Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday Drinking Thread

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Happy birthday BG. You are nearly catching me up. Hope the drinks with the lads goes well.

Something that will never happen catch up with you, but not sure how long it is as mum couldnt remember if my grandad took me to The Goldstone for my 2nd or 3rd birthday so it is either 72 or 73 years now and still going strong but only home games these days.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
IMG_4233.JPG 16 hour delay on flight back from Venice. Landed at Gatwick, straight down to Lewes for prematch beers. Wife carrying on back to Hastings alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
17.25 Flight back to Gatwick cancelled.

Stuck at Copenhagen Airport, steaming through the Carlsberg. (It's much nicer than the shite served up at home).

It’s funny that, as I was having this conversation with someone earlier. I’m a self-confessed beer snob and wouldn’t touch Carlsberg over here, and yet having done a number of stints working in Denmark over the last year or so I can confirm that the varieties of Carlsberg and Tuborg over there are genuinely really, really good.

Which begs the question - why don’t they just sell the same stuff in the UK?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It’s funny that, as I was having this conversation with someone earlier. I’m a self-confessed beer snob and wouldn’t touch Carlsberg over here, and yet having done a number of stints working in Denmark over the last year or so I can confirm that the varieties of Carlsberg and Tuborg over there are genuinely really, really good.

Which begs the question - why don’t they just sell the same stuff in the UK?
It's Carlsberg Export here isn't it? Still not as nice but not complete cooking lager like the stuff we get here called Carlsberg.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It's Carlsberg Export here isn't it? Still not as nice but not complete cooking lager like the stuff we get here called Carlsberg.

Nah, Carlsberg Export is still pretty terrible. They have a few different varieties over in Denmark including a dark one is delicious, but even the standard stuff is so much better than anything they sell in Britain.

I even brought a few cans of Danish Carlsberg back with me to see how it compared with Export and they were genuinely chalk and cheese in terms of quality. I guess they have a certain market over here that differs to their native audience.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bottle of red to calm the nerves

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rum now. Winners rum. Might be saying bye bye to a PB on Sunday but at least I'm saying HEEELLLOOO to three lovely points :drink:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Rum now. Winners rum. Might be saying bye bye to a PB on Sunday but at least I'm saying HEEELLLOOO to three lovely points :drink:

Good man.

This is now a saturdat drinking thread, shirley?

Still having an ICE cold punk, and playing guitar with my palarse neighbour. Life is great at times!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nah, Carlsberg Export is still pretty terrible. They have a few different varieties over in Denmark including a dark one is delicious, but even the standard stuff is so much better than anything they sell in Britain.

I even brought a few cans of Danish Carlsberg back with me to see how it compared with Export and they were genuinely chalk and cheese in terms of quality. I guess they have a certain market over here that differs to their native audience.

Danish ********. Can't blame them I suppose when so many people here choose to drink Carling.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good man.

This is now a saturdat drinking thread, shirley?

Still having an ICE cold punk, and playing guitar with my palarse neighbour. Life is great at times!

Indeed, Saturday drinking indeed, I have this week discovered this beauty, I recommend everyone does too.

5849d06ea411c28995ea989b0f6dd829.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit late to this but Friday started with a couple of Proseccos and a red in Cin Cin. Post match Harvey’s and as my early Saturday flight was cancelled I hit The Evening Star until closing , Brewdog until closing and finally left Bison at 2am. Had all sorts of lovely craft beers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here