Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of signing a player with premier league experience ??

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agree. It's almost criminal to have gone three games in to the season with Murray and hemed

I don't like saying this to people, because it's rude.

You are stupid.

Unless of course you're about 15, in which case I understand and apologise.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That's just drivel though. It's not about the top 6 but the rest of teams. Please do bounce this as i think you have spectacularly got it wrong. Our approach to games in this league will virtually be 11 men behind the ball home or away no matter who the opponents are

Do you really think Hughton is going to set us up ultra defensive against every team? Really? Are you a secret Norwich fan?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Oooooohhhhhh, so you don't MEAN premier league experience then

You mean "was brilliant in the premier league"

Got it.

Tony and the recruitment team, if you're reading this, we need signings who were brilliant in the premier league. Hope that helps.

Thank **** we've sorted that out and found someone with a level head and some sound advice.

Right, let's start with Mahrez. Leicester recruited this bloke with BAGS of PL experience under his belt, now we need to recruit him from them. What are the chances? Someone send Tony a memo.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Like Kemy Agustien & Elvis you mean?!!!

Nobody on the football side of the club responsible for the wonderful Kemy is still here.

Elvis and perhaps Chuba are probably the only failures in terms of recruitment in the last 2 and a half years which now includes the purchase of
Kayal, Murray, Hemed, Knockaert, Zamora, Poco, Tomori, Bong, Duffy, Murphy, Sidwell, & Rosenior on a sensible budget and has resulted in a half season where relegation was safely avoided, promotion was missed by 2 goals and automatic promotion was memorably secured just a few months ago.

Tough to therefore argue that the recruitment team don't know what they're doing. But carry on if you must.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Nobody on the football side of the club responsible for the wonderful Kemy is still here.

Elvis and perhaps Chuba are probably the only failures in terms of recruitment in the last 2 and a half years which now includes the purchase of
Kayal, Murray, Hemed, Knockaert, Zamora, Poco, Tomori, Bong, Duffy, Murphy, Sidwell, & Rosenior on a sensible budget and has resulted in a half season where relegation was safely avoided, promotion was missed by 2 goals and automatic promotion was memorably secured just a few months ago.

Tough to therefore argue that the recruitment team don't know what they're doing. But carry on if you must.
Proving my point really , our best players were all those who have played football in this country ! Which is not what we're doing now .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Proving my point really , our best players were all those who have played football in this country ! Which is not what we're doing now .

Now even your English isn't making any sense ! Have we suddenly moved country ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I believe we have looked at players who have played in this country but decided that they were massively overvalued. Whether the gamble of signing players of ability but who lack Premier League experience and wait for them to accumulate that experience pays off remains to be seen. But we at least have a man of proven quality at gambling in charge.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
How well did he do then ??? When Bournemouth sold him how many other prem clubs wanted him? Murray is a quality championship striker and that's it .

That must be what led to him scoring that winner away at Stamford Bridge for Bournemouth then.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I believe we have looked at players who have played in this country but decided that they were massively overvalued. Whether the gamble of signing players of ability but who lack Premier League experience and wait for them to accumulate that experience pays off remains to be seen. But we at least have a man of proven quality at gambling in charge.
To be honest there is no right or wrong way but as long as we're 17th come may it will be right !

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

You see those FOREIGNERS come over here with our different shaped footballs struggling to control the damn thing. Completely different sport. Thats why premier league teams barely buy players from abroad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here