Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Day Thread ****

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There's none so blind as those who don't want to see.
You can see with your own bloody eyes that he's gash...Wether he's been picked by england or previous managers is irrelevant,he offers zilch and its but time we played quality like paddy,ince and texy etc who offer far far more than the golden boy can.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A reasonable half. Glad we started to look to match their hunger for possession as the half went on. There'll be threatening times in the second, but if we have a touch of confidence about us and continue to look to play some neat possession football with Bennett roaring down the left, then we'll have chances too. Paddy for the last 15 unless we're already 1-0 up and looking to hang on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd rather have a local but limited 20 year old still learning his trade in the starting line up, than an absolutely clueless labrador who is supposed to be a senior player.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
You can see with your own bloody eyes that he's gash...Wether he's been picked by england or previous managers is irrelevant,he offers zilch and its but time we played quality like paddy,ince and texy etc who offer far far more than the golden boy can.

Gash! I give up you are an idiot.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
First 3 minutes good; next 30, we were under the cosh, but defended well. A couple of mistakes in possession could easily have led to goals. Final 10 minutes we came right back into it. We're creating very very little going forward - 25 passes to the half way line then a hoof into... No one.

Not entirely sure where a goal is going to come from atm, but maybe get a 0-0?

McCourt for JFC?

Stockdale's played very well.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Yes much better to slag off a young Albion player we have brought through the youth
Set up. I despair at our supporters.

Slagging him off!.. Are you serious!. JEEZUS!. I was being critical of his lack of skills/Vision sometimes!. Whats' wrong with this new breed of albion supporters.!

Your behaving like your his mum or dad!.

Players get criticism in football!. Sometimes for good reason!.
JFC is a MAN, playing in the first team!. if he plays poorly, he will get criticized just like
anyone in any team!.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have now moved to the unlucky radio, sorry :down:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes much better to slag off a young Albion player we have brought through the youth
Set up. I despair at our supporters.

Why should that make any difference?

How old does he have to be before he can be criticised for his performances then?

D

Deleted member 22389

Can fault the display in that 1st half. Just need someone on the end of the ball to knock one in.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd rather have a local but limited 20 year old still learning his trade in the starting line up, than an absolutely clueless labrador who is supposed to be a senior player.

Indeed

And apart from fk I thought jfc looked good

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Usual harsh criticism of CMS i see, nothing new on NSC. Where is the support? where are there players he can lay the ball off to?

There arn't any Brighton players near him so no one-twos mpossible to buy space, no teeing up others for a shot possible and so on.

One example was when Stockdale found him from when he was at the half way line, he ran towards goal but all you could see in the camera shot was 7 forest players and just CMS for the Albion. Who would be able to do much there? CMS held the ball up and brought others into play (but a bad pass by a MF (can't remember who, gave possession away again)

Forest have numbers up and closer to their forward(s) than we do so it's unsurprising that they are looking more effective. We need to give CMS (or whoever is playing that role) more support, but that is always going to be a tough ask against a very good Forest side full of confidence.

Was Bennett's coss at the end of the half a good cross if it was impossible for a Brighton player to ever get on the end of it? It may have been in a good area but it's worthless if there is no-one to get on the end of it.

Also thought JFC was having a good game, plenty of good break up play being produced and good passing to the feet of our players.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Are you going to keep saying Labrador until one of your chums tells you how witty you are?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Watching the stream and it looks like either side can score on the counter attack , it could be one mistake that leads to 3 points.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Slagging him off!.. Are you serious!. JEEZUS!. I was being critical of his lack of skills/Vision sometimes!. Whats' wrong with this new breed of albion supporters.!

JFC is a MAN, playing in the first team!. if he plays poorly, he will get criticized just like
anyone in any team!.
New breed? I have been supporting the team since 1974 so get your facts right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you going to keep saying Labrador until one of your chums tells you how witty you are?

No I'm going to keep saying labrador until he stops running around aimlessly with his tongue hanging out, miscontrolling the football with his back to goal.

Are you his Dad or something?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

anyone in any team!.

The key word is IF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here