Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The use of the word 'methinks'.

'Apropos of nothing'. The correct reply being 'well, **** off then!'.

'Cerainly, that will be absolutely no trouble at all'. I asked you for the bill. Why not just say 'yes', you verbal diarrhetic ****. It obviously is a massive problem, and you'd rather be updating your Grinder

*cough* Actually I think that flinch better probably describes my reaction to all this bollocks than cringe *cough*. So, my bad. <sigh>

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Why oh why would Theresa May make a complete fool of herself in front of the world's press Corp. Can't she see it is toe-curling!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Actually, did anyone see Robbie Williams on the X-Factor on Saturday?

If you did you'll know what I'm talking about. The very definition of "cringe" right there.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

How are you with the word 'squire' ?

I must admit to using this with people I am familiar with, both in written and verbal form. I have a vague sense of it making me sound worldly, but I'm wondering now whether it just makes me sound like a catastrophic bell.

I used to as well but stopped when saw an old Harry Enfield sketch.. couple of middle class idiots talking to each other at a party.. "How are we then?" "Reasonable, Reasonable" . Then go on to use the phrase "drop of the old 4 star" when offered a whiskey..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Any away fans singing “Your support is ****ing shit” and that includes ours when we’re away, and while I’m at it, away fans singing” (name of town) is a shithole, I wanna go home, etc”.
Go then, go on, ****off , you won’t be missed, you boring, unoriginal muppet.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
People who say "you'll find this interesting................ no I bloody well won't

What if it's BBC One's "Heir Hunters" calling you up, and they've just tracked you down to say your Great Uncle Algernon pegged it 2 years ago and you're the sole heir to his £4m fortune?

That'd be bloody interesting...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
come on mate , you lead with your chin posting that :lolol:
Haha! Fairs.
Ironically, it was done with a lot of self awareness. Nearly all of my posts are believe it or not :)
Some on here (not you by the way) take my posts far too seriously .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Old politcians (can be from any party), lying that they like pop bands liked by youth. Even their mere mentioning of band names sounds awful.

Seeing and hearing rudeness by some customers in shops and restaurants. Some people are simply unable to utter the words "please" and "thank you". I go out of my way to be extra polite to such staff.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Covers of songs in TV adverts.
Over emotive singing.
The last 20 years of commercially successful singer songwriters.
Adults on skateboards who are rubbish
Personalised number plates
Most of the words that have been added to the OED in my lifetime.
Fingernails down a blackboard.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Food marketing and packaging.

'Happy Eggs', anything with a story behind it, everything by 'innocent'.

The word 'journey'

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People talking/posting on social media etc too much about stuff that used to be regarded as private and personal. While I believe talking about things is vital and healthy there is a time and a place. Over-sharing is the phrase I believe?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Being introduced to someone who describes themself as a 'D.J.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here