Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iFollow not for BHA?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I'm confused by the following on iFollow (replacement of Player). I'm due to renew at end of week after my annual subscription to seagull Player expires. Are BHA signed up with the service or is SeagullTV separate?

Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brighton and Hove Albion, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Newcastle United, QPR and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Please contact your club for more information.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sounds like you'll want to cancel.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
sounds like you'll want to cancel.

Mine also expires at the end of the week, and after the shenanigans of the pre-season I shall not renew.

I say this as someone who has subscribed since it was offered free for a year back when NTL were providing broadband in Brighton and Hove (pre Virgin Media).

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Now I am really confused! I e-mailed the club this morning about not being able to watch the game last night and got this prompt reply:-

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems while trying to access the live stream on Seagulls TV. We are aware that there are some issues with watching the club's live content via various hardware/browser combinations and are working with our streaming provider to overcome these.

We have raised the issue of the stream not playing on certain hardware/browser combinations, and are awaiting further feedback from our digital partner and live stream provider. We will publish a minimum system and software requirements article once we are in receipt of this information - and advise of any hardware or software which won't support the live stream.

In addition we have raised issues concerning the login and logout process, so users have a better experience - and other issues raised by users directly with our media or supporter services teams.

We spoke directly with our digital partner yesterday evening, and also have a conference call with them and also our website, app and video/live stream providers scheduled for 6pm on Monday once they have fully investigated the various issues we have raised on behalf of our fans. We have been assured they will be prioritising these issues I mention above.

We have also been assured by our digital partner that they don't want this happening again and they will be working with our video and streaming partners to find out what happened and to work to ensure it does not happen again.

Best Wishes,

Tom Hazel
Supporter Services

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is there any need for this now unless you live abroad? surely the access to our games and highlights will be covered more than enough online, on tv and in the papers.

Feb 28, 2009
I want to be able to listen to the game in France as I use to be able to last season.

Any live tv and videos is an extra. (last night I couldn't get live tv of the Southend game)

Is it possible to get this?.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Live audio commentary of all matches - that is what it says on the subscribe page :)

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/SeagullsTV/subscribe/

Although on the evidence witnessed so far a more than likely scenario will be:

Live audio commentary of all matches AT THE RANDOM TIMES THAT THE 'LISTEN NOW' BUTTON CHOOSES TO APPEAR AND EVEN THEN IT'LL BE A LOTTERY AS TO WHETHER IT ACTUALLY WORKS OR NOT.

I'm certainly going nowhere near it until I hear assurance that it's actually working as advertised for a good while.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Link from support message takes me to the EFL page which, of course does not cover our league! Helpfully though the message ends "If you are going to be residing in Spain, we recommend waiting until you are in Spain to make the purchase."

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Am I being a bit thick, or could it be that it is because we are no longer in the EFL that iFollow is not available to us?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Getting to the PL has meant I have stopped paying (Although I tried to cancel last summer and just missed the notice period). Apart from the pre-season games, I can't see why I would want to pay that much if I don't need to radio commentary. Their USP of extended highlights are completely negated if you have Sky as the full game is available for all Saturday afternoon matches through the red button thingy I have never had the need to use before! And if you don't have Sky, you will get a few minutes coverage at least on MOTD which will be better than you had most weeks on C5.

It's a shame that it looks like U23 and ladies games are going on Player rather than Youtube as I would dip in and out of them but can't justify over £40 a year for a couple of friendlies and a bit of ad hoc viewing of other games. The Press Conferences were fun to watch to start with but Hughton never really says much and the headlines are on multiple other sites - even more so now I would guess.

The amount of content has gone down and down as the price has gone up, which is sad. At Withdean, we had Nicky Keig Shevlin doing pieces during the week which weren't available elsewhere and were sometimes of interest. Then we had the pre-season tour diaries which were fun. Now it is after game interviews which are BBC Sussex with pictures and match highlights that are more widely covered on mainstream media.

Still useful for those outside of Sussex who want commentary (Although I'm sure the magic Kodi may have more of an effect this season) but outside of that, not sure where the value is.

PedroS

Aug 17, 2017
I signed up to iFollow from here in Mallorca. I presumed we'd be able to listen to the match last Saturday as we could for years before with Seagulls HD and Radio Sussex. The transmission was blocked according to the live chat line. I am now trying to get my 54 Euros back. Does anyone know how/if we can listen to live matches this season?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I signed up to iFollow from here in Mallorca. I presumed we'd be able to listen to the match last Saturday as we could for years before with Seagulls HD and Radio Sussex. The transmission was blocked according to the live chat line. I am now trying to get my 54 Euros back. Does anyone know how/if we can listen to live matches this season?

I had a spare five minutes so I called Ifollow customer services, explained your situation, she told me that living in Spain you could watch all the games live. After convincing her, that we were not in the Championship anymore and that didn't apply, but the audio commentary should be streamed worldwide to subscribers, she came up with, if a match is broadcast live on TV then they were not allowed to stream audio. I told her I thought that was not correct information. She simply said, wait and see if it works on Saturday.

Anyway if you need the number to talk directly it is : 02078264577 (IFollow Customer Services)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This issue is one that has been extremely badly managed !
I am sure that back in May/June time the club stated that a formative statement about this would be issued.
Not at all certain that I ever received any proper clarification on the situation so somewhat narked !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I dunno.

But having your email address as your NSC username is possibly the WORST idea I have seen since that afternoon Chris Hughton called Blackburn and said "that fella Leon Best....can we borrow him for a bit ?"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Calling [MENTION=865]clapham_gull[/MENTION].

He has been corresponding a lot with iFollow, so probably can tell us more about what we are entitled to.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm confused by the following on iFollow (replacement of Player). I'm due to renew at end of week after my annual subscription to seagull Player expires. Are BHA signed up with the service or is SeagullTV separate?

Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brighton and Hove Albion, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Newcastle United, QPR and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Please contact your club for more information.

Your subscription should've automatically have transferred over from SP to STV, as mine did.
All I did was to make sure they didn't take any more monies out, at the end of my subscription end date of Aug 13th, 2017.
This they acknowledged.
But as there have been major issues with STV, some people have he their subscriptions extended by two months.
As I guess, is that I'm one of them, where I can still login with my details.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Good luck, they have told me NO REFUNDS and have since stopped responding to my emails.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

From an article on the club site on 13 July - WATCH PRE-SEASON LIVE ON SEAGULLS TV!

Throughout the season, Seagulls TV will have live audio and show extended highlights of every first-team fixture from all Premier League games, and all cup competitions - including the FA Cup and EFL Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here