Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is the first time I've opened this thread. Great to see a thread about a tragic event has followed the usual pattern of turning into squabbling nonsense.

Well done everyone

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Feel free to chip in with something more worthwhile if you'd like to contribute and steer conversation on the right path, Because being smugly self-satisfied isn't a particularly pleasant character trait either.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
For f***s sake just read the f***ing article and THEN comment on it. So boring.

That did make me laugh, at first I thought it was humour, then I noticed you are serious.

Just for you, I will read it and report back ............................

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Because it demonstrates that this is not about Islam against the world. I think that IS want this to be about Islam V the west and the west V Islam they want to draw up the battle lines and drive a wedge through communities. The fact that the chap that stopped the bomber killing many more is a muslim shows that the line between the two sides is not where ISIS want it to be it is still where we want it.

FFS man! No one on this board has claimed it is Islam against the world, it is Islamic extremism against the world. Stop trying to win an argument that does not exist.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes of course, the majority of the Muslim world are all brain washed. I'll leave you here I think.

I can't help feeling that JFCFG has got a point here. The vast majority of muslims do not live in secular western democracies, where they are far more likely, if they wish, to read and hear a variety of views. The use of the expression "brain-washing" sounds rather dramatic, and conjures up pictures of determined killers etc, but in most muslim countries, I would think it very likely that the masses will only be fed one line, and one line only. Of course, that might not necessarily be that they should kill all infidels, but if one member of the family was to marry one . . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This is the first time I've opened this thread. Great to see a thread about a tragic event has followed the usual pattern of turning into squabbling nonsense.

Well done everyone

Just occasionally, we get posts like this. I really wonder about folk who wish to appear as so superior. Perhaps it is an attempt to hide some sort of personal inadequacy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't help feeling that JFCFG has got a point here. The vast majority of muslims do not live in secular western democracies, where they are far more likely, if they wish, to read and hear a variety of views. The use of the expression "brain-washing" sounds rather dramatic, and conjures up pictures of determined killers etc, but in most muslim countries, I would think it very likely that the masses will only be fed one line, and one line only. Of course, that might not necessarily be that they should kill all infidels, but if one member of the family was to marry one . . .

[tweet]666185933293776896[/tweet]

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
14 years of constant war but yet we're claiming it's down to brainwashing, hatred of other religions, Islam, Jihadi John, Terrorists, etc.

There's a generation of people soon to be entering adulthood who've never seen anything other than horrific war on their homeland. This is an issues so deep rooted in the minds of people from Islamic countries, it's soon going to be a massive worry for everyone.

I think it's time we start blaming war rather than terrorism.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just spent the time to read the posted article. Blimey - that's an eye opener on what they plan. A very good and thorough article. Very much recommended.

Same. I was listening to something where they went through what ISIS had put out there in their public statements and they have been clear enough on intentions and methods. This is not going to be easy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
14 years of constant war but yet we're claiming it's down to brainwashing, hatred of other religions, Islam, Jihadi John, Terrorists, etc.

There's a generation of people soon to be entering adulthood who've never seen anything other than horrific war on their homeland. This is an issues so deep rooted in the minds of people from Islamic countries, it's soon going to be a massive worry for everyone.

14 years! I think you need to go back further than that. The middle east has always been a hotbed. The Iran Iraq war, Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and that's before you bring in the conflicts with Israel.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes of course, the majority of the Muslim world are all brain washed. I'll leave you here I think.

Is it a coincidence most children follow the same religion as their parents then. Would you prefer the term indoctrination or even teaching?

Go on have a try. I would genuinely like to hear a cogent argument for tolerating the widely practised religiously inspired intolerance I gave as examples in my previous post.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Crusades anyone?

Read the article [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] posted. It's long but well worth your time. It will give you a fraction more understanding than you've communicated here.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Feel free to chip in with something more worthwhile if you'd like to contribute and steer conversation on the right path, Because being smugly self-satisfied isn't a particularly pleasant character trait either.

No smugness here. Rarely do I get smug about terrorst attacks, just found it a shame.

Have a very loose link to someone who may be caught up in all this. Thoughts with all involved.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thanks for posting. Really interesting reading. Well worth the time taken. If only some of the comments on here could be as well informed.

i read it ......a bit high brow for most i would have thought .....doesn't change my view one bit , there has been tribal war in in the middle east for thousands of years....we got involved to try and secure our supply of oil , i don't think anyone can deny that , we took a very valuable tract of land and gave it to the jews....nobody can argue about that........they have now brought terror into the heart of europe , not aimed at military or political targets but at unarmed , innocent civilians..........evaporate them i reckon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Interesting and I do not doubt what he is stating however if ISIS is destroyed will moderate Muslims and especially easily radicalised ones, not feel that it is an attack on Islam and form another extremist terrorist group much bigger, or will they accept that ISIS have been destroyed for the good of all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here