Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR: No regrets about homophobic gesture

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...m-richards-corinthians-brazil-racism-football

He has had to deal with racism all his life and appeared in court after making a “homophobic” gesture towards Brighton fans in 2013. He does not regret it. “I’ve got more racism in England for being Turkish than being black. That ‘homophobic’ thing all started from people calling me a Turkish kebab. ‘Go back to Turkey you f*cking Turkish kebab!’ People have quoted that I’ve got charged with homophobia but I didn’t, I got charged with public disorder.”

After so many years, it's sad to see that he still hasn't worked out that being racially abused is never going to work as an excuse for making homophobic gestures.

"My nationality was insulted, M'Lud. That was why I went out of my way to insult some other minority group."

And he can dress it up as 'public order' all he wants.

We know what it was and so does he.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would have thought that 13 teams in 13 years would be the perfect definition if a journeyman.

In terms of his recollections of the Amex I wonder how his current memory stands up against the Court transcripts.
I seem to recall it was you're fat and you know you are which is a mile away from his observations.

Also if he is fully Turkish I don't recall him doing his military service.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I would have thought that 13 teams in 13 years would be the perfect definition if a journeyman.

In terms of his recollections of the Amex I wonder how his current memory stands up against the Court transcripts.
I seem to recall it was you're fat and you know you are which is a mile away from his observations.

Also if he is fully Turkish I don't recall him doing his military service.

My post #8, is a link to the newpaper report, stating the abuse at the Amex referred to his weight. He'd had exactly the same abuse at Blackburn when he was on loan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Can't say I've ever heard a chant about Turkey kebab at the Albion, or any football ground? Maybe I'm alone?

You haven't and neither has he. The link to the original trial quotes him and his defence lawyer complaining Brighton fans had called him fat.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
The song was
You re just a falafel in disguise
You re a falafel in disguise.
It was the veggie fast food alternative from the gay brighton vegan massive

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a load of old incoherent lying gibberish by CKR.

I wonder if [MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] is his ghost writer?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At the match at Ewood prior to the Amex incident CKR went in hard on Calde. This meant that for the remainder of the match we gave him the 'Brighton Reject' and 'W*nker" chants every time he touched the ball. He got stroppy with that too and made a gesture reaching for his bottom. None of the away contingent felt the need to be so offended that they had to report him to a policeman though.

Is he am immature tool? Yes
Was it worth a court appearance? No, IMO

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
At the match at Ewood prior to the Amex incident CKR went in hard on Calde. This meant that for the remainder of the match we gave him the 'Brighton Reject' and 'W*nker" chants every time he touched the ball. He got stroppy with that too and made a gesture reaching for his bottom. None of the away contingent felt the need to be so offended that they had to report him to a policeman though.

Is he am immature tool? Yes
Was it worth a court appearance? No, IMO

He's obviously concerned enough to lie about it and label Brighton fans as racist.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I wonder if [MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] is his ghost writer?
Stalker alert..... ( a bit obsessive HT... quoting me on a thread I hadn't even opened until now).... wow... those winter nights in the Fatherland, must just fly by.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here