Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knowledge is POWER.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The first Victoria Cross awarded to a private in WWI was awarded to Sidney Godley from Sussex.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Thank christ people like you are on the case!Without types like you no one would know the truth that the modern royals have relatives who are German........which clearly makes them German!Well done!

You really do get bothered by the fact your British monarchy is German, don't you? Aren't you a little surprised Prince William and Kate were actually related, or is that normal to you?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No, because the Queen married Prince Philip (born in Greece of the Greek and Danish Royal families) their surname was Philip's adopted one of Mountbatten (after his mother's maiden name of Battenburg), but is now Mountbatten-Windsor. Technically, royal families don't have surnames. The Queen's ancestress, Victoria, married Prince Albert of the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. They married in 1840.

The royal families name before Windsor was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (German). The name was adopted by King George V in 1917 due to the negative German sentiment that was prevalent in the UK during and after the First World War.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You really do get bothered by the fact your British monarchy is German,

Place the queen as your starting point,now research her direct descendancy ,let me know at which point you find a German born relative and who it is.When you do this research,if you can be bothered to do it at all (or just accept what people tell you) let me know who you found it to be.

I put this to your mate Hybrid on another thread.....strangely enough he didnt get back to me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The royal families name before Windsor was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (German). The name was adopted by King George V in 1917 due to the negative German sentiment that was prevalent in the UK during and after the First World War.

apologies to everyone for getting sucked into a stupid argument with the resident wally(my opinion) and potentially ruining a great thread,

all royal family related german ideas can now go here on its own thread

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?296557-The-Official-The-Queen-Is-German-Thread

please take note thetruth

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Chicken tikka massala was invented in Glasgow.

bpgoll

Feb 28, 2014
The egg came before the chicken
w.png

Ok well :)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Only 3 members of the United Nations failed to ratify the UN convention on the rights of the child: South Sudan, Somalia & the USA

Baby Koalas are weaned on their mother's excrement. It is consumed directly from their mother's bottom in the form of a 'soup'

The Swahili word for coconut is nazi

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There is no other word in the English language that rhymes with Orange except the word Orange itself ! TA DA !!

Gorringe
Sporange
and, as [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION] pointed out, Blorenge

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There is no other word in the English language that rhymes with Orange except the word Orange itself ! TA DA !!

The only word in the 20-volume historical Oxford English Dictionary that is a perfect rhyme with orange is sporange, a very rare alternative form of sporangium (a botanical term for a part of a fern or similar plant)

Wrong so very wrong but nice try !

orange has half-rhymes too: the Oxford Rhyming Dictionary gives lozenge as a half-rhyme for orange

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Gorringe
Sporange
and, as [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION] pointed out, Blorenge

It cant be an identical rhyme as neither begins with O ha ha ha :D

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The best before date on any packet of crisps is always a Saturday.

The fruit Orange used to be called a Norange, which rhymes with Orange.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Silver does not rhyme with anything and Purple is a tough one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It cost more to make the cardboard box that Shredded Wheat comes in than it does to make the Shredded Wheat itself

A lethal dose of chocolate for humans is about 22lbs (or about 40 bars of Cadbury's diary milk)

At least 109 journeys between adjacent London tube stations are quicker to walk

Venus rotates so slowly on its axis that its day is longer than its year

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Prince William and Kate Middleton are actually related. They are 12th cousins once removed. How are they related? Sir Thomas Leighton is William’s 12th generation great-grandfather, and Kate’s 11th. The prince and kate’s wedding took place on April 29th, marking it Hitlers 66th Wedding anniversary.
The reason why the media doesn’t mention their last name is because “Windsor” the last name they adopted isn’t really the royal family’s name. Their former name was “Saxe-Coburg-Gotha”. And this was done to hide their German lineage, making the royal family actually Germans

Oh dear Lord.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here