brighton fans then they should all be sentenced to a week in the company of HB&B.
They won't do it again.

Not that old school. Old school is when fans weren't segregated. In 1967 I was on the East terrace at the Goldstone with Brighton & Chelsea fans.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
"Harry Kane can i please have your shirt" A cardboard placard held up at Stains on Sky just now.

So we’ve started something truly truly horrible

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
ESL is a strange old place. E1A and E1B are family stand, and you do get your 'sit down I can't see us take our penalty' crowd, leave on 85mins no matter what is going on, and Dads who'd rather be in the North, but are in there for their kids. You then have E1C which is a varied mix and occasionally rain down abuse to the linesman or opposing players. E1D to E1F is a sit as close the the halfway line as possible crowd, with blankets, flasks and limited vocal involvement. E1G and E1H (where this kid was) tend to be most of our guest tickets and general sale allocations, so mixed bag as to who you get in there. It is a funny old place.

That'd be me then lol! And there are plenty of others giving it some.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not that old school. Old school is when fans weren't segregated. In 1967 I was on the East terrace at the Goldstone with Brighton & Chelsea fans.

No not that old school, 1973.
But was on the East terrace enough times when there were plenty of away fans there who shouldn't have been.
Nice to see we are getting the piss ripped out of us by Southampton fans and Twitter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No not that old school, 1973.
But was on the East terrace enough times when there were plenty of away fans there who shouldn't have been.
Nice to see we are getting the piss ripped out of us by Southampton fans and Twitter.

I haven't seen one on Twitter apart from moaning from couple of our own fans. You can find mickey takes if you look for them, but I don't.

If you have to, see post #287 for 'revenge'.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

That'd be me then lol! And there are plenty of others giving it some.

And me :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He can support whomever he chooses but home fans go in the home end and away fans go in the away end. If you're an away fan in the home end then you should show some respect to the home fans around you and keep schtum. That lad's dad didn't.

These aren't new-fangled rules. They are very well-established and long-standing.

This, totally this.

This as well.

Also rather disappointingly was a number of other fans around that rear clapping him ffs!

And this.

So we’ve started something truly truly horrible

FFS

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
22B1407A-735E-40C8-923A-D4C7837D0C9F.jpeg :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here