Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just take it one day at a time. And the saying of every day may not be good but there's something good in every day is one of my motto's that I say to myself every morning. It's so hard to get my family to understand when I'm going through a low spell.

Belatedly, I have to say, great advice. Going through a low, literally take each day at a time, and give yourself something to look forward to each day. It might be to watch a movie or tv prog in peace, a long relaxing bath, quality time with your pet or family, a comedy, gardening, meditation, or even an Albion match!

In those spells, don't worry about the big picture negative news such as ISIS, terrorism, the environmental damage or party politics. It might even be that the form of the sports team you love is getting you down. Tune out of national and international news, which we are now drip-fed 24-7.

Concentrate on things you can control.

In the medium term, I'd personally always advise leaving a job, which is making you unhappy and/or you work for an unpleasant boss. Money permitting.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I want to bring this to a public forum, a big one, this is a big forum. Yes I have mental health problems. Can anyone else admit to it?

Hi [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] how are you doing these days :wink:
I'm looking forward to the new PL season to start, with all the anxt' that comes with supporting the Albion.
It's going to be a lot different to the Championship, in respect to more refined opposition defences to conquer.
MOTD is going to be a godsend, instead of relying on the nano second of highlights that C5 used to muster.
:thumbsup::cheers:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hi [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] how are you doing these days :wink:
I'm looking forward to the new PL season to start, with all the anxt' that comes with supporting the Albion.
It's going to be a lot different to the Championship, in respect to more refined opposition defences to conquer.
MOTD is going to be a godsend, instead of relying on the nano second of highlights that C5 used to muster.
:thumbsup::cheers:

Hello mate, well firstly I hope I can afford it, things have seriously nosedived in the past year.
Secondly, and if I can keep my ST, seriously looking forward to playing the top clubs and getting the global coverage.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hello mate, well firstly I hope I can afford it, things have seriously nosedived in the past year.
Secondly, and if I can keep my ST, seriously looking forward to playing the top clubs and getting the global coverage.

I'll be trying to get to all the London games, makes it easier having work colleagues and neighbour's who are fans of said London clubs.
Definitely got the Watford away game covered, working on the Spurs game at Wembley, just need to swap shifts.
Having said that Sky will probably doing their trick of moving games to suit :angry:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll be trying to get to all the London games, makes it easier having work colleagues and neighbour's who are fans of said London clubs.
Definitely got the Watford away game covered, working on the Spurs game at Wembley, just need to swap shifts.
Having said that Sky will probably doing their trick of moving games to suit :angry:

Love to go back to Watford to see the new stand. Really like their ground. If I don't get a Wembley ticket I shall be throwing my toys out of the pram! I'm not big on going away, but any of the London clubs would be great, never been to Old Trafford, been to the rest, so maybe a 'top six' away games would complete that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Love to go back to Watford to see the new stand. Really like their ground. If I don't get a Wembley ticket I shall be throwing my toys out of the pram! I'm not big on going away, but any of the London clubs would be great, never been to Old Trafford, been to the rest, so maybe a 'top six' away games would complete that.

It looks quite good as stands go.
Better now than that ram shackled mess they had a few years back.
Not sure if you were there then, was the day that John Salako was getting grief off the Albion fans :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It looks quite good as stands go.
Better now than that ram shackled mess they had a few years back.
Not sure if you were there then, was the day that John Salako was getting grief off the Albion fans :lolol:

No, I spent a lot of time away from pro football running Angmering FC, and later being on the East Preston FC committee, so I took a lot of time out from Brighton. I'm catching up on it now!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No, I spent a lot of time away from pro football running Angmering FC, and later being on the East Preston FC committee, so I took a lot of time out from Brighton. I'm catching up on it now!

Ah the days of local football.
I sometimes go and watch Wealdstone FC play, if I'm really lucky I get a glimpse of that lunatic, the Wealdstone raider :laugh:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ah the days of local football.
I sometimes go and watch Wealdstone FC play, if I'm really lucky I get a glimpse of that lunatic, the Wealdstone raider :laugh:

Ha!! Best days of my life were county football, playing, managing and running clubs.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I think I might do but they seem to come and go in a pattern. They went between February and May and have come back with a vengeance this month. This has happened for the last few years. If they do follow the last few years they'll go in Mid July then come back in October then go, and then come back in February next year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think I might do but they seem to come and go in a pattern. They went between February and May and have come back with a vengeance this month. This has happened for the last few years. If they do follow the last few years they'll go in Mid July then come back in October then go, and then come back in February next year.

Hang in there my friend, I have no idea when I'm going down, it just happens. If you have a good idea it may be worth speaking to someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here