Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total anarchy in Hastings for Amber Rudd

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The party said that Mr Chowney had agreed, amongst other pledges, that if elected he will support proposals for electoral reform and will oppose new runways at Heathrow or Gatwick.

Well good luck with that one Mr Chowney, Hillingdon Council and others have spent thousands in legal fees contesting the proposed third runway at LHR!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39519544

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The party said that Mr Chowney had agreed, amongst other pledges, that if elected he will support proposals for electoral reform and will oppose new runways at Heathrow or Gatwick.

Well good luck with that one Mr Chowney, Hillingdon Council and others have spent thousands in legal fees contesting the proposed third runway at LHR!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39519544

It's lip service just to get the Greens to agree though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see the Greens working hard on helping to get the Tories out where they can and make sure the majority isn't too large.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's fantastic isn't it......

:lolol:

I also see the Greens are working hard to help keep the few endangered Lib Dem MP's in employment.

With UKIP and the Greens deciding not to field candidates in the race for North Norfolk, the Labour candidate Stephen Burke says he's surprised at the Greens' decision to help the Lib Dems' Norman Lamb hold his seat.

Mr Burke said: "Particularly because of Norman Lamb's record - he's voted for fracking, for the sell-off of forests, the culling of badgers and for fox hunting...."

:facepalm:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
:lolol:

I also see the Greens are working hard to help keep the few endangered Lib Dem MP's in employment.

With UKIP and the Greens deciding not to field candidates in the race for North Norfolk, the Labour candidate Stephen Burke says he's surprised at the Greens' decision to help the Lib Dems' Norman Lamb hold his seat.

Mr Burke said: "Particularly because of Norman Lamb's record - he's voted for fracking, for the sell-off of forests, the culling of badgers and for fox hunting...."

:facepalm:

Anyone but the Tories.

Bit odd though, that one!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
391 people died from malnutrition in 2015. No-one died from not being able to pay their mortgage.

In 2015 nearly 200 homeless people died on streets in London alone. Now it's impossible to know how many of them were on the streets because their homes were re-possessed but being on the streets is what faces many people if they can't pay their mortgage. Add in deaths from suicides due to depression and feeling trapped, multiply up across the whole country and I'd think the figure might come close to the 391 dying from malnutrition.

I'm not in anyway diminishing the horror and shame of people dying in the UK due to a lack of food - I just think people are too quick to think not being able to pay your mortgage and risk homelessness is not comparable to having to visit a food bank.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I's nothing to do with being blinkered, I'm aware what a terrible problem we have with homelessness and how it causes no end of other problems however for you to equate mortgage problems with hunger shows you are either being argumentative, deliberately obtuse or are simply unaware of the "pyramid of need".

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs explains that what we need to survive and function is a hierarchical list whereby you cannot move on to a higher level without satisfying most/all of the requirements of the lower level.
For example you can survive 3 minutes without oxygen, then you die.
Once you have oxygen you can survive 3 days without water, then you die
Once you have water you can survive 3 weeks without food, then you die (3 months in my case being a lardy).

Owning property (which is what paying a mortgage is working towards) comes much higher up the pyramid.

maslows-hierarchy-of-needs.gif

I'm not a supporter of Maslow's theories but you seem to have missed that food and SHELTER are on the same level.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Property is above shelter and quite different.

Unless we're really suggesting shelter in the UK in the 21st century is the equivalent of a few poles and a plastic sheet I'd suggest shelter refers to houses / flats - property refers to the act of ownership be it a car, a phone or other goods.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Unless we're really suggesting shelter in the UK in the 21st century is the equivalent of a few poles and a plastic sheet I'd suggest shelter refers to houses / flats - property refers to the act of ownership be it a car, a phone or other goods.

In the context of not being able to pay your mortage on your house / flat vs buy food the former would be regarded as property / ownership related since failure to do so does not automatically mean you will be unable to find shelter.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here