Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
I think I read earlier today that it will cost the NHS nearly half a billion pounds to obtain for permits for its staff. That might be the problem you were asking about. Anyway, back to work for me.
nothing like the millions we pay the EU every week eh???, change, that's the problem for some people and you can't carry on expecting people to be with happy with the same old thing, hence the vote to LEAVE the EU, I can't believe this far down the line and there's a few undemocratic losers who cant get to grips with it .

regards
DR

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
nothing like the millions we pay the EU every week eh???, change, that's the problem for some people and you can't carry on expecting people to be with happy with the same old thing, hence the vote to LEAVE the EU, I can't believe this far down the line and there's a few undemocratic losers who cant get to grips with it .

regards
DR

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...hs-cost-billions-nuffield-trust-a8630836.html

Author of the blog, Mark Dayan, the Nuffield Trust’s Brexit expert and policy analyst, said: “Even with quite cautious assumptions about how much prices would rise, this calculation suggests a no-deal Brexit would have a noticeable impact on NHS finances.

“That money will have to be taken from somewhere, and £2.3bn is equivalent to the entire annual budget of around six NHS trusts.

“Unfortunately, a no-deal scenario would also mean less money in the Treasury to bail out the service.

“The days of indefinite austerity for the health service would be back.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
An 'exclusive' in the sports section of The Times today - The FA are to propose a maximum of 12 non-HGP's in a Premier League squad of 25 post-Brexit. GBE's will be awarded to any foreign player that make up the 12, replacing the existing criteria. The FA are reported as being happy with current EFL arrangements though. If a deal isn't reached though apparently with The Premier League, then EEA players would face the same criteria as non-EEA players for GBE's. These are the current numbers in Premier League squads.

View attachment 102052

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...from-abroad-at-premier-league-clubs-2jv5mswfb
We are not in that bad a position, with Bruno and Bong out of contract in the summer, and with Suttner and Schelotto nowhere near selection.

January will see a focus on non-HGPs like Nick Powell.

Probably also explains the Scottish players ( non-HGP, but surely that will change if the above kicks in ) we are regularly linked with.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, 4 and a half months until we leave

More fudge ?

fudge-Pinda.png

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We are not in that bad a position, with Bruno and Bong out of contract in the summer, and with Suttner and Schelotto nowhere near selection.

January will see a focus on non-HGPs like Nick Powell.

Probably also explains the Scottish players ( non-HGP, but surely that will change if the above kicks in ) we are regularly linked with.

There'll be a scramble too for European 16 and 17 year old's to go into academies in January as under 18's aren't permitted to move to other countries under FIFA rules outside of The EEA.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I know for a fact that us leaving the EU was the final nail in Woolys coffin and BHS and highly likely it done for C&A .
FACTOID.

The captain of the Titanic was distracted by the news of Brexit and hit an iceberg.If the EU had been around in 1914,they would have stopped the assassination and prevented both world wars.Mother Theresa was a supporter of the EU.Sure I heard it all on here,but still not heard about Japan/EU implementation times.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
An 'exclusive' in the sports section of The Times today - The FA are to propose a maximum of 12 non-HGP's in a Premier League squad of 25 post-Brexit. GBE's will be awarded to any foreign player that make up the 12, replacing the existing criteria. The FA are reported as being happy with current EFL arrangements though. If a deal isn't reached though apparently with The Premier League, then EEA players would face the same criteria as non-EEA players for GBE's. These are the current numbers in Premier League squads.

View attachment 102052

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...from-abroad-at-premier-league-clubs-2jv5mswfb

I really hope this is not the case, I dont want to watch bog standard British players again because we have to.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The captain of the Titanic was distracted by the news of Brexit and hit an iceberg.If the EU had been around in 1914,they would have stopped the assassination and prevented both world wars.Mother Theresa was a supporter of the EU.Sure I heard it all on here,but still not heard about Japan/EU implementation times.

You really are the master of drivel.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ok so if you don't think that you admit that brexit HAS had an effect?

How the hell were you ever a student ? You're too stupid. So let's summarise ( that means make a something long shorter - thought I might need to explain as English clearly isn't your first language ) :

1. Brexit isn't to blame for the current demise of the high street - the internet, high rents and ever increasing rates are.

2. Brexit has fo course had an effect on the economy but not in the way you have stated.

Is that simple enough Village Idiot ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ok. So you are claiming that brexit has had an effect on the economy, but not on anything at all associated with any costs of a high street shop?

Really .... FFS .... learn to read and digest. I refer you to my previous post.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's exactly what the Tories want. Run down the Health Service and then announce plans to privatise this bit and privatise that bit.
The USA are rubbing their hands together at the thought of selling us health insurance.

Arron Banks is in insurance. Funny that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here