Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you watch these grim ISIS execution videos?

Do you watch ISIS execution videos?

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Anyone think they might be fake considering it's all done by amateurs?

Shouldn't we be questioning the producer of these videos like we usually do?

Or are ISIS really that powerful?
The editing and filming in the Isis latest video is anything but amateurish. Their newest one is something straight out of Hollywood.The level of detail is absolutely jaw dropping believe me. You are right about fakes. Plenty of them about like the American hostage Nick Berg who got beheaded. That's fake.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Can you explain what you mean about an "extension of the biblical era"?

In so far as if we jumped into the future say 2, 5 or as much as 10 thousand years and we look back at ourselves, we would be just after Jesus in the timeline, and we will be looking at the time the world was unsettled with events of biblical proportions. We are also still at the point of God worship which I consider a religious era.

It's more about how we will look back at and categorise these times in the context of written history.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The editing and filming in the Isis latest video is anything but amateurish. Their newest one is something straight out of Hollywood.The level of detail is absolutely jaw dropping believe me. You are right about fakes. Plenty of them about like the American hostage Nick Berg who got beheaded. That's fake.

That's suspicious to say the least.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In so far as if we jumped into the future say 2, 5 or as much as 10 thousand years and we look back at ourselves, we would be just after Jesus in the timeline, and we will be looking at the time the world was unsettled with events of biblical proportions. We are also still at the point of God worship which I consider a religious era.

It's more about how we will look back at and categorise these times in the context of written history.
We were burning people at the stake only a few hundred years ago. Same with Crucifixion. These practices went back hundreds of years ago. Why would events like these change in the future? Religion or power will see to this.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Not a chance.

I notice how the 2 people who voted yes haven't said why. [MENTION=25389]Jay Cartwright[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22488]Premiership Dream[/MENTION], why would you want to see them?

I don't actively seek the videos out.....however if one comes to my attention then I will watch to see how vile these terrorist are.....ignorance is bliss but we need to understand these people need dealing with ......Jordan have the right idea eye for a eye and a tooth for a tooth

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Are you including Youtube into that?

Doesn’t matter, youtube and other streaming sites are just a new medium for film.

I am sure most people have seen concentration camp clips where people were shot whilst standing in front of a grave. We have seen nasty Vietnam stuff, the JFK assisnation, and plenty blown up people over the last decade, and all part of TV documentaries and news. The point is if we didn't have film and photo's we would be ignorant. What ISIS are doing is shocking in the short term, but their videos are uniting the world against them. They think that these broadcasts will help their cause but it will have an opposite effect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The editing and filming in the Isis latest video is anything but amateurish. Their newest one is something straight out of Hollywood.The level of detail is absolutely jaw dropping believe me. ke.

Makes it even more disgusting

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I've been shown the Jordanian pilot one its awful, I wouldn't want to see it again , I also saw a still picture years ago of some bloke in Iran who'd been hung upside down and whipped and beaten mercilessly, it really upset me at how hopeless he must've felt his situation was , I actually felt I wanted to just hug the bloke and let him know that someone cares even though it wouldn't have done him any good.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
No, though a part of me its tempted, voyerism I supposed.

Though I get uncomfortable even watching fictional executions. The Tudors was one programme which was near the knuckle for me. Could watch the beheadings, but burning at the stake....no way.

Odd though, as centuries ago, public executions would attract crowds the size of what we see at football. I know these were "criminals" but goes to show that people were perhaps less squemish about watching death.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I always remember , I think it was from the Vietnam War where a soldier held a gun to another one's head and shot him. That was horrific, especially the 2 or so minutes afterwards.

That was shown, and is still shown on documentaries about the Vietnam was, as is the little girl with her clothes and skin burned off running away from her village that the Americans had just Napalmed.

The soldier shooting the other one in the head still haunts me and I must have seen it 40 years ago

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Though I get uncomfortable even watching fictional executions. The Tudors was one programme which was near the knuckle for me. Could watch the beheadings, but burning at the stake....no way.

Odd though, as centuries ago, public executions would attract crowds the size of what we see at football. I know these were "criminals" but goes to show that people were perhaps less squemish about watching death.

The opening scene last night where the chap was having his back broken by some contraption led to me turning that straight off.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
What ISIS are doing is shocking in the short term, but their videos are uniting the world against them. They think that these broadcasts will help their cause but it will have an opposite effect.

Is it not a case of them prodding a stick at the 'West' with these videos? What I mean is they want a military type reaction against them, so they can play the victim to garner more support, and posting these videos is their way of provoking that reaction as quickly as possible.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I always remember , I think it was from the Vietnam War where a soldier held a gun to another one's head and shot him. That was horrific, especially the 2 or so minutes afterwards.

That was shown, and is still shown on documentaries about the Vietnam was, as is the little girl with her clothes and skin burned off running away from her village that the Americans had just Napalmed.

The soldier shooting the other one in the head still haunts me and I must have seen it 40 years ago

see my post #59, i think. I share the same sentiment as you.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We were burning people at the stake only a few hundred years ago. Same with Crucifixion. These practices went back hundreds of years ago. Why would events like these change in the future? Religion or power will see to this.

I don't know if it will change in the future but with the way we have so much global media coverage the world is a witness to it. The only way we could understand the horrors of war in the past was when we personally acted in one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
see my post #59, i think. I share the same sentiment as you.

oops sorry. Yes it was that same thing. The film shows him falling and what comes out of his head...truly shocking

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They still do in certain countries. When I was working in Riyadh I was asked if I wanted to go and watch the weekly activity in 'chop chop square' (think it's always on a Friday).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here