Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Club captain Bruno commented, "Regardless of the outcome of our final two matches, the players and staff want to say thank you to all of our supporters, young and old, wherever they sit in the stadium, by walking around the pitch after the match. If supporters are on the pitch, this will not be possible."

Manager Chris Hughton added, "I hope all our supporters will respect the wishes of the staff and players - and also our security staff, whose job it is to keep everyone in the stadium safe - by staying
off the pitch at all times, including the end of the game, regardless of how our season finishes."

We would like to ask all fans to respect this request of the club, staff and players, and also to work with our safety and stewarding staff at both remaining matches this season.

It's also important for us to point out that it remains an offence to enter the field of play, at any time, and this could result in arrest and exclusion from the stadium.

If we are in a position to celebrate, and with the prospect of Premier League football to watch, we really do not want to have the occasion spoiled in any way or to be in a position where we may have to issue bans to supporters for next season.

If Sir Chris says "stay off the pitch", then I'm staying off the pitch.

That and the fact that I'm at the top of the WSU.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If fans can't get on the pitch at the end of Bristol City game IF we do up, then I think it will leave a very sour taste with a lot of supporters.

Almost every club has a pitch invasion when it is promoted, we will look extremely 'tinpot' if we don't have one and will be righty abused all over social media.

Players and staff will do a lap of honour after the Wigan game no matter what, so a big 'F you' to the fans that are against a pitch invasion because they want to see the players do a nice little walk around the pitch.

Some people.

Really. A lap of honour after the Wigan game no matter what. Even if we lose at wolves and to Wigan and Huddersfield have won on Friday. Would seem an odd decision in what would likely be a subdued atmosphere

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If fans can't get on the pitch at the end of Bristol City game IF we do up, then I think it will leave a very sour taste with a lot of supporters.

Almost every club has a pitch invasion when it is promoted, we will look extremely 'tinpot' if we don't have one and will be righty abused all over social media.

Players and staff will do a lap of honour after the Wigan game no matter what, so a big 'F you' to the fans that are against a pitch invasion because they want to see the players do a nice little walk around the pitch.

Some people.

Oh come on - who gives a monkeys if we are abused on social media or look tinpot? Go on the pitch if you must but don't do it because of what others will say if you don't.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Last time I invaded a pitch was in the 80's when Dunfermline Athletic was promoted from the Scottish 3rd Division. I'd be doing it again but I'm marooned in the WSU for the 2 last games as I didn't swap my ST seats quick enough. If anyone wants to swap their lower level seats for 2 great seats in the Middle of WSU let me know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think those on the season ticket waiting list must be hoping there is a pitch invasion, and lots of current ST holders are banned for next season freeing up available seats.

I would just refer everyone to S4 Football Offences Act 1991

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

You have been warned

You are also ruining the occasion for the players who rather than being able to celebrate at the final whistle have to rush off, and those that are caught by the mob have to struggle through to safety while having their kit ripped from them.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yea because those really sound like Bruno and Chris's words :rolleyes:

Go and enjoy your time on the pitch, because who knows what the future holds... and you don't want to look back on this moment as the time you clapped from the stands as you do every week, while everyone else savoured it that much more.

I'm amongst the prawn sandwiches and i'll be on, just tell me what minute.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Surely if we gain promotion on Monday it should be done then!!??

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Of course people will go on the pitch. Was fun at Walsall and jealous that I'll be thousands of miles away, but maybe I'll find a nice park nearby to run around in in my shirt ^_^

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
It will be 10/15 mins max. Compared to footballers playing on it for 90 with studs on... Which is going to do the most damage to the pristine pitch? Ermmmm....

Oh wait, I forgot, I planned on planting my chrysanthemums by the North Stand penalty spot. Oh bollocks.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Some people.

Let's make sure all the games have finished before any attempt.to run on the pitch. We don't want to do a "Reading" now that would as embarrassing as duck

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think those on the season ticket waiting list must be hoping there is a pitch invasion, and lots of current ST holders are banned for next season freeing up available seats.

I would just refer everyone to S4 Football Offences Act 1991

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

You have been warned

You are also ruining the occasion for the players who rather than being able to celebrate at the final whistle have to rush off, and those that are caught by the mob have to struggle through to safety while having their kit ripped from them.

Clueless. They're going to ban 5-10k (probably more) fans are they? Fans who have been supporting this club for 30 or more years and replace them with fans who will be gone in a flash at the first signs of relegation.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Some people.

Why will the players and staff do a lap of honour no matter what after the Wigan game. This is not the last home game of the season and nothing may be decided by then,

Some People !!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Clueless. They're going to ban 5-10k (probably more) fans are they? Fans who have been supporting this club for 30 or more years and replace them with fans who will be gone in a flash at the first signs of relegation.

No - but maybe a few of them will be unlucky enough to be nabbed by a steward or captured on CCTV (or in HD by Sky)?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Can I get on the pitch at about 78 minutes please, then I can still beat the queues and make the train I must catch so that I can get home before tea time Wednesday .. I have a long round trip you know..

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I agree with [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION]. Let the players clap the fans, and let the youngsters (such as my 6 year old) enjoy that. Then us grown ups can celebrate in the Concourse with beers. In the Goldstone Days there was nowhere else to go apart from the pitch. There's plenty of room in the Concourse to celebrate now
The annual end of season pitch invasion at the Goldstone was the one thing I looked forward to most when I was his age!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We had this whole discussion before the pitch invasions at Withdean and exactly the same will happen again.

1. Club issues statement saying please keep off the pitch.
2. At the game, the PA announcer asks that people keep off the pitch or there will be no player's lap of honour.
3. Pitch invasion happens for about 5-10 minutes. All good spirited.
4. Everyone clears off the pitch and the players come out for their lap of honour.
5. Everyone goes home happy.

Don't see the need for such a big debate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here