Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would you start in goal against Watford?

Who would you start in goal against Watford?

• Ryan

Votes: 192 59.4%
  • Maenpaa

Votes: 131 40.6%

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maenpaa, because when HE has a shocker we can all have a go at him too.

Far too much positivity around young Nikki. We need to put a stop to that - like we have for the rest of the squad - pronto.

Never mind #Together, this season it's all about #Divided

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why do saps like you have a problem with a simple question? This is forum which means things are discussed and opinions are posted!!! Our new keeper isn't going to lose his confidence over a thread on NSC. If he does we have a big problem.

I guess i don't get the point of this sort of behaviour and think it's odd that some think that it will in some way help improve the team and the player by way of constant nick picking and attacks on them

If the fans had their way, we would never have seen the best of Stockdale as they would have forced him out of the club at the same time as Hyypia (these fans are also the ones that helped push Barnes out, deemed players like Sam Vokes as not even league standard and so on) Stockdale finally did well for us when the fans got behind him (probably thanks to his response to the Shoreham Air crash) and not when they were calling for him to go, stating he was a liability, etc and must go

I seriously question their judgement when it comes to players and i don't get why they want to cause damage to the club i love through this sort of behaviour? Their actions add nothing positive or beneficial to the club and are only likely to damage it (like Barnes deciding he wasn't going to sign a new deal and mean we had to cash in on him, and how much did their attacks on Stockdale contribute to his decision to go elsewhere rather than stay this summer (ie, personal / spiteful attacks about his family members, etc)

Can you explain how saying Ryan is too short and should be dropped asap and a new keeper brought in & so on helps us to get the best out of the player we (the manager, board and recruitment team) all deem to be good enough for us and the league we are now in, how being over critical of everything he does when all keepers (even the best in the world) do similar things at times, help us in any way?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Far too much positivity around young Nikki. We need to put a stop to that - like we have for the rest of the squad - pronto.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Maybe they would have started on him too if the Barnet player had scored rather than heading wide from a couple of yards out tonight, with the empty net to aim at following Nikki's (very decent) save which then unfortunately ended up presenting a golden chance to the opposition (which luckily they couldn't take)

After all, apparently Ryan's 'mistakes' were to have an unexpected & unfortunate Dunk bullet header fired near him from close range during the City match, and for the rebound from a save he made to be reached first by the Leicester player in the 1st minute (despite it not going very far from his body)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Jeez really on fence. Niki was great tonight. A few too many mistakes but don't think Ryan has been as bad as his critics say. Just shading it for keeping Ryan

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Together or divided, this happens every season. The correct English for this is actually Bed-wetting or Arse-licking.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Jeez really on fence. Niki was great tonight. A few too many mistakes but don't think Ryan has been as bad as his critics say. Just shading it for keeping Ryan

Once Ryan calms down, he'll be easier to judge. Most keepers do usually have shaky starts. If he's still a bag of nerves come October, then I will be concerned. Until then, it would be a bit stupid to already drop him. It would be like moving to a cool new place, buying a really nice house, landing your dream job, but deciding to leave after just a week because the place didn't feel like home.

DavePage

Sorry it has to be Ryan, Goalkeeping is a confidence thing as we all know, he’s had a shaky start, but like Stockdale before him he tends to parry the ball away. Luck more often dictates where the ball goes.
He does however catch more balls and shots than David.
Forwards are faster and more of a predator nature in the Premier League, it’s going to be be a fast learning curve, but let’s hope he makes it.
Nikki on the other hand has been extremely unfortunate not to keep the number 1. He has been a good servant to the club and may well get the nod in the end. Stockdale made some blinding errors whilst playing for us, they all do, but we only tend to remember the penalty saves and good bits.
Ryan is good until he loses the confidence of the guys in front of him, hopefully that will not happen.
The sooner we can pass the ball to any forward, no matter what his speed is, then the quicker we will relieve some pressure off our keepers

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ryan, without hesitation. He needs games and a vote of confidence. Which is exactly what Hughton will give him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Exactly this. I thought Maenpaa should have been given a run around October last year and I still think he deserves a shot. He has not let us down yet and must be wondering if he will ever be given a chance. On the other hand, Ryan needs to settle in and does not need his confidence totally ###xed. Sounds like I'm on the fence.....or marginally Maenpaa.
This is where I am.

BUT, I'd be amazed if CH made a change. It's not his way. I trust CH ergo I'll be content if we stick with Maty.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here