Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most agonising pain?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Pneumothorax, for me. Each breath feels like a knife is being driven down through your shoulder into your chest.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sitting here with a raging toothache, waiting for the painkillers to kick in, the pain is ridiculous, tempted to pull the fooker out with some pliers!

Mine was similar to yours agravated slightly by a jalapeños from a kebab stuck in the tooth....

The wife found me at home punching myself in the head to take away the pain....

I was drunk, the pain was so bad we went to a back street dentist in a woolly patterned jumper near Oxford street in London, he litarally did pull my tooth out it was so dodgy I recall discussing it in the waiting room with the wife. The pain was so bad I went ahead and let him pull it out he actually had me in a head lock because it would not come out....

I actually have since been to a registered dentist and I told them all about it and all teeth fine I don't even have a filling, just a missing back tooth....

Pain was awful...

For those wondering why I did not go to a dentist, I had not registered or even been to a dentist since I was 15 as I had braces as a kid for a while I hated dentist.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Lower Back or suffering 6 months of Rheumatoid arthritis that really hurt . Walking around like an 80 year old was no fun.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Know that feeling

Sent from my 4027X using Tapatalk
Mine started as a spontaneous tension pneumothorax which they tried to fix with a needle, but only succeeded in causing a haemothorax instead.

It then took them 24 hours to figure out what had happened, at which point I was introduced to the joys of a chest drain for a few days - the feeling of a finger wiggling about in my chest cavity during the insertion will live with me until the day I die.

After removing said drain, they sent me home only for it to recur so it was back to hospital for a new drain, which ended up falling out one night and was seconds away from having a nurse ram it back in before a doctor or consultant or someone literally screamed at her across the ward that that would be rather less than a good idea.

Fun times, all in all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having a tooth drilled out. The dentist administered a local anaesthetic by injection prior to doing it.

The pain and horrific vibration of that drill echoing through my skull still haunts me now. Not having ever had a local anaesthetic at the dentist before, I'd assumed that was just how it was meant to be, and that obviously these things weren't that effective. I was clinging on to the chair with tears in my eyes for however long he took to complete the drilling.

It wasn't until several years later that I discovered the injection was meant to completely numb everything, and that evidently it had failed on that occasion.

FFS.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Whilst drawing with Boro is tempting, and I can't give a view in childbirth, I once had a serious ear infection - that really was so painful!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Done various things but last yr when I went to have wisdom tooth out and they got halfway through & then I said I could feel it... 8 injections or so later and I could still feel it... When those injections wore off - ****ing hell! Tears! Had to pop 3 or 4 tramadol that the Mrs had just to take the edge off - horrific!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Two very different pains. Snapped Achilles, it sounded like a gun being fired. About two years ago I woke in a bad pain. I spent two weeks in Hospital and it was given the title of chronic pelvic pain syndrome, it comes from an area of the prostate (they think). At its worst I was considering suicide . I had to give up work. With time things are somewhat better and the tablets help.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sliced my thumb open at work, that hurt but when I went to hospital to get it stitched they injected my hand to make it numb, and that seemed even worse.
Also had an injection in my forehead before stitches and remember that hurting more than the cut.

Lucky pain was only short term and nothing compaired to some of the posts in this thread.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Post operative haemorrhoidectomy pain. Took 8 hours to shit a malteser sized poo.

Bit too much detail but I fully empathise! :) Had an internal procedure in the "Southend" area many years back, under a local anaesthetic which (prepare to faint) hadn't fully kicked in before the surgeon got started. I still have nightmares about that. Apart from enduring prolonged and excruciating pain in what is an incredibly sensitive area there's also the added layer of psychological trauma given that most people find it all utterly hilarious a la "Carry On" humour and it's not exactly something one can share openly with friends and family in the pursuit of sympathy. Frankly, a pain in the a**e!

That was even worse than when I crushed two fingers in a hydraulic press in a furniture factory during a school holiday job, in pre H&S days. Oh, the wonders of child labour!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Recently put my lower back out. Agony. The sharpest crippling pain in lumbar region and shooting spasms up to the shoulders. Took 4 weekly trips to an osteopath before it finally relented. Doing alot of gym work now to get my core strength increased.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Having a swab poked down my japs eye down the clinic.
Having my prostate gland massaged in a doctors surgery on all fours with my arse up in the air.
Catching my four skin in my flies.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I thought it was an abscess in one of my teeth, that was until I had a kidney stone which made the abscess seem like a walk in the park. The pain, even though it was intermittent, was beyond excruciating and was combined with throwing up and sweating like crazy. The little bugger eventually passed naturally, which the doc had said would happen, and I made a point of extracting it from the toilet so I had a reminder of how something so small could cause such grief

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
1. burst eardrum..... rocking like a mentalist all night... nothing would touch the pain..
2. putting back out
3. post-emergency tonsilectomy... in total throat agony.. never had op before so was thinking that was how it was..... three days later and a doc trip to discover thrush infection n throat!!!!!!!!!!
4. this sunday..... shooting / tearing pains in my knee... sigh... still not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here