Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How high is your Albion mojo NOW

How is your Albion mojo on a scale of 1 to 10

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How anyone could be below 9 is beyond me. We are in the top division for the first time in three decades and have strengthened impressively on top of the team that took us up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
8 now . Buzzing for Saturday.

Was a 4 before latest flurry of signings but with us being in the media all week and now the signings I'm ready to go.

I've voiced concerns on here and am more than happy to be hopefully proved wrong

UTA

Gone from 6 to 7

Need to get Izquierdo over the line, and a striker in yet.

Me too. But fear not if we get clattered on Saturday everyone will be back to saying 5

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_0795.JPG

Well someone had to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Genuine question (to you and a fair few others on here): why didn't you trust those in charge of recruitment to make the right decisions for the club?

Have I suggested that I didn't trust them? I only remember questioning whether we would spend what we need to spend on a pacy striker to cover/ replace Baldock as we had failed to do that for the last two years. As far as I am aware we still haven't so come back and beat me up when we do :smile:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's a 9 for me.

....until Man City's 6th goal goes in. Then I might reevaluate to an 8.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A good 7.5 but a few beers pre match will raise it to 10

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have I suggested that I didn't trust them? I only remember questioning whether we would spend what we need to spend on a pacy striker to cover/ replace Baldock as we had failed to do that for the last two years. As far as I am aware we still haven't so come back and beat me up when we do :smile:

Not sure you did suggest that you didn't trust them, but there were many on here bemoaning the fact that we hadn't done all our business weeks ago.
RE Baldock cover/replace: I don't see the need; we're not going to play two up-front for much this season, so he doesn't need covering. What we do need is a rapid striker though, but one that can play up-front on his own (which Baldock can't). Still haven't got one of those, although Abraham and today's bid indicate that we are searching. With signing Jose, I'm slightly less concerned about the striker, and we may even be able to play with a false nine at times, but Murray will do a decent job for the first few games. I would rather see us get someone in to challenge -- or preferably supplant -- him though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure you did suggest that you didn't trust them, but there were many on here bemoaning the fact that we hadn't done all our business weeks ago.
RE Baldock cover/replace: I don't see the need; we're not going to play two up-front for much this season, so he doesn't need covering. What we do need is a rapid striker though, but one that can play up-front on his own (which Baldock can't). Still haven't got one of those, although Abraham and today's bid indicate that we are searching. With signing Jose, I'm slightly less concerned about the striker, and we may even be able to play with a false nine at times, but Murray will do a decent job for the first few games. I would rather see us get someone in to challenge -- or preferably supplant -- him though.

Baldock gives us another dimension and may well be good enough but he is so often injured that I think we desperately need cover/replacement for him. We need to be able to vary it imo and a player like that gives us more options. I disagree with you as you may have guessed and the club have really struggled to get a similar player in. Almost three years now.....I have no idea why it is proving so difficult. As you say Izquierda might prove to be the man?

That is my ONLY current gripe and even so I am very excited for the season, the club have done a great job recruiting...I think/hope.

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Haven't posted to this thread until now but my mojo has been around an 8 since April and it's neither gone up nor down.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Was 8, now 9, by this time tomorrow 9.5, Saturday morning will go way through the 10!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here