Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know the old saying "You can't polish a turd"?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Attendances are the only thing you've got on us.
Even then we're more vocal/louder.
Mind you, being in the prem gives you something to shout about really.

Be careful Dodo, you are messing with the elite of the NSC.
You'll either be banned, or worse still, called a rude word by Buzzer.
You have been warned .

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'm from the 'old school'

I love the comfort and facilities of our new stadium but there is still something special about visiting the traditional style of 'separate stand' stadia - football will lose something when the last of them is pulled down.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mind you, being in the prem gives you something to shout about really.

Nicer experience, better stadium, nicer people, city not burned down, no nasty cladding, real ale, large gay community, stadium with a view, greater vocabulary, no net curtains, city next to the sea, better understanding of architectural concepts, award-winning pies - do you want me to go on?

Of course, if you really believe Parkhurst Cell is better, it shouts all we need to know about you.

I will concede the concept of shallowness to you, though.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Nicer experience, better stadium, nicer people, city not burned down, no nasty cladding, real ale, large gay community, stadium in the countryside, greater vocabulary, no net curtains, city next to the sea, award-winning pies - do you want me to go on?

Have you noticed the cladding at the Amex ?

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Nicer experience, better stadium, nicer people, city not burned down, no nasty cladding, real ale, large gay community, stadium with a view, greater vocabulary, no net curtains, city next to the sea, better understanding of architectural concepts, award-winning pies - do you want me to go on?

Of course, if you really believe Parkhurst Cell is better, it shouts all we need to know about you.

And all that in div 2.
Marvellous.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I do feel a bit sorry for CP supporters and this cladding debacle, it's like when you were a kid and the other kids at school were wearing something really cool and you begged your Mum to get it for you, one day you come home and there is a similar thing but from Tesco's own range. Still, chin up, we can't all be hip to the groove Daddy-o.

Going back a few years now but my little brother desperately wanted the latest Nintendo games console for Christmas. My nan said she'd buy it for him. He was delighted. Under the tree sat the perfectly wrapped present. Chris would check it every day and his excitement grew as time passed.. when Christmas arrived, [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION] feverishly tore at the delicate wrapping paper only to reveal... a SNES.

Thanks so much for the new trainers, Mum.

No, really, 4 stripes is fine.

This. :lolol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Is that your best response?

Go and have a look at Selhurst's nasty (you evidently missed that word - well done) cladding, and compare that at the Amex. Another fail on your part.

Look past the cladding and the odd stands, and you'll see a stadium heaped in history and brilliant memories.
Not a lover of modern stadia I'm afraid, too sterile and corporate.

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Is that your best response?

Go and have a look at Selhurst's nasty (you evidently missed that word - well done) cladding, and compare that at the Amex. Another fail on your part.
I'm surprised most of your customers had a chance to have a really good look at your ground what with them having to read the words of your club anthem in the programme so as they can have a sing song.
When they can be bothered. That is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm surprised most of your customers had a chance to have a really good look at your ground what with them having to read the words of your club anthem in the programme so as they can have a sing song.

A post of absolutely no meaning.

When Buzzer said you're the gift that keeps giving, he didn't mean for you to continuously prove it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Good call - that really happens, obviously. Every game. Every program.

They must just miss those pages out of my copy. Every week.

By the way - you got ONE thing right - what we do have is a CLUB ANTHEM. A stirring and fabulous anthem. The marching song of the Sussex Regiment.

You have 'Glad All Over' by the Dave Clark Five.

You never could, and never will be able to buy class.

Thanks for bringing this up - Its a perfect example, of how you couldn't be more wrong when you say that 'attendances are the ONLY thing' we have on you. We are Brighton, pal. You are Palace - you'll never get it - but we will never, ever be JEALOUS of you, whatever respective leagues we ever find ourselves in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And a better ground. And a more exciting manager. And better prospects. And we'll have better training facilities in a couple of months.

So the Palace posters on here claim, but whenever I see Palace at Sellhurst, it goes quiet.

All the NSC big hitters have joined the cladfest !!
Be careful Dodo, you are messing with the elite of the NSC.
Are you trying to flatter me or someone else ???

Yes you can :shrug:
See post #22 ;)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And a better ground. And a more exciting manager. And better prospects. And we'll have better training facilities in a couple of months.

So the Palace posters on here claim, but whenever I see Palace at Sellhurst, it goes quiet.

Are you trying to flatter me or someone else?

It's alright Trig
You're conference standard to the other (PLR) posters.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Looks like a pretty nice turd to me. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here