Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he'll stay. He doesn't know it yet, hence it was a bit of a wave goodbye perhaps, but in the cold light of day, he'll weigh up 38 Premier League starts against more money but on someone's bench. In terms of remembering him, I've forgotten the equaliser from yesterday already. The double save against Wednesday will live with me forever.

I don't necessarily see this Chelsea move as being purely financial, or lacking ambition. Second fiddle at Chelsea comes with 15 games but also working with some of the best players in the world and working within a highly successful elite soorts organisation. I see this as a genuine career option for some. It's a bit like them domestique cyclists I guess; some of them spend all their career happily as a squad member.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Heard before the game that both him and Stephens had signed elsewhere. Certainly looked like it from his reaction at the end and his tweets this morning. A blow for us as he was one of those you would think could cut it at PL level but hey ho...

Heard from who? Derren Brown, Dynamo.....Gypsy Rose Lee???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Or Solly March narrowly putting it past the post.

It was a typical game of football. Things go your way, things don't go your way. To levy the result of 94 minutes of play on one person at one moment in time is madness to me.

This !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shame if he is going.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If he goes and that's a big if, I'd be more than happy for Maenpaa to be given a chance, might be on my own here but he's young, he's an international and has massive potential.

One thing is for sure, the football club very much see Walton as our number one in the coming years, just not sure that's going to be next season.

I was fearful when Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa left the club, one thing I'm confident about is the club have every scenario in hand and very rarely do they let us down.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If he goes and that's a big if, I'd be more than happy for Maenpaa to be given a chance, might be on my own here but he's young, he's an international and has massive potential.

One thing is for sure, the football club very much see Walton as our number one in the coming years, just not sure that's going to be next season.

I was fearful when Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa left the club, one thing I'm confident about is the club have every scenario in hand and very rarely do they let us down.

If we were still in the Championship I'd lean towards agreeing re: Maenpaa. One thing we know about next season, however, is that our goalkeeper is going to be busy. We need someone who we can guarantee will save us/gain us numerous points across the season.

32 isn't that young either! Would absolutely want him as No.2 with Walton out on loan at Top League 1 or Championship though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Suggesting getting promoted and staying put won't give him a life changing amount of money - IMO he already earns a life changing amount of money as do most footballers in the top two divisions - compared to normal working people
Obviously, but "life changing" is all relative - isn't it...? He might what to earn as much as possible out of football so that he is better able to do what he wants to by way of "giving back" after he retires...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Get back in your box. A rumour not signed in blood on a tablet of stone. What were you expecting an letter from Stockdale or something? Someone who works for the club, true or not true time will tell.

Thing is there are also rumours stating the exact opposite, at least in the case of Stephens.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Make of what you will but my daughters friend spoke with him last night, asked him if he will be here next season and he said "I don't think so".

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good luck to him, he deserves his chance to put himself and his family on the securest possible financial footing and we have a lot to thank him for.

At least we don't have to keep speculating, he's made it clear he is leaving with his Twitter post (good on him for that), so we can move on and find our No1 for next season

He's been a great a credit to our football club. The incredible double save vs Sheffield Wednesday was the pivotal moment of the season and he has played an absolutely key part of us reaching the promised land.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Obviously, but "life changing" is all relative - isn't it...? He might what to earn as much as possible out of football so that he is better able to do what he wants to by way of "giving back" after he retires...

I suppose when he is sitting on the river bank when he's 45 he could look back and remember how wonderfully warm and cosy the bench at Chelsea was and how he spent 10 minutes before each match having Costa and co smash shots at him, then he could maybe wonder what it would have been like to play 38 premier league matches and only have 8 cars on the gravel drive way.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Westwood, Pickford or Smithies please.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Lets hope your rumour is better than my rumour then! I think losing Stephens would be a disaster.

If Stephens is our number one midfielder in the Premier League we will be in deep trouble. His slowness of thought and play will get badly caught out. He may do as a second midfielder alongside a quality purchase in the ilk of Shelvey (not him obviously).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here