Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
anyway...here is the real problem

This in spades
probably deserves its own thread

I wonder when those in power will acknowledge the elephant in the room.....we are simply too many.....we are eating up resources faster than we can mine or farm them.
Population increase cannot continue at the same rate it has done over the last 100 years

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This in spades

I wonder when those in power will acknowledge the elephant in the room.....we are simply too many.....we are eating up resources faster than we can mine or farm them.
Population increase cannot continue at the same rate it has done over the last 100 years

I think we can all agree on this. Many changes need to be made to the way we operate .

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
This in spades

Wow. Congratulations, we here on North Stand Chat have just managed to solve global warming, international terrorism, and the destruction of our planet from multiple threats.
All we have to do now, is to get the world's leaders to subscribe to this site and point them to this thread. Simple, wasn't it?

Of course, we then have a few minor issues to come to terms with, such as how to enforce Communist China's one-child policy here in the UK and around the world. Perhaps we can go back and ask some of the older Communist leaders about how to set up a State apparatus to support and enable that?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And here is the problem. There are too many humans in the world and the distribution is unbalanced. Some countries have too few. For example the U.K. Who don't have enough young people to sustain it's elderly population. This is where immigration plays a vital role.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wow. Congratulations, we here on North Stand Chat have just managed to solve global warming, international terrorism, and the destruction of our planet from multiple threats.
All we have to do now, is to get the world's leaders to subscribe to this site and point them to this thread. Simple, wasn't it?

Of course, we then have a few minor issues to come to terms with, such as how to enforce Communist China's one-child policy here in the UK and around the world. Perhaps we can go back and ask some of the older Communist leaders about how to set up a State apparatus to support and enable that?

Generally, problems have more than one solutions.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And here is the problem. There are too many humans in the world and the distribution is unbalanced. Some countries have too few. For example the U.K. Who don't have enough young people to sustain it's elderly population. This is where immigration plays a vital role.

We don't have too few people, but we do have an ageing population, if that's what you mean.

The population of the UK is relatively stable, or at least increasing slower than many other places (if you exclude immigration).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

prrft....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course, we then have a few minor issues to come to terms with, such as how to enforce Communist China's one-child policy here in the UK and around the world.
Why do we need to do that? What's wrong with about 11 billion people on the planet?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The Grand Canyon & the entire world population:

article-2617559-1D7AFA0B00000578-633_964x541.jpg

I find it hard to believe that there isn't room enough on this planet for all of us to be honest, yes we need to sort out how we use resources, but I don't accept the idea that there are too many of us, and I find the proposed "solutions" to that "problem" to be pretty ugly.

How about we talk about using human innovation to increase our resourcefulness, before we start talking about having less humans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I find it hard to believe that there isn't room enough on this planet for all of us to be honest, yes we need to sort out how we use resources, but I don't accept the idea that there are too many of us, and I find the proposed "solutions" to that "problem" to be pretty ugly.

How about we talk about using human innovation to increase our resourcefulness, before we start talking about having less humans.

look at how much land you need to sustain say a median first world person. the estimates vary wildly depending, but dont think you'll find one less than 1/4 acre (assuming vegetarianism is the norm). 6billion people would require about 2.4m sq miles of land, about the size of Australia. thats fertile, well maintained and efficiently farmed. world population is ok all the time we keep the third world there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
look at how much land you need to sustain say a median first world person. the estimates vary wildly depending, but dont think you'll find one less than 1/4 acre (assuming vegetarianism is the norm). 6billion people would require about 2.4m sq miles of land, about the size of Australia. thats fertile, well maintained and efficiently farmed. world population is ok all the time we keep the third world there.

No, I think [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] is suggesting we just dump the worlds population in the Grand Canyon and then start humanity again.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Grand Canyon & the entire world population:

article-2617559-1D7AFA0B00000578-633_964x541.jpg

if you cannot see the problem in a 1000% spike in the human population over the last 200 years extrapolated back over 20,000 years then i doubt it is worthwhile continuing a debate of any kind....is the moon made of cheese , do fish make the waves.....etc . etc.......

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
world population is ok all the time we keep the third world there.

Actually the opposite is true. The sooner we raise the living standards of the third world, the sooner population growth will decrease.

Basically, the more educated and affluent a population is (and in particular, the more educated that population’s women are) the fewer children you’ll get, per capita...The two studies do agree, though, that in the short term we’re headed for a huge uptick in population. Again, this will mostly occur in Africa, leading to a world population of about 9.4 billion by 2070, mostly in line with the UN’s predictions. However this new report argues that after 2070, the world population will plateau and eventually take a downturn, returning to 9 billion by 2100.

https://www.geek.com/news/the-education-effect-global-population-to-plateau-by-2070-1607645/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here