Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Spurs were loud yesterday, they must have got about 100 returning supporters back from a small South London club. No idea where the drum has got to though.:ffsparr:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
'At Wembley we all saw the world class support we are capable of with the right set up. ' :laugh:

They really believe their own hype, don't they. Embarrassing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Garth Crooks misses them..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45620994

What on earth has happened to Selhurst Park? And where are the 'ultras' - the group draped in black on the top left hand corner of my screen going crazy every other week? What's happened to them - and more to the point, can I have them back please?

While Roy Hodgson and, it would seem, the Crystal Palace board have been consumed by the extension of Wilfried Zaha's contract and how many times the forward is fouled, the most important element of the club's recent success has been overlooked. The atmosphere generated by the relatively small, but extremely vocal group of fans who bring matchdays at an otherwise antiquated ground alive.

Whatever the reasons behind the dispersal of the 'ultras', the club's executives and this set of fans need to come together and resolve their differences in the best interest of the team. Crystal Palace's season is slowly coming apart at the seams and the team needs them.

Professional football is nothing without the fans and this small pocket of supporters - who can be high maintenance, mischievous, effective and highly entertaining all at the same time - must not be dismantled for the sake of politeness or other people's delicacies.

I want to see my screen jumping again when I'm watching Palace. I know the players miss them. In fact, damn the players, I miss them.

... where to start :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Garth Crooks misses them..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45620994

What on earth has happened to Selhurst Park? And where are the 'ultras' - the group draped in black on the top left hand corner of my screen going crazy every other week? What's happened to them - and more to the point, can I have them back please?

While Roy Hodgson and, it would seem, the Crystal Palace board have been consumed by the extension of Wilfried Zaha's contract and how many times the forward is fouled, the most important element of the club's recent success has been overlooked. The atmosphere generated by the relatively small, but extremely vocal group of fans who bring matchdays at an otherwise antiquated ground alive.

Whatever the reasons behind the dispersal of the 'ultras', the club's executives and this set of fans need to come together and resolve their differences in the best interest of the team. Crystal Palace's season is slowly coming apart at the seams and the team needs them.

Professional football is nothing without the fans and this small pocket of supporters - who can be high maintenance, mischievous, effective and highly entertaining all at the same time - must not be dismantled for the sake of politeness or other people's delicacies.

I want to see my screen jumping again when I'm watching Palace. I know the players miss them. In fact, damn the players, I miss them.

... where to start :facepalm:

It's just the continuation of the world's realisation that the "best football atmosphere in the world ever (tm)" was being created by 100 or so blokes and, without them, the 20,000 or so others at Selhurst Park have no idea how to support their team.

It must be utterly embarrassing for them to be exposed quite so blatantly as this.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I am loving all these names you lot are making up. They truly are hilarious. I wish I could be part of it, so I could rush back on here and we could all laugh and congratulate each other. Oh what fun it would be.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am loving all these names you lot are making up. They truly are hilarious. I wish I could be part of it, so I could rush back on here and we could all laugh and congratulate each other. Oh what fun it would be.

I guess it's a handy diversion for you, taking your mind off the fact you have 20,000 fans or so with no idea how to make an atmosphere nor support your team.

I'd probably be clinging onto the same thing as you right now too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here