Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where You having your works Xmas party

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes! That's it! It's the Duxford one. That's why I fancy going because it's supposed to be a really good venue.

If you're remotely interested in planes - go. I think it's got the biggest collection of military and civilian planes in the country. It's a cracking place.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I work for a massive multi national company and the Sussex based staff (me included) are being treated to a Christmas dinner at Wetherspoon's at Brighton Marina. Lucky me!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Our gathering is on the 20th. I can't go as I'm at a beloved's wake.

In Wolverhampton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I work for a massive multi national company and the Sussex based staff (me included) are being treated to a Christmas dinner at Wetherspoon's at Brighton Marina. Lucky me!!

Actually, I quite like Jacksons Wharf.

I'd swap yours for mine any day. HATE trailing up to bloody London

#humbug

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've got free drinks and 'nibbles' at a bar in Brighton.

Will be opting out as no proper sit down meal, and as I'm driving, spending the whole evening with limitless crisps, orange juice and diet coke doesn't appeal.

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
None, working all through & zero tolerance for alcohol. So thank your lucky stars!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sort of Xmas party, really a dinner £20 of which paid by the company and the rest by us. The minnows in wadebridge on the Thames. Lovely food and good company, but just food really, no disco or entertainment.

The Mrs is out on the last day of term to an old opera house on the seafront by catlins Rock shop. I will gate crash when I go to pick her and a few others up...that is normally full of yummy mummy's.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
On a positive note I attended the Amex for the works Christmas 'do' last night and had a great time. Really good food, service, entertainment and great snooping around the corporate areas.

I will definitely vote to return next year. Well done whoever sorts all that side of the business out!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Amex Comedy Lunch of course.
Ditto, but not a work do, just a bunch of friends.

Work do is 2 days later at Hove Dogs, might try and skive off to Hove Town Hall where another party may be occurring, allegedly.......

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got to head into Worthing for mine. See it more as something to get through.

D

Deleted User X18H

On a positive note I attended the Amex for the works Christmas 'do' last night and had a great time. Really good food, service, entertainment and great snooping around the corporate areas.

I will definitely vote to return next year. Well done whoever sorts all that side of the business out!
I do hope you wiped your feet old chap .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had our Christmas dinner this week with the Dementia Support Group my wife attends. Went to a local pub instead of the normal venue and everyone remembered! Talk was of Christmases past and a bit vague on the here and now.........not entirely unenjoyable although with everyone on meds it was a pretty sober do.

Don't grow old folks :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here